IGNORED

The Choice Of A Individual

Red Robin

First thing top posts below about city over the years.

However times have moved on as a 40 year old watching city for about 35 years,I would say apart from the occasional excitment alah 4 years in the old first and a couple of cup games city have not produced.

My best years watching the reds were between the ages of 14 to 20 apart from that nothing really compares to the coventry night when 12000 city fans took over the midlands.

Time moves on our children come along and yes both mine are season ticket holders from the age of five are there week in week out like many other parents with children thre.

But this is where the big question is and any parents will have had this asked by there young ones who watch not just city but probably most football clubs apart the the few.

Dad why are we in this division,Why are we not playing Man utd,Arsenal,Liverpool etc.

Dad that was rubbish why are they not trying,Why is that player not running after the ball etc.

This coming from youngsters who are sensing it at a very early age.

When you explain that the club we have watched from our young ages is not good enough or bold enough to move forward it becomes clear to the young ones say what is the point of watching the team.

You explain to them that this is the club that your grandad took you to watch and you become a city fan from there.

My boys wear the city kits with pride,however there is going to be a day when they decide if they want to go along the road of watching average football week in week out,or they decide they want to watch the heavyweights of football the decision will be for them to make.

The point I am making is it is natural for people of all ages to see success,they want to be associated with success.The question is does name BRISTOL CITY FC smell of success,We have to say in the football world the answer is no.

Untll the club competes in the heavyweight leauge then support is alway going to be fickle,support will change like the wind, it is the nature of the human being.

Bristol as a area should be able to give the poupulation a premiership club, christ it is the seventh biggest city in the uk,however untill this happens we as a club are always going to be in the backwater of the football world.

Guest cidergeorge

I agree supporting "your" team is in the blood. It's as simple as that. And living in an area that has 4 prem teams within a 35 mile radius proves exactly that. You will feel more respectable and will gain morerespsect by supporting "your" team not someone else's.

I'm not sure if you were referring to Wigan as having 4 Prem clubs within 35 miles if so then it is actually 6. Man U, Man C, Everton, Liverpool, Bolton (the closest) and Blackburn. Pedantic I know but the choice is amazing. I live with 50 miles of 10 Prem clubs and, obviously, when City are within a 2 or so hours drive I know where I will always be.

Brighton is a little too far and I never thought I would have a sniff of a ticket. BPA last week was a nightmare to get 2 tickets. Then had a brain wave and ordered 2 from BPA, esy as you like. Buying tickets when exiled is not easy and the club need to do something about this as there are a large number of us exiles at games in the North and Midlands and not forgetting all those in the South East.

Come on YOU REDS

I posted something very similar on the old forum ages ago when my two daughters refused FREE Season Tickets point blank.

My kids are 19 & 16 and, unlike you & I when we were their age, have a great choice of televised entertainment, computers, sports centres etc.

Look at today, for example.

£21 per adult and a nightmare journey to a $hitole of ground with no roof with the potential of a sodden journey home....................or, watch the Rugby & Cricket on Sky, plus the football, Soccer am........all in warmth & luxury!

If City were doing the business or at least playing good stuff, I'd still be there and we'd have sold all of our tickets and be moaning about not having more.............but we aren't and people don't need to post on this Forum for us to see the apathy that's beginning to build.

Loose today and we'll be lucky to top 9,000 against Barnsley unless they bring a few and they are doing better this year or Sexstone brings back quid a kid.

The final factor is DW's "she'll be right," philosophy, when it's as plain as a pikestaff that it won't just come right and we need a loan right winger at the very least.

The club need to realise that they can no longer purely rely on loyalty and blind faith.The team need to be winning and watchable...........and they ain't!

Cue a four nil away win just to prove me wrong and I'll see you next week! :clap:

Archived