IGNORED

Dressing Room Banter

Guest Buckethead

Guest Buckethead

My cousin is in the first team and he told me when David James first arrived they pinched his car keys and filled his motor up with fruit & veg as an initiation joke. But he was not amused so they all chipped in to get his car valeted. He's a bit unpopular with the lads at the moment because he only trains when he feels like it (about one session per week), and never gets involved with any banter in the dressing room. Just keeps himself to himself most of the time.

He also said after the Watford game, Ivan Sproule came back to the dressing room crapping himself because at the end of the game he ran over to the Dolman stand and started clapping the fans in an ironic fashion (i.e. wayne rooney world cup) and made a few naughty hand gestures, and he thought an angry mob of fans would be waiting for him outside the players entrance. Now it's become a bit of a running joke inside the dressing room and they all keep sending him text messages and emails pretending to be from the 'we hate Ivan Sproule club' haha. Sounds like they definitely have a good atmosphere going in the dressing room.

I asked my cousin if it's ok for me to post the stories he tells me on OTIB, and he said it's fine as long as I ask his permission and he gets to check each time before i post.

By the way, almost every first team player comes on this forum to read what you all say about them so be nice!

Guest Rich i e

My cousin is in the first team and he told me when David James first arrived they pinched his car keys and filled his motor up with fruit & veg as an initiation joke. But he was not amused so they all chipped in to get his car valeted. He's a bit unpopular with the lads at the moment because he only trains when he feels like it (about one session per week), and never gets involved with any banter in the dressing room. Just keeps himself to himself most of the time.

He also said after the Watford game, Ivan Sproule came back to the dressing room crapping himself because at the end of the game he ran over to the Dolman stand and started clapping the fans in an ironic fashion (i.e. wayne rooney world cup) and made a few naughty hand gestures, and he thought an angry mob of fans would be waiting for him outside the players entrance. Now it's become a bit of a running joke inside the dressing room and they all keep sending him text messages and emails pretending to be from the 'we hate Ivan Sproule club' haha. Sounds like they definitely have a good atmosphere going in the dressing room.

I asked my cousin if it's ok for me to post the stories he tells me on OTIB, and he said it's fine as long as I ask his permission and he gets to check each time before i post.

By the way, almost every first team player comes on this forum to read what you all say about them so be nice!

Keep up the good work Damian.:dancing2:

I would suggest they are unpopular and not DJ because of how sh*t most of them are, and from what I have seen it seems to me that the other players need the training and not our No1.

Guest Parson St Station

And your cousin is who.......

I smell BS of the highest order.

Guest Buckethead

I've been a City fan all my life and held a season ticket since before he made his debut. I curently sit in Dolman C block.

I saw him last night at a family dinner - that's when he told me all that stuff i posted today.

I am only allowed to post light hearted info on the internet. He will stop telling me things if I go overboard.

I used to play alot of football as well. I work in an office at the moment but i want to get a licence to become a football agent. I've got a better footballing brain than my cousin, i basically tell him what to do on the pitch and I tell him what he did right/wrong after games.

If anybody out there wants to work in football but is too old/too rubbish to play or coach.....become an agent! They are the most powerful people at any football club in the modern game. Sad but true.

I've been a City fan all my life and held a season ticket since before he made his debut. I curently sit in Dolman C block.

I saw him last night at a family dinner - that's when he told me all that stuff i posted today.

I am only allowed to post light hearted info on the internet. He will stop telling me things if I go overboard.

I used to play alot of football as well. I work in an office at the moment but i want to get a licence to become a football agent. I've got a better footballing brain than my cousin, i basically tell him what to do on the pitch and I tell him what he did right/wrong after games.

If anybody out there wants to work in football but is too old/too rubbish to play or coach.....become an agent! They are the most powerful people at any football club in the modern game. Sad but true.

is your cousin scottish and play left back?

Did anybody see Sprouley doing that? Seems highly unlikely to me and if true i would have thought he would be disciplined for it. Not exactly what a fan needs to see after such a dire performance unless they are all playing to get the gaffer out.

I am sure from what we have seen from DJ over the years suggests that his supposed detachment in the changing room is more to do with his professionalism and how he feels deeply frustrated at the start we have made only exacerbated by the apparent and completely polar view from many of his colleagues. There is a lot of dead wood in our team, it seems, and unless KM sorts it out he will soon follow them out of AG.

If you have had a city s/t then I think your cousin is more than likely a local lad - Carey, skuse, Plummer????

Plummer was released at the end of last season.

Cant imagine Skuse or Carey go around telling tales. Witch leaves either option,

A) This is BS

B )Its one of the young local players (Ball? Lennox?)

C) You happen to be cousins with a non Bristolian who happened to sign for the club you support.

Did anybody see Sprouley doing that? Seems highly unlikely to me and if true i would have thought he would be disciplined for it. Not exactly what a fan needs to see after such a dire performance unless they are all playing to get the gaffer out.

I am sure from what we have seen from DJ over the years suggests that his supposed detachment in the changing room is more to do with his professionalism and how he feels deeply frustrated at the start we have made only exacerbated by the apparent and completely polar view from many of his colleagues. There is a lot of dead wood in our team, it seems, and unless KM sorts it out he will soon follow them out of AG.

He did, his gesture was something the English longbow men did to the French before the battle of Agincourt. But we've had worse, Robbie Pethick asking if City fans wanted a cup of Nescafe at the Minimal instantly (no pun intended) springs to mind. Ivan's a fiesty Northern Irish man, I've no prblem with it...just want to see more of the form he destroyed Swansea with.

He did, his gesture was something the English longbow men did to the French before the battle of Agincourt. But we've had worse, Robbie Pethick asking if City fans wanted a cup of Nescafe at the Minimal instantly (no pun intended) springs to mind. Ivan's a fiesty Northern Irish man, I've no prblem with it...just want to see more of the form he destroyed Swansea with.

OH the longbow gesture.. yes seen him do that before. no real issues with that one, even after a defeat.

Guest SydneyTom

I'm not scrutinising the OP's validity here but I find it very curious that his 'cousin' would be that stupid to slag off another player, agree to let him dispense the information on a public forum, but insist on vetting each post.

Some footballers are that thick. I was talking to Craig Disley in a bar a few years ago and he was loudly (and drunkenly) slagging off Paul Trollope. I've also seen Stern John use some pretty explicit terms to describe Gary Johnson.

Anyhow, I've met David James a few times. I'm not claiming to be his best friend, but I worked a stint at the FA comms department and had a couple of opportunities to talk to him. He's a genuinely nice guy and I'd put money on it that he wouldn't be divisive in a City dressing room.

I have no reason or motive to lie. I'm a Rovers fan who enjoys reading the alternative perspective of Bristol football on this forum - and I'm inclined occasionally to chip in.

Archived