IGNORED

Is Relegation A Real Threat?

demet78

i know its only a few games in but judging on our home performances so far if it carries on like that city could find themselves fighting at the wrong end of the league! just wondered what people think?

In one simple three letter word - YES. Now on the morning after after a good nights sleep (when normally the anger and disappointment has evaporated) its still there as bad as it was at about 9.30 last night.

They were clueless, leader less and a shambles (Stead and Adomah not withstanding). We are in trouble BIG STYLE.

Guest greyfriars red

It's going to be a tough season, a huge battle is ahead to keep our spot in this league. Our squad is not a bad one, I can't work out why we arnt getting results. I'd give Millen till the end of the month. SL will have some

tough decissions to make over the few weeks.

The problem is that we have a new squad and they are taking time to gel, in the first 2 seasons in the Championship we had a squad that had been together for quite a few seasons and knew each others game.

It does seem though, that we have lost that fighting spirit that used to get us through games, we are not a team at the moment.

BCAGFC

i know its only a few games in but judging on our home performances so far if it carries on like that city could find themselves fighting at the wrong end of the league! just wondered what people think?

Clearly there is a big big problem.

players do not look interested,players do not have the passion,one thing clearly shows,millen after a short spell does not have it in his locker to sort this big mess out.

Relegation under the current system is a huge possibility.

The problem is that we have a new squad and they are taking time to gel, in the first 2 seasons in the Championship we had a squad that had been together for quite a few seasons and knew each others game.

It does seem though, that we have lost that fighting spirit that used to get us through games, we are not a team at the moment.

BCAGFC

the trouble is even after 6 league games they don't look in the remotest like they're beginning to gel - every game the defence in particular look like they've only just met!

Guest cider mad

If we keep playing like last night then we will struggle this season, but i believe we have a good enough squad to see off the danger of being relegated, they jus need to gel, quickly!

KM will sort us out i'm sure of it!!

Oh, undoubtedly on current evidence.

I suppose the comforting thing is that Portsmouth are still in disarray, Darren Ferguson is continuing his work with Preston that he did with Peterboroug last year and Derby have 1 point from 5 games following their opening day win.

As it stands therefore, there do seem to be 3 more likely candidates for the drop!

Very much so....

Once down in the lower regions of any division then it is a fight and poor results keep you down there

Just take the last two games for example..........we won and only just pulled outside bottom three.....we then lose and slip back in the mire....this is how it goes for teams who dont sort it out and quick...

We will soon be a the point where we need to win several on the spin to get clear and then keep picking up the draws etc.....avoiding losing runs or we will be right back down there.....and from what I have seen so far we are not capable of a winning run

Relegation is a major worry, even at this stage. We currently have less points than the number of games played. Obviously if that continues we'll be very relegated! We need to start winning soon and winning well. If after say 10 games we have 10 points or less and a minus goal difference then it wont look good at all. That would mean in the next 10 games we'd have to average 20 points. To stay up we need to average 12-15 points for every 10 games so we need to improve otherwise we'll be playing catch up.

Very much so....

Once down in the lower regions of any division then it is a fight and poor results keep you down there

Just take the last two games for example..........we won and only just pulled outside bottom three.....we then lose and slip back in the mire....this is how it goes for teams who dont sort it out and quick...

We will soon be a the point where we need to win several on the spin to get clear and then keep picking up the draws etc.....avoiding losing runs or we will be right back down there.....and from what I have seen so far we are not capable of a winning run

Be careful fella you are posting far too many intelligant posts, agree though, the start of the season is so crucial, the points you pick up in august/september allow you a few slip ups come march/april, if however you fail to get many then every point becomes vital from christmas onwards, do you remember our last relegation battle in the 98/99 season, we fell into the bottom 3 in october, and although we played well in games, we lost the ability to win games, mainly picking up points through draws, then over the easter holidays in 99 we won 3 games back to back, but teams around us won aswell therefore we never gained any ground and all hope was gone.

In short once you are down there, it's a long way back, mind you I think we could be in good company this year, Sheff Utd,Derby,Pompey all look to me like they will struggle, PNE also, so wins against these teams(Palarse also) will be crucial, I always think a club like will inevitably flirt with relegation from time-to-time so we have to be realistic and be ready when it comes, and this season I think will be the one where we have to scrap for everything

Thats nonsense as well you need 53 points to avoid religation last season was a very tight season and 49 would have still seen you clear of the bottom 3, lets take 11.5 points from each chunk of 10 and 1.15 points from the last six to garentee saftey.

If you average 12-15 points that puts you very safely in the top half with 1.35 points per game and 62 points :)

I dont think anyone disagrees with the fact that we need to sort out of defense but talk of religation is very very very premature.

If KM gets 6 points from the next 4 and then imporved the form a little were not in a religation fight or nowhere near!

OK maybe I wasnt to accurate on the points but what I was getting at is we need to start averaging more points per game than we are now. The worrying thing is that we are not at this moment and we are playing so poorly that it doesn't look like it will improve anytime soon, hence all this relegation talk! Basically I was trying to say that if our form continues in the next few games then it means somewhere along the line we are going to need a good run of 6 or 7 on the bounce to get out and clear! I know its very premature but I hate seeing us down here anytime of the season, here's hoping for a 4-0 win saturday so then we can work out how many points we'll need to clinch the title! :farmer:

Do you belive that either Derby or Preston will get religated? Nor do I, will put money on that infact and were doing better than them with all our upheaval.

I said at the start of the season derby and preston would struggle actually and i think preston, especially, will.

Can we be relegated?.. i doubt it, but anything is possible. Can we get promoted?.. yes, with KM?... not sure, verdict will take a while.

I said at the start of the season derby and preston would struggle actually and i think preston, especially, will.

Can we be relegated?.. i doubt it, but anything is possible. Can we get promoted?.. yes, with KM?... not sure, verdict will take a while.

Agree with this. Derby likely to struggle with Nigel Clough going from Conference to Championship with zero in between. Ferguson Jr was in charge at Peterborough last year now at Preston and the latter finished poorly last year.

Guest Hunter Bites Your Legs

Think we have been spoilt a bit over the last few years and some have taken the championship for granted. We are a very average team at mo and with the promoted teams such as Norwich, Leeds, Millwall looking strong and unfancied teams such as Donny, S****horpe, Barnsley winning matches it becomes tougher to stay up. I fear a bottom 6 finish this year, just hope were not bottom three. Its gone a be a long hard season so tighten those belts and get ready for a bumpy ride!!!

Hello.Its only six games but we are in the wrong end of the leauge. Thought we shell beat Watford, was totally wrong. A table never lies so offcause I am worried now. The feeling is we got to beat Coventry on saturday, and I think will do. Stead and Pittman there firsst goals? However Hartley is missing thougt that G Williams should take his place. As I see it we need a playmaker in the midfield who can deliver. Play Johnsson on saturday. The defence has to be better. Against Scunny, clean shet lets make the sme trick vs Coventry. Maybe D Haynes plays on saturday, one of the fastest player in the leauge. I think we got capasity in the squad so we can look uppwards.

Archived