IGNORED

New Players

Desso

Guest xlBristolCitylx

Good to hear from Geoff Twentyman tonight that he had been told from a reliable source that players are coming. He didn't say who but it has to be a striker and defender I guess.

And in steve L's interview on player he stated a few anouncements will be made next week!

Also in millen's interview after the 1-1 draw he say's another anouncement should be made monday as to who the new assistant manager will be!

Exciting times. :englandsmile4wf:

Flapper can still do a job!

Just to clear up though I mean Matty Phillips the lefty from Wycombe

Pretty sure he is right footed but can play on the left. We already got Albert and jcr. Makes little sence to me although he does seem to be highly rated.

Pretty sure he is right footed but can play on the left. We already got Albert and jcr. Makes little sence to me although he does seem to be highly rated.

Just think Kitson and Phillips are the 2 linked the most recently and if we are close logic would dictate it is these 2.

Just think Kitson and Phillips are the 2 linked the most recently and if we are close logic would dictate it is these 2.

Kenwyn Jones being injured, and Beattie sold to the mighty 'Gers may mean that Putrid has to hang onto Kitson a bit longer than he would like. Factor in that Jone's replacement as sub at Wolves, 'Sidibe' was so bad that he too was subbed, and it could be that Kitson gets a Stoke repieve............................................

Phillips is one a good crop of young lads coming through at L1 & L2 level. I'd happily sign him and 3 or 4 other young uns to really build for our future.

Dave S.hitson on the other hand I have never rated, he's on his way down, too old and not hungry any more. Some of the games I've seen him play over the last couple of seasons really makes me wonder how he made it beyond League 1 level. We'd do better to save splashing gawd knows how much on a fee and/or wages for this ginger lump and spend the flumps on some good, prospective young un's (some of whom have been mentioned on here by numerous posters i.e. Phillips, Pitman, Harley,Dawson etc).

Secure the future I say, don't waste money on has-beens or never was-beens.

Phillips is one a good crop of young lads coming through at L1 & L2 level. I'd happily sign him and 3 or 4 other young uns to really build for our future.

Dave S.hitson on the other hand I have never rated, he's on his way down, too old and not hungry any more. Some of the games I've seen him play over the last couple of seasons really makes me wonder how he made it beyond League 1 level. We'd do better to save splashing gawd knows how much on a fee and/or wages for this ginger lump and spend the flumps on some good, prospective young un's (some of whom have been mentioned on here by numerous posters i.e. Phillips, Pitman, Harley,Dawson etc).

Good shout Harry!, There's a winger, a striker, a creative midfielder and a defender for an estrimated, combined £2M upfront with add-ons. If we end up paying the add-ons, it will have proved that they were worth the money!!! Possibly off-loading some of our young 'uns on loan as part of those deals to get valuable league experience, ala Marlon at Aldershot last season.

It's like Fergie/Wenger shopping vs Mancini shopping, getting in the young lads vs paying over the odds for someone who might still have it at this level but would cost a bomb!!

Good post I have to agree. I am desperate to see us sign two or three quality players but not sure if kitson is a good shout given his age, his form over the last 2 years and probable cost. Ishmail miller and andy keogh would be my targets although both are probably well out of reach. Pittmann is a good shout and what about Austin, Mcail smith or Marcus tudgay. Something tells me two strikers will be signed next week.also would like to see Harley back here. He really seems like he has knuckled down and is starting to fulfil his potential. Think we should be on the phone to a certain gj an be setting something up involving Boyd for players plus cash(I know we are a little thin at the moment but when all are fit plus the couple we are going to sign we seem to have a larger squad than last year.

• Admin

On the subject of new signings, hopefully we can keep in touch with the top half until January as my source tells me we're likely to be bringing in last season's Championship top scorer, Nicky Maynard, around this time! He's not even gonna cost us a fee :D

I actually believe that the only people itk are the perspective players, SL, KM, CS and the players agents.

You could be right mate, I'm just passing on what I've been told. I can see why you think it's bull, 'cus there's an awful lot on this site! I'm not 100% on this, so like you I won't completely believe it until it's on this OS. Just thought you all might like to know what I've heard :)

You could be right mate, I'm just passing on what I've been told. I can see why you think it's bull, 'cus there's an awful lot on this site! I'm not 100% on this, so like you I won't completely believe it until it's on this OS. Just thought you all might like to know what I've heard :)

I appreciate what you are saying bud, but with all due respect what you have said regarding new signings is very vague, of course I wouldn't expect you to splurt out names on an open board for obvious reasons, feel free to pm me if you like, if not not worries I can wait.

No way not Rowan Vine please!!! Lines dont know mcuh about it but cant see it Rovers fans i know say he is average! Tyson is the only one out of the 3 that intrests me!

Tyson

Harley

Phillips

Would do me!

So that would be two wingers and a forward. The first position we have to sort out is LEFT BACK.

Guest BerkeleyRed

I actually believe that the only people itk are the perspective players, SL, KM, CS and the players agents.

That's correct, the players are not normally aware of anything until a new player arrives

When Stewart joined didn't he say that he'd been talking with JCR about coming here? It is possible that some of the players would know who was coming, or at least what position, if they themselves or other players knew the incoming player.

It's obvious that we are trying to sign some new players, anyone could come on here and say right, I know so

and so and he said we are going to sign 3 players before the window shuts, unless you name that specific player them it's just another made up rumour without any true substance.

For example: my mrs brother plays for City and he told me last night we will sign at least 2 players before Septembe, remember you heard it here first.

Guest diesel

It's obvious that we are trying to sign some new players, anyone could come on here and say right, I know so

and so and he said we are going to sign 3 players before the window shuts, unless you name that specific player them it's just another made up rumour without any true substance.

For example: my mrs brother plays for City and he told me last night we will sign at least 2 players before Septembe, remember you heard it here first.

Bulls***. I bet she aint even got a brother.

England U21, so I'd say that makes him better than Adamoah, and will give JCR a run for his money, so I'd say yeah

Archived