IGNORED

David James

RedRock

and people laughed at the rovers forum when they suggested Scott Carson :ermm:

Although they did end up signing a WBA reserve goalie so maybe we are in fact close to signing...erm....oh dear :blush: they dont seem to have any others

Maybe not then :innocent06:

Edited by Pigsmightfly

Not that i believe for a second that this will happen, but i do have a very VERY loose and tenuous connection with David James which i will not go into, but i do know that since he split up with his wife, he doesn't really want to move too far from the south coast (i believe her and his kids live in Dorset now). Stands to reason that he wouldn't go to Celtic for those reasons, but still puts us a long way down the list of clubs he'd move to

Not that i believe for a second that this will happen, but i do have a very VERY loose and tenuous connection with David James which i will not go into, but i do know that since he split up with his wife, he doesn't really want to move too far from the south coast (i believe her and his kids live in Dorset now). Stands to reason that he wouldn't go to Celtic for those reasons, but still puts us a long way down the list of clubs he'd move to

Well he does visit South West Tyres in Clevedon regularly...maybe he could fit us in on the odd occasion that he fancies a snazzy upgrade to his Motor :innocent06:

i don't think it is a far fetched as some of you are making out it is

he lives is devon area i believe and maybe doesn't want to leave the area due to family

hes coming to the end of his career and might want to drop a level

only time will tell

Lives just down the road from me... goes to the same chinese. I'll have a word. Fancy a lift up to Ashton Gate in his limo.

Strikes me as someone who might not be too money orientated now ... and would like to get a step on the managerial ladder.

Anyhow... stupid of me to even hint at it. Off to Exeter for a bevy or 3 for KO.

Ever heard of a wage budget?

Ever heard of quality of life and investing in your future?

Never mind ... many of us down here realise money ain't everything.... don't want everybody to find out.

Off to see which BCFC team is the best ex or current ....chow.

Ever heard of quality of life and investing in your future?

Never mind ... many of us down here realise money ain't everything.... don't want everybody to find out.

Off to see which BCFC team is the best ex or current ....chow.

Yeah I have. I'm sure James has too, so he'll be looking for the biigest salary he can find now he's coming to the end of his career. Are you telling me you honestly believe David James is a realistic target, or that he'd consider coming here? Don't get me wrong I think he's one of the most honurable players around these days and a genuinely nice chap, but get real ffs.

I heard weeks ago he didn't want to leave his home in Devon... still its incredibly unlikely, but its nice to dream!

yea unlikely,

but being linked with the current england number 1 just shows how ambitious our club has become

and how far we have come as a club these last few years

IF we do pull it off, it would be our biggest signing in my lifetime

Well if true wat a fantastic capture this would be. Bags of knowledge and experience to offer gerks and hendo as well as having at least 1 very solid season left in him as a no 1. Also if true nice to know they ain't licking their wounds over Lee grant. I know I was last night.

April 1st anyone, I just can't figure this one out, why Bristol City? This will not be the biggest coup in our lifetime but in my opinion the biggest coup in the clubs history. And some people had the indecency to make the statement that the Chairman wasn't forthcoming with transfer funds.

April 1st anyone, I just can't figure this one out, why Bristol City?

If it's true he doesn't want to leave his Devon home then Bristol isn't too far away so there could be some sense to it. We're certainly closer than Glasgow!

Looks like some Scottish newspapers just picking up a rumour and running with it. Would be great if we do sign him but surely his wage demand would be beyond us?

Heard this one a week ago - but I wont believe it til I see it with my own eyes.

No chance I reckon - yeah okay, we may have made contact with him, but if he did sign for us, you would have to question his motives, as there are many bigger clubs who want him

Heard this one a week ago - but I wont believe it til I see it with my own eyes.

No chance I reckon - yeah okay, we may have made contact with him, but if he did sign for us, you would have to question his motives, as there are many bigger clubs who want him

Motives: He loves playing football, he's got more money than he knows what to do with, and, like me, he loves living in the West Country. Personally I think we have far more important positions to address than the GK slot, but if he comes it will certainly raise the profile of the club and maybe help us to attract others.

Still don't think we'll sign him (i don't think he's even 'had talks' with Coppell), but its not as far fetched as you think. He's believed to be keen on staying in the West Country, we've got a manager with a good reputation and James has said he's got no problem dropping to the Championship. At the age of 40 i can't see him going to sit on the bench at Chelsea and what options does that leave him? West Ham are believed to be interested but that wouldn't happen unless Green gets moved on. Plymouth are a level below us, as are the Gas, Exeter and Yeovil. Reading have a very good 1st choice... i guess whether there's truth in this will come down to the man himself and whats more important to him; staying put in Devon or one last pay day?

no i dont believe this will happen however it is interesting that two completely different articles are saying the same thing. there maybe some truth in it :fingerscrossed:

think the Yahoo article just seen the Scottish Sun's article of it and running along with it.

wish 'mrdc' can shed a bit of light on this

if he signed for us I'd say his motive is to play football nearer to home rather than sit on a bench in London or live in Scotland. not saying it'll happen mind.

if he signed for us I'd say his motive is to play football nearer to home rather than sit on a bench in London or live in Scotland. not saying it'll happen mind.

hmmm I can totally understand that. BUT we arent going to offer the sort of wages that the Celtics and Sunderlands can offer...

So if he is so happy in the westcountry that he does not want to move - why did'nt he accept pompey's offer of a new contract?

hmmm I can totally understand that. BUT we arent going to offer the sort of wages that the Celtics and Sunderlands can offer...

So if he is so happy in the westcountry that he does not want to move - why did'nt he accept pompey's offer of a new contract?

only he can answer that. Fancied a new challenge? Pissed off at being turned down for a player manager role? Thinks the club is financially screwed? Could be anything really.

Sunderland didnt offer a long enough contract and he'd be number 2. Celtic is in Scotland which is a craphole.

I heard weeks ago he didn't want to leave his home in Devon... still its incredibly unlikely, but its nice to dream!

As I said on the other thread discussing this topic - David James is in Clevedon sometimes twice or more a week at South West Tyres (I think he possibly has a sharing in them?!?!) So I honestly don't see Bristol as being a brigde to far for him in that respect.

If you think logically we would pretty much be the closest team with Championship/Premier League status, the only teams closer than us are Plymouth and Southampton..... If he really doesn't want to leave his home in Devon then which team would you expect him to be most likely to choose out of us, the Muff and S'ton....?

I have a good feeling about this one

Edited by Pigsmightfly

Guest wilksy

Arguably still Englands number one, and one of the only players to come out of the world cup with any credit.

I'd be absolutely amazed it happens :pray:

Arguably still Englands number one, and one of the only players to come out of the world cup with any credit.

I'd be absolutely amazed it happens :pray:

I'd be disgusted if James started Englands next game, it's clear after that wc that England need to be thinking about the future, a 40 year old is not the future! Joe Hart is Englands number 1.

The Sun and the BEP have printed this today, so either they are very very bored, read this forum, or there is something in it.

Think you've answered your own question. The wages would be astronomical, more likely to end up at Blackpool.

Didn't realise he had a home down this way, before knowing that i would of thought no way. I think that gives us as a really decent chance of signing him, i guess it really will all come down to the money, given that he's been in the game a long time and at the highest level he's not going to be short of a few quid thats for sure. Id be happily suprised if we sign him.