IGNORED

Bubble Games

Guest eastendloyal

Guest eastendloyal

Apologies if this has already been posted, Does anybody know if they are happening this season for Cardiff or Leeds games, or after the sucess of Swansea last season are we continuing with the relaxed bubble?

Thanks

What about Millwall?

Are there any legal types on this forum? The bubble might be against our human rights. Don't we have the right to 'freedom of movement'?

Maybe the supporters trust can look into it?

What about Millwall?

Are there any legal types on this forum? The bubble might be against our human rights. Don't we have the right to 'freedom of movement'?

Maybe the supporters trust can look into it?

For Bubble games I suspect they get around the Freedom of Movement issue by making travel by supporters coach a Term and condition of buying the match ticket. Therefore you agree to be bussed in when buying

What about Millwall?

There are never any bubble games for London derbies as travel is so easy around the capital; i.e. Fulham v Chelsea just walk down the Kings Road so running coaches is impractical.

meanwhile for us mere provincials living in the sticks, traveling restrictions are easy to impose.

Conversely, if you want to watch Chelsea away in Europe, you cannot make your own way there. To buy a match ticket you MUST also book up to their travel and accommodation arrangements.

There are never any bubble games for London derbies as travel is so easy around the capital; i.e. Fulham v Chelsea just walk down the Kings Road so running coaches is impractical.

meanwhile for us mere provincials living in the sticks, traveling restrictions are easy to impose.

Conversely, if you want to watch Chelsea away in Europe, you cannot make your own way there. To buy a match ticket you MUST also book up to their travel and accommodation arrangements.

The crazy thing is, hooligans never go to games. They just show up before & after the match to cause trouble. So the bubble is futile.

Can't believe Chelsea! Is that for money making reasons?

If City ever got into europe (potentially the season after next) and they acted like Chelsea, i'd make my own way and buy tickets from a tout. Those games are rarely sold out anyway.

The crazy thing is, hooligans never go to games. They just show up before & after the match to cause trouble. So the bubble is futile.

If City ever got into europe (potentially the season after next) and they acted like Chelsea, i'd make my own way and buy tickets from a tout. Those games are rarely sold out anyway.

Hooligans do go to games mate.

There are a minority that don't and I don't include those that are subject to banning orders either.

Hooligans do go to games mate.

There are a minority that don't and I don't include those that are subject to banning orders either.

My mistake. I know a few from school and they never attend due to being on the dole, but they still manage to make a nuisance of themselves.

The point of the bubble is if your caught outside it the police can arrest you if you don't have a very good reason for being in the area, this was the case for swansea and cardiff away that if your a city fan drinking in that area on match days they can arrest you for being outside the bubble , so any lads not going to games and seen would be nicked.

I've heard rumours Swansea away will again be a bubble, which is crazy as its a wednesday night and Leeds is only 3 days after, so we really won't take that many, I believe SW Police just see it as an easy nights work and no one can overturn there decision on bubbling it despite last season's sucesses of a troubless fixture at Ashton Gate.

We'll see

Can we get back on topic?

Anyone know if the Cardiff game is a "bubble match"? Pain in the ass, if it is - especially for fans like me who have a fair way to travel in to Bristol. Dead easy train ride, from here in BoA, though...

And ...an even bigger pain in the ass, these hooligans, necessitating the "bubble", in the first place.

Just behave, why doncha?!!!

I have heard that the bubble will be lifted but tickets will be available to pick up from one or two designated service stations on the outskirts of Cardiff.

This will effectively stop people travelling via the rail network and lessen the chance of disorder in the town centre.

So I assume this will be the same procedure for the Wednesday night fixture in Swansea as this will be policed by the same force?

So I assume this will be the same procedure for the Wednesday night fixture in Swansea as this will be policed by the same force?

No, you're wrong on your reasoning for your assumption, the South Wales Police has a chief superintendent for Cardiff and another one for Swansea, each are responsible for the policing in their areas and deploy different tactics for policing football matches. Sometimes they are the same but that is due to two coppers coming to the same conclusion for a specific match.

No, you're wrong on your reasoning for your assumption, the South Wales Police has a chief superintendent for Cardiff and another one for Swansea, each are responsible for the policing in their areas and deploy different tactics for policing football matches. Sometimes they are the same but that is due to two coppers coming to the same conclusion for a specific match.

apologies, lets just wait and see........

I met with the Swansea Chief Super last year and he said he would try if possible to make the Swansea match bubble free and then the Supporters trust managed to get all parties around the table - perhaps they have something to say about this, perhaps they are awaiting for good news - who knows? The Cardiff Superintendent made it clear he wasn't going to answer questions about his policing methods unlike the Swansea one who gave me 2 hours of his time.

I live and work over here and until the matches are free to travel to and from then they will still be boycotted by myself.

Guest RedTilDead

Football fans have no rights!!!

Apparently we waive all rights by having the audacity to follow a football team. We are hooligans and should be treated like livestock. That would appear to be the approach taken by the police anyhow.

Archived