IGNORED

David James

RedRock

Ive just read through the first few posts again on this thread. A few red faces and apologies if he does sign

No I dont think so, A signing of this kind is quite naturally dismissed.

David James should be out of our reach. If he signs, he would have given up alot of dosh to spend more time with his family

Guest Sampson City Reds

1/5 on this may just happen guys.

For the first time we will all be able to sing Englands no1 and be totally right!!:dancing2:

Edited by Sampson City Reds

Guest Bristoliain

1/5 on this may just happen guys.

For the first time we will all be able to sing Englands no1 and be totally right!!:dancing2:

And then be City's 1st England International since....? Ateyo himself?

I think if he does sign, there is a chance we would sell more replica goalie shirts than outfield shirts!

Would be sensational if we pull this off, although it is starting to feel a little bit like the Metab saga. I.e. The disappointment if he doesn't sign mow would be huge.

And then be City's 1st England International since....? Ateyo himself?

I don't want to appear harsh (or negative), but added to the fact that Mr. James will be 42 in 2012, I would suggest that if he does sign for us he won't be banking on too many more England call-ups.

If his England career is a priority we simply won't get him.

a guy who has set the record for premier League appearances and make no mistake that figure is not an accident.

Something about that concept amuses me... Bugger, I've accidentally notched up 530 appearances.

I'm trying a new strategy.

David who?

Oh David James.

Don't be stupid, don't care anyway!

Nope, it's not working, still very excited about this one.

And q massive disappointment for little city1984.

Hmmm, working late and think the paint fumes maybe getting to me.

Guest Bristoliain

I don't want to appear harsh (or negative), but added to the fact that Mr. James will be 42 in 2012, I would suggest that if he does sign for us he won't be banking on too many more England call-ups.

If his England career is a priority we simply won't get him.

There are games between now and 2012 you know.

Edited by Bristoliain

surely jamo wont get a look in keeper wise for england now post world cup anyway

focus will be all on youth and getting joe hart or someone in and experienced, spose he might make squad for competitive games though

however if he is playing for us no chance ha ha

I dont see why not, Cappello has called up Joe Lewis, and Mancienne when he was on loan at wolves in championship. Granted it was only provisional squad but it shows he does look outside prem. Plus, what keepers do England have? Hart will prob not be starting for Man City at start of season. I think for the short term he still has a chance at being called up. At least in squad. Plus he was one of the few players at world cup that played well.

surely jamo wont get a look in keeper wise for england now post world cup anyway

focus will be all on youth and getting joe hart or someone in and experienced, spose he might make squad for competitive games though

however if he is playing for us no chance ha ha

I thank you.

Guest Shovel

Check out the number of views this thread has had! Nearly 30,000 in just over 24 hours. Admittedly some user will have viewed this thread more than once, but it just shows what interest there is in BCFC and what intereste would be generated with higher profile players, premier league football and a new stadium.

Check out the number of views this thread has had! Nearly 30,000 in just over 24 hours. Admittedly some user will have viewed this thread more than once, but it just shows what interest there is in BCFC and what intereste would be generated with higher profile players, premier league football and a new stadium.

I'm responsible for at least half of them...

What is the with the David James love in and talk of him being a decent bloke? Didn't he cheat on his wife and kids?

He's one of the few in the England squad I have respect for. He's an intelligent, articulate man and he seems far less concerned for material possessions than most footballers these days, a nice change. So what if he did, we all make mistakes, and imo that doesn't neccessarily make him a bad man. Besides, how exactly did he cheat on his kids?

Guest diesel

He's one of the few in the England squad I have respect for. He's an intelligent, articulate man and he seems far less concerned for material possessions than most footballers these days, a nice change. So what if he did, we all make mistakes, and imo that doesn't neccessarily make him a bad man. Besides, how exactly did he cheat on his kids?

If you cheat on your wife you cheat on your family ie your kids.

Don't get me wrong I don't really give a monkeys ass if he's a (as the papers call) Loverat or not, just pointing out that he's not perfect to those drooling at his intelligence.

Would be an amazing signing for City.

If you cheat on your wife you cheat on your family ie your kids.

Don't get me wrong I don't really give a monkeys ass if he's a (as the papers call) Loverat or not, just pointing out that he's not perfect to those drooling at his intelligence.

Would be an amazing signing for City.

Absolute rubbish.

Also, someone having an affair has no bearing on their intelligence!

Ive just read through the first few posts again on this thread. A few red faces and apologies if he does sign

No, not red faces if he signs.. red faces now as there was clearly something in it. :winner_third_h4h:

I notice many of them seem to have lost their keyboards.

So a win/win ........ not only could we sign the England keeper but a load of self-important, ignorant, know-it-all t..wats have been cleared off this forum. Even if they do come back perhaps they've learnt a lesson and won't be quite so keen to rubbish other posters who are a lot wiser than they.

:preacher:

Edited by Moor2Sea

In my lifetime definately. Maybe people who were around in the 70's might consider Norman Hunter a bigger signing.

Yeah my old man said that's the only one he can think of that comes close. We were in the First Division back then though weren't we? So surely this is bigger! He was England's number one at the World Cup a bloody month ago!

No, not red faces if he signs.. red faces now as there was clearly something in it. :winner_third_h4h:

So a win/win ........ not only could we sign the England keeper but a load of self-important, ignorant, know-it-all t..wats have been cleared off this forum. Even if they do come back perhaps they've learnt a lesson and won't be quite so keen to rubbish other posters who are a lot wiser than they.

F ** k off you *****! At a time where everyone is equally excited and in unity why would you post some bullshit like this? Besides, it hardly proves anything. James would have taken an enormous paycut in exceptional circumstances should this come up and the move was hardly predictable. Suddenly people are ignorant because they didn't believe we could sign a player who was previously on 40k a week? Grow up you ****.

Guest Bristoliain

Wow.

WUM alert

I understand that City are very close to a deal and he could be unveiled at the Blackpool game if discussions are finalised by tomorrow.

Someone just a minute ago posted how many could be on the gate tomorrow?....Good Question...I'm as nervous now as I was before the play off final...God this better have at least a tinge of truth to it!

Edited by REDOXO

F ** k off you *****! At a time where everyone is equally excited and in unity why would you post some bullshit like this? Besides, it hardly proves anything. James would have taken an enormous paycut in exceptional circumstances should this come up and the move was hardly predictable. Suddenly people are ignorant because they didn't believe we could sign a player who was previously on 40k a week? Grow up you ****.

No matey, some of us know a bit more than others. Point is don't slag those people off for posting things on this forum for 'ffs'- to use the term in your original posting.

Guest Hot Rod

would be a fantastic signing!!!!!!!!!!!! still in shock about being linked to him let alone close according to sky sports!!