IGNORED

David James

RedRock

Guest oahgfafaoy
Raoul is also without a club. Why do people post this crap?! David James will not be signing for us, of that you can be 100% sure.

Hartleysbeard, you'd better go shave your beard and keep your head down :P

Guest berrowred1
<br />this is just not happening is it? How amazing. Well done City for pulling this massive massive coup off. Brilliant<br /><br />His world interview was spot on as well<br />
<br /><br /><br />

What he say?

Said he is here for the long haul. SL spoke to him about the club rather than players signing which he really liked. Said the club is stable which was a huge appeal and that he has been keeping fit all summer.

Said he played yesterday and won the world cup final against a 9 year old but need to score 3!

Interview in Player he says he nearly signed for a 'local Championship club that are no longer a Championship club', which i assume to be Argyle. Also said he was impressed with both the manager and the Chairman for selling the club in the right way i.e. that it is a solid and secure club with high ambition and that the aim is for him to be out of the Premier League for no longer than a season!!

This is phenomenal!

Interview sounds positive. Obviously says how he's putting his family first and that played a big part in the decision but also said the club needed to be right. He was impressed with Landsdown and says the club is very ambitious, like himself which impressed him. Also confirms he was offered significantly more money elsewhere but he's not a 'maverick' and that's not what he's about. He speaks as if he has a few years left in him yet! Up the City!

Guest belfastrobin

I cant believe we have signed David 'Englands no1' James!!!!!!!

Cant stop myself from smiling wwwwooooooooo hhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done to Steve Lansdowne and the rest for making this possible

Guest ateyomike

Well if true wat a fantastic capture this would be. Bags of knowledge and experience to offer gerks and hendo as well as having at least 1 very solid season left in him as a no 1. Also if true nice to know they ain't licking their wounds over Lee grant. I know I was last night.

completly shocked but does it show what a pull as a manager sc is ???

<br />Well done Matt BCFC on ziderheads for breaking the rumour first! top job! :laugh:<br />
<br /><br /><br />

And may no one ever say source to you ever again!

I'm feeling a bit emotional right now...my old man would have loved this

Cmon City

Guest Banksy
<br />UNBELIEVABLE just listened to his interview and the main reasons for signin were obviously he wanted to stay in the south west but he also kept saying that his chat with steve lansdown was a key reason. i love SL more more by the day what a legend.<br /><br />When james was asked 'can you understand why this will shock the football world ?' he replied 'not my problem'<br /><br />What a great man to have around are football club<br />
<br /><br /><br />

i listened to that and he is an absolute top bloke well done everyone involved and as he said: it isnt his problem he loves football and has said he has joined the rite club to match his ambitions (family reasons and playing football at a good club)

<br />This made me chuckle:<br /><br /><a href='http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/91104-david-james-at-bristol-city/page__view__findpost__p__1208809' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow'>http://www.brfcforum...ost__p__1208809</a><br /><br />Silly Gash head.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

The bitterness over there is off the scale! It's hilarious and i think we should organise emergency rations of bottled water to help them all swallow the bitter pill they seem to have stuck in their throats!!

Guest Centenary Gas
<br />Unbelivable!! Englands number 1 plays for Bristol City.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

The former England number 1, he wont even get in the squad now.

Make no mistake, a fantastic signing for you lot if he stays fit. But with a dodgy knee and hitting 40, if he gets crocked it could be an expensive one for you lot...

Guest Zyder9

Seems the calamity james threads are sprouting up with the gash but were they not peeing themselves with excitement at some loon suggesting they were signing scott "butterfingers" carson?

Guest oftbc

Been down the Gate all afternoon. Plenty of people down there fair play to them all. It was obvious something was going on. There was a guy on the gate between the shop and the Williams, Goal posts were taken in so it was obvious. We then saw him drive out of AG but he wouldn't give anything away. Couldn't believe that David James was at AG. Got in the car and started driving home and the text come through and I went mental, How I stayed on the road I don't know. Even had a few tears in my eyes. As City fans we have been through a hell of a lot. For us to sign the current England number one goal keeper is amazing, In fact words can't describe the feeling. Thank you to all involved that made this deal happen. This has the potential to be massive for our club. The knock on effect will be huge. This feels ******* great.

I'm grinning like a right one, Cant believe we've got James, Thank you Bristol and the West country for being such a fantastic place.

I love David James, snubbed Celtic and the Prem with all its money for us, what a legend!

Omg how far we have come...WOOOT!!!!

Guest Banksy
<br />I'm grinning like a right one, Cant believe we've got James, Thank you Bristol and the West country for being such a fantastic place.<br /><br />I love David James, snubbed Celtic and the Prem with all its money for us, what a legend! <br /><br />Omg how far we have come...WOOOT!!!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

i think im going to cry brilliant day for the club 3 top class signings

Guest oftbc

Right I remember a few people on here saying they would carry out forfeits if he signed. Come on let's see it then. I am still buzzing. Anyone care to speculate how much a week he is on?

Guest optical bully

Had a nice offer on monday,

made the news on tuesday,

a few more offers on wednesday,

the bookies took odds on thursday,

i made the GAS cry when i signed on friday,

Woop woop bring on the season!