IGNORED

Scouting At The World Cup

Murraysrightplum

Some of the North Koreans might be pretty cheap, hardworking and not too demanding. I genuinely wouldn't have a problem signing a couple of them.

Yep, I quite liked their main centre forward - jon someone. I also quite liked the look of Grichting the centre back for the swiss the other night, he had a real thou shalt not pass attitude - plays for auxerre in france. I also like derdiyok, the swiss striker, but he will cost a fortune....

Guest DukeCoxer

after watching the england game, cant remember his name but Slovenia's number ten looked like a threat.

after watching the england game, cant remember his name but Slovenia's number ten looked like a threat.

I think his name is something like Voltar Birsa.

His delivery today against England was actually pretty poor, but against the USA some of his balls into box destroyed the Americans in the first half and he has scored a very good goal in the tournament too.

So yes, he does look very useful. Not sure who he plays for at club level though.

EDIT - here is his stats...... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/groups_and_teams/team/slovenia/valter_birsa

The Ghana keeper, Kingson looks pretty useful.

Looks like he could be on a free this summer too......

From the BBC Website

"Despite playing every minute of Ghana’s World Cup qualifying campaign as captain and regularly being acknowledged as the best goalkeeper in Africa, Kingson’s club career in recent years has been puzzling to say the least.

He moved to Birmingham in 2007 but played just one game for them and was criticised by club chairman David Sullivan. This prompted a move to Wigan but he has started just three league games for the Latics in two seasons and has not made an appearance since May 2009. He is expected to be released this summer."

Guest Frome Red

Anyone spotted some decent players that we would realistically have a chance at getting?

(Don't say Messi/Kaka etc...)

Depends on how you class realistic ? we signed Hartley and Sno when they was unrealistic targets ! so do you mean players that have stood out for the "lesser" teams ?if so I'm sure if we have spotted them there will be scouts from bigger clubs around Europe that have also spotted them.

Guest CITYDAN01

Daisuke matsui

Position: Midfielder Squad number: 8 <LI>Date of birth: 11 May, 1981 (29 years old) <LI>Height: 5'9" (175cm)

playing for japan looks like a half decent center midfielder, one or two tricks has a good shot and can find a great pass. currently playing for grenoble dont know wages and fee's but would of thought he would be intrestead in a move to england

Guest Plimsolface

i started this topic at the begining of the world cup but it dissapeared (plus i didn't get any success in stopping people from going 'oh yeah, this young argentinian- i think his name is messi'

I'm sure that I have mentioned this before but Mark Bresciano, attacking Australian midfielder is worth a look:-30 or thereabouts, 50 plus caps and he's out of contact.

Look what happened on the one occasion when he was omitted;- lost 4-0 to Germany.- speaks for itself.

I don't know anything his contract situation but the NZ keeper Mark Paston looked very good. He's still playing in NZ, so fee/wages not likely to be a problem. only downside is that he is 33 but should have a good couple of years in him.

On a seperate note does anyone else hope we don't see the precession of failed triallists we've seen in recent summrs?

Guest nzred

I don't know anything his contract situation but the NZ keeper Mark Paston looked very good. He's still playing in NZ, so fee/wages not likely to be a problem. only downside is that he is 33 but should have a good couple of years in him.

On a seperate note does anyone else hope we don't see the precession of failed triallists we've seen in recent summrs?

I kmow his contract ran out at the end of the A league season with Wellington Pheonix and I am pretty sure he is still out of contract.

Another of the NZ team who is getting interest is Winston Reid who Arsenal are chasing

Paston is a good keeper though, I wouldn't mind seeing him at the Gate

Their left winger Asamoah looks very good. Pacey/energetic/good natural left foot.

Still plays in his homeland I believe (so cheap).

Would be excellent for a season long loan with a permenant agreement if impressive!

I cant see him being cheap as he plays in italy with udinese

I would happily take any of the Ghana sqaud - possibly their centre back 'Jonothan' still young, looks very promising, had an awesome game last night up against Altidore and co...

I think the commentators said he was still playing in native Ghana so again fee's and wages should be managable :innocent06:

All thats left now is to hope Stevie C reads otib :fingerscrossed:

PS. would also take any of the Chile squad!!! (Jean Beausejour looks particularly good on the left wing! currently plays for America in Mexico)

Anyone spotted some decent players that we would realistically have a chance at getting?

(Don't say Messi/Kaka etc...)

I don't know anything about him, such as who he plays for, and whether he would be a realistic target, but I have ben very impressed with Philip Bradley of the USA. Although he is the manager's son he is obviously in the team on merit, and ran the show against Ghana.

Guest Plimsolface

I don't know anything about him, such as who he plays for, and whether he would be a realistic target, but I have ben very impressed with Philip Bradley of the USA. Although he is the manager's son he is obviously in the team on merit, and ran the show against Ghana.

it's Micheal Bradley son of coach Bob Bradley

Agreed, remember the fat Russian and the Greek against Ajax last season? Dear oh dear.

After the financial hiding the club took buying Styvar and loaning Saborio and Sno, I really can't see SL and SC taking anoptimistic punt on an exotic but unproven foreign signing. The Glamour of the World Cup is a long way from Scunny on a Tuesday night!!!

Archived