IGNORED

David James

RedRock

I remember after a pre season friendly against Liverpool, ten (or more) years ago, when he headed towards all the autograph hunters at the enterance to the tunnel in front of the Atyeo stand, then noticed a young severely disabled lad in a wheelchair behind the goal. He went over to the lad and presented him with his gloves.

It was quite touching at the time and something that has always remained in my memory.

It was 13 years ago last week! I was mascot that day! I'm out in USA at the moment otherwise I'd have a hunt around and try and find some photos of me with him!

If I remember correctly he saved the penalty I had at him but Robbie Fowler scored the rebound! I'll email the mother and see if she can find any photos and I'll upload them!

Guest diesel

This is correct. I would imagine and hope that if Mr. James signs and plays for us, he would indeed develop an affection for the club. My argument (or rant, if you like) was against the more hypocritical posters on this forum.

Good post. I agree

Guest diesel

Anyone else going to the gate today?

This is such exciting news. I've never wanted to hang around the Gate on a non match day, even my missus has said she wants to come with me on the off chance. (probably something to do with that photo of him on the downs)

Will be a nice little memento if I can get a photo on the day City sign their biggest ever player.

Guest Dave Youell

Heard something that IF he signs any contract, he will lose out on £120K in unpaid wages from Pompie, not sure of all the in's and out's.

So it may be a case that we can announce that we can/are signing him, but the deal won't be done till Sunday/next week.

Take it with a pinch of salt

Heard something that IF he signs any contract, he will lose out on £120K in unpaid wages from Pompie, not sure of all the in's and out's.

So it may be a case that we can announce that we can/are signing him, but the deal won't be done till Sunday/next week.

Take it with a pinch of salt

That's been mentioned already in this goliath of a thread!!

He apparently waived a £2M bonus and was quoted saying he didn't want to be a financial burden on Portsmouth FC. I wouldn't be surprised if he signed today to avoid costing Portsmouth any more money?

Guest terjon

every city fan would welcome this signing, it would really put bcfc on the map and hopefully attract other quality players,

now lets all join hands and pray,

I hope Hunt & Stewart sign aswell. now starting to look alot better.

As Coppell said we need 6 players, well lets hope thats the first 3,

a left back , a left sided midfield player and a striker are still on the shopping list.

lets hope james signs.

Guest diesel

That's been mentioned already in this goliath of a thread!!

He apparently waived a £2M bonus and was quoted saying he didn't want to be a financial burden on Portsmouth FC. I wouldn't be surprised if he signed today to avoid costing Portsmouth any more money?

As mentioned above some fans can be fickle. However, when a player does something like this that will directly help the club instead of themselves they will always be applauded and rightly so (like our 82 boys). I think most Premier League players would sit out their contracts to collect a bonus unlike DJ will do if true.

Portsmouth have great fans that will no doubt forever hold DJ in their hearts for doing something like that and most City fans will agree that is exactly the sort of player we need.

Being reported on Club Call that we are to unveil 3 signings today and suggests an 11.30 press conference will be announced, hope it was worth the £1.50 phone call !!! fingerscrossed.gif

Crikey, is that still going?! I can remember the old Club Call number from back in the day - 0898 121176, but i assumed that in the age of t'internet that it would have never lasted. How accurate is their info do you think?

This is terribly exciting!

Being reported on Club Call that we are to unveil 3 signings today and suggests an 11.30 press conference will be announced, hope it was worth the £1.50 phone call !!! fingerscrossed.gif

I have been hiding in the toilet at work on my iPhone since this thread started.

If we don't find out soon, I'm certain there will be a search party to find me or a p45 in the post.

Whatever happens regarding James it's been fun and exciting anyway.

NOW HURRY UP AND SIGN FFS!

Edited by City1984

Guest Banksy

sooo.... when exactly is this press conference going to be announced? getting really excited about today and really impatient

Guest Banksy

I have been hiding in the toilet at work on my iPhone since this thread started.

If we don't find out soon, I'm certain there will be a search party to find me or a p45 in the post.

haha quality but im sure the boss would understand the enormity of this signing(s) compared to whatever your job entails whistle.gif

Guest eastendloyal

hope you're not a heart surgeon :whistle2:

Ha ha, me too! I even tried going cold turkey off of these forums saying "a watched pot never boils" it didn't last to long tho! Come on City!

Edited by SARGENT CIDERED

I dont post a great deal on here and dont ask for source, but I have it on good authority that James medical is at midday today. Hope this is correct!

Dont shoot me down!

every city fan would welcome this signing, it would really put bcfc on the map and hopefully attract other quality players,

now lets all join hands and pray,

I hope Hunt & Stewart sign aswell. now starting to look alot better.

As Coppell said we need 6 players, well lets hope thats the first 3,

a left back , a left sided midfield player and a striker are still on the shopping list.

lets hope james signs.

Albert? Cisse?

I dont post a great deal on here and dont ask for source, but I have it on good authority that James medical is at midday today. Hope this is correct!

Dont shoot me down!

So, been following this thread with massive interest as a lurker. Decided this morning to extend my trip to the shop for a paper by paying a quick visit to the gate on the off chance of seeing anything interesting. Only saw a certain Mr James in a black BMW driving round the car park! He chatted to a woman with long dark hair and a business suit round the back of the Williams before pulling up round the back of the Atyeo and going in through the players 'entrance. Had the kids with me so couldn't get my phone out quickly enough to back it up with photos unfortunately.

Don't have any info about whether this means he's signed, having medical or whatever but he is definitely at Ashton Gate as we speak. Don't shoot me down either! I know what you guys generally think about first time posters with transfer news but I can assure you I'm just a massively excited City fan - possibly a bit more excited than any grown man should be...

So, been following this thread with massive interest as a lurker. Decided this morning to extend my trip to the shop for a paper by paying a quick visit to the gate on the off chance of seeing anything interesting. Only saw a certain Mr James in a black BMW driving round the car park! He chatted to a woman with long dark hair and a business suit round the back of the Williams before pulling up round the back of the Atyeo and going in through the players 'entrance. Had the kids with me so couldn't get my phone out quickly enough to back it up with photos unfortunately.

Don't have any info about whether this means he's signed, having medical or whatever but he is definitely at Ashton Gate as we speak. Don't shoot me down either! I know what you guys generally think about first time posters with transfer news but I can assure you I'm just a massively excited City fan - possibly a bit more excited than any grown man should be...

Well, obviously he got lost trying to find the petrol station and stopped to ask the woman the way.

h

nice try..... but not good enough for me

Guest diesel

Well, obviously he got lost trying to find the petrol station and stopped to ask the woman the way.

Clevedon tyres actually mate :dancing2:

Dont shoot me down!

Not shooting you down... this is exactly what I've heard from a very reliable source.

You know earlier in this thread someone poured scorn on the idea that DJ could add numbers to the gate each week. My wife, who has no interest in football other than the odd wembley visit etc, has already asked me twice whether she will be able to join us in the East End just to see him (for 45 minutes presumably). I am sure there will be others who will be the same.

Guest Cideriuplandlord

you serious, or is it someone else with the initial DJ and has a bouffant

DJ is down the ground with his bouffontwinner_third_h4h.gif