IGNORED

David James

RedRock

I have alluded on this thread to a few reservations about this signing...

...but at the end of the day...

1) I can't deny Mr.James' qualities (both as a player and as a man).

2) I can't deny the benefit to our club's profile. We have after all been splattered all over the national media already.

3) It's impossible not to be swept along by the euphoria.

4) It's worth every penny we are paying him just to witness the happiness on this forum today.

So sod it - I'm bloody delighted. Not just with the aqcuisition of Mr. James, but also the arrival of Mr. Hunt and Mr. Stewart, both of whom I believe to be fantastic signings (although today they are probably wondering if anybody cares that they have turned up).

:winner_third_h4h:

I don't have internet at the moment, but, I had to find some when I got the text of this.

Its even the top soccer story in the states. Incredible!!!! Can't wait for august 7th!!!!!

14.41 BST: Here is our report on David James' move to Bristol City. It is an unfolding story, so we will be bringing you more as we get it. Let us know your thoughts using the comments form below.

14.31 BST: BREAKING NEWS! The current holder of England's No. 1 shirt, David James, has signed for Championship club Bristol City!

14.11 BST: The website of the Daily Mirror is reporting that David James has turned down interest from Sunderland and Celtic in order to sign for Bristol City on Friday. It is an interesting move for the man who ended the World Cup as England's No. 1.

By the way, was reading through the thread and found some of these posts funny:

Raoul is also without a club. Why do people post this crap?! David James will not be signing for us, of that you can be 100% sure.

There is no way we will sign David James. Seriously do people actually think this is championship manager????

Yeah I have. I'm sure James has too, so he'll be looking for the biigest salary he can find now he's coming to the end of his career. Are you telling me you honestly believe David James is a realistic target, or that he'd consider coming here? Don't get me wrong I think he's one of the most honurable players around these days and a genuinely nice chap, but get real ffs.

post-170-059789700 1280544593_thumb.jpg

i had to check this thread again just to make sure yesterday wasn't a dream :englandsmile4wf:

i would love it if he gets called up and starts for england just once, so that we can rub it in the noses and the blue minority up north

Great signing for Bristol City, any chance of keeping him fit so that he may join us down the M5 in a couple of years!

no problem, once again you can have our sloppy seconds :icecream:

Bumped into a friend yesterday afternoon who is a Cardiff season ticket holder.

He was laughing like I've never seen him laugh before as he said: "Ha, ha, You lot are supposed to be after David James aren't you? Ha, Ha, HA, HA, HA!"

"Yes" I said - "He signed about an hour ago"

"HA, HA, HA," he continued ......... then a few seconds later the face changed, his brow furrowed as he said "..........What?????" .........

You really had to be there but it was a priceless moment I shall remember. :-)

Bumped into a friend yesterday afternoon who is a Cardiff season ticket holder.

He was laughing like I've never seen him laugh before as he said: "Ha, ha, You lot are supposed to be after David James aren't you? Ha, Ha, HA, HA, HA!"

"Yes" I said - "He signed about an hour ago"

"HA, HA, HA," he continued ......... then a few seconds later the face changed, his brow furrowed as he said "..........What?????" .........

You really had to be there but it was a priceless moment I shall remember. :-)

Stuck one right up a jealous taff Chalkie.....good lad!!!!:winner_third_h4h:

Guest comfortinsound

Ah just woke from a gloriously vivid but unlikely dream where we signed England's No.1 goalkeeper and all round legend David James. Dreams can be so cruel. Oh wait......BRILLIANT!! englandsmile4wf.gif

Guest ribsbcfc

What is the with the David James love in and talk of him being a decent bloke? Didn't he cheat on his wife and kids?

I met Jamo at longleat a few years back , he was a very decent chap who was very happy to stop for a photo with my kids , and was equally happy to chat,

AFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFROAFRO

Swedish sports website I love the fact we are now linked to Ronaldo, Rooney, Owen & Messi according to Sweden. :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br:

"We have phoned Rooney, Ronaldo and Messi"

August 5, 2010, at 18:49 Written by Patrik Sjögren, reporter Register!

Championship club Bristol City, England shocked when they managed to attract the team's first goalkeeper David James. After that, the club is now alleged to be on the hunt for Manchester United's Michael Owen.

- It is pure fantasy. We have tried to get Rooney, Ronaldo and Messi, but they have not responded to our phone call yet, "said club manager Steve Coppell ironic to the BBC.

Coppell is also suitable to drive a little extra with Owen rumor.

- We talked with Michael Owen on to fly him in by helicopter, but it has not led to anything yet.

/ Patrik Sjögren

Keywords: Manchester United, Bristol City Michael Owen

Guest repro-red

I know it's not original but David, David James to the tune of Danny,danny Haynes.

What about Hey Jamesy I wanna nooooooooooooooooo where you got that fro

What about Hey Jamesy I wanna nooooooooooooooooo where you got that fro

Like it, like it.

How about;

Taxi for gerkin, taxi for gerkin and repeat.

Can I just add that I like deano and think he has the potential to become a very good keeper.

Guest sdc1978

Someone got him as there avitar in the yellow goalie shirt but not sure who sorry. Has posted on another thread recently tho

Yeah, saw that one, ta - but it would be scaled down to be used as an avatar - want a decent res one to use for my 19 incher!

Guest Zyder9

haha! this is brilliant - just got back from Turkey and no internet access and was reading this to catch up and then spat my coffee all over my PC - my housemates ex IS Stacey Penton!!!!

To be fair, she's ALOT of peoples ex! :icecream:

983! You cant let it stop there........... Im very plaeased with this signing.

I am also very pleased with this signing - measured at 984 on the Stacey Penton pleasure scale!

Edited by downendcity

I am also very pleased with this singing - measured at 984 on the Stacey Penton pleasure scale!

Sorry, major miscalculation. It now reads 988 on the SP pleasure scale - the pleasure is growing!!

Guest eastendloyal

That's the problem with trying to measure pleasure. The minute you start fiddling about with it, it just keeps growing beyond your control!!

990 now.

with posts like that stacy will have no trouble hitting 1000 on her pleasure scale :shifty: