IGNORED

Well Done Keith Millen & Thank You

Donald

Last Game of Millen's Reign as Caretaker Manager and I think it's worth noting what a AMAZING JOB Millen did in his role as Caretaker Manager.

18 points from 9 games.

Fantastic Points Return.

Picked the club up when it was on it's knees with many of us concerned about a looming relegation battle

Keith brought back a positive feeling within the team and in the stands and got us playing some good football while also giving some highly rated younger players a chance to prove themselves, with him taking the reins over in the short term we now look in very good shape for next season with Coppell coming in on the back of a 10th place finish.

It's well worth saying again.....

THANK YOU KEITH MILLEN!

Last Game of Millen's Reign as Caretaker Manager and I think it's worth noting what a AMAZING JOB Millen did in his role as Caretaker Manager.

18 points from 9 games.

Fantastic Points Return.

Picked the club up when it was on it's knees with many of us concerned about a looming relegation battle

Keith brought back a positive feeling within the team and in the stands and got us playing some good football while also giving some highly rated younger players a chance to prove themselves, with him taking the reins over in the short term we now look in very good shape for next season with Coppell coming in on the back of a 10th place finish.

It's well worth saying again.....

THANK YOU KEITH MILLEN!

seconded, great spell in charge. bring on next season!!!

Great post and I'm so chuffed that he's proved all of his doubters wrong. Milly fully deserves his place on the coaching staff after a fantastic set of results. Just goes to show that with a few tweeks, and a few more QUALITY players, we could easily move up a couple of places next season.

well said, proved MANY people wrong, myself included. Good to see he got his own ideas, already looking like the long term replacement for Coppell, that said when that day does happen hopefully long in the future, people will moan about millen not having the experience needed to take over, because he's never managed in a European Competition :fingerscrossed:

Guest Baloonz

Yes very well done, thanks to Keith, I felt the season ended on a positive note.

More importantly though, was seeing City playing with great confindence.

Keith, you deserve a chance to prove yourself again.

chant6ez.gif

Yes, well done Keith.

I can't see any reason why people should associate you with the Tinnion spell.

Or with the Johnson spell.

So, you were second in command but that can't be held against you.

Also, interesting to see Coppell explicitly state that width is the way to play.

But, you said that width is a bit of a myth. However, you are good friends with Coppell so presumably you can discusss your differences like you did with Tinnion and Johnson.

Teflon Keith. Nothing sticks.

I wasn't keen on the Millen appointment at the time but I am big enough to admit I was totally wrong.

Well done and thanks Keith, you have done us all proud. Congratulations on a job well done!

Yes, well done Keith.

I can't see any reason why people should associate you with the Tinnion spell.

Or with the Johnson spell.

So, you were second in command but that can't be held against you.

Also, interesting to see Coppell explicitly state that width is the way to play.

But, you said that width is a bit of a myth. However, you are good friends with Coppell so presumably you can discusss your differences like you did with Tinnion and Johnson.

Teflon Keith. Nothing sticks.

ahh, the myth of width interview. thats the one thing that sticks in my throat with KM. but to be fair he may not of actually agreed with what he was saying. im sure he was told what to say in that interview by his boss at the time.

either way he's proved since GJ left that he's no mug. i didnt want him to get the top job and im chuffed we've got SC but i think KM has earnt his place at AG.

ahh, the myth of width interview. thats the one thing that sticks in my throat with KM. but to be fair he may not of actually agreed with what he was saying. im sure he was told what to say in that interview by his boss at the time.

either way he's proved since GJ left that he's no mug. i didnt want him to get the top job and im chuffed we've got SC but i think KM has earnt his place at AG.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts....its very hard to argue that we were staring down the barrel after the Plymouth debacle, struggling with tatics and team cohession. Keith Millen has done a fantastic job in averting disaster and to accumilate the number of points that the team has in the context of the season is a fine achievement.

All this gave the club time to make the universaly aclaimed appointment of Steve Coppell and the longer term benifits of that decision, in what we all hope will be more success.

Steve Coppell - "I said to Keith that if he 100% wanted the job, I would turn away from it".

Thank you KM for guiding us to safety and for putting the best interests of the club before your own personal ambition.

The above quote shows that we will have two class acts in the dugout next season. :winner_third_h4h:

Could not add anything to what has already been stated by all previous contributors on this thread. Must admit at the time of the "WBA Flyweight showdown at Home Park" (Alleged!!!) I was all for Millie sharing the same taxi that took the second hand car salesman to his next car lot in Cambridgeshire. But I like a lot of others was very wrong in thinking such a thing? Sometimes I really wonder just "what" hold / influence Johnson had over his coaching "team" or is team the wrong word and dictatorship more appropriate with the likes of Millie, Alan Walsh, Stuart "Smiler" Naylor and David "They have better pie shops in Bristol than on the Kings Road" Lee all just agreeing and not daring to challenge the thoughts of the Buddha???? Perhaps now is the time to put the past in a locked cupboard and throw away the key.......

Keith Millen has conducted himself with immense dignity and professionalism since that now famous meeting in a certain ex managers front room on the evening of Wednesday, March 17th. He has spoken sense, clearly got the backing of the team and shown himself to be 100% committed to the BCFC cause and for this I like the clear majority of BCFC followers are forever in his debt.

Also while we are handing out end of season "thank you's" please let us also not forget the help and assistance that Millie has received from HIS lieutenants, in particular the FOREVER ALL TIME BCFC LEGEND who is Alan Walsh. For those of us who now really should be reading our programme after a trip to our local Specsavers Walshie will always be remembered as a free scoring left sided attacker who possibly had the hardest shot (Jimmy Mann could be compared) of anyone wearing the famous red shirt over the past fifty years. Whenever we have seen Millie in his "public" role Walshie has been close by (albeit HE now has to be the carrier of that BLUE clipboard!!! something handed on from the previous clipboard carriere KM) to Millie and they have clearly bonded in to a very good management team, very well respected by the players, upstairs and fans alike.

As we start the "pre season" let us all place on record a MASSIVE vote of thanks to Keith Millen, Alan Walsh and all of the rest of the coaching team - YOU HAVE ALL DONE US VERY PROUD DURING YOUR SHORT TENURE.

PS - Memo to SC please make one of your first tasks next Monday a quick trip down to Staples and get a new clipboard - A RED ONE!!! Item number WW-373799 £1.99.

Yep big thanks to Keith for giuding the club through a difficult time. I'm sure the fact Coppell could see this squad is capable of competing at the top end of the championship had a big bearing on him taking the job too.

Archived