IGNORED

Google Maps - Ashton Vale

Ryskip

I have just been looking on Google at the satalite images of the Ashton Vale site and other green spaces in the local area. I know this is only a snap shot in time (I'mguessing it was taken on a Saturday afternoon as City are playing) but from what I can see the so 'called village/town green' does not have one single person on it.

There are people playing tennis at David Lloyd, picnicing at Aston Court, Victoria Park and about every other green space seem to have visitors yet the village green seems empty? Why is this on such a nice day? There are plenty of cars in the adjacent streets, which suggests there are people around just not on the Village Green?!

Does this seem strange to anyone else?

Guest 100200300dear

Probably because all the local residents have all just made up they use it because they are selfish and can't see the bigger picture.

Just checked on google earth myself and in the historical photo section it shows that was still rubbish being dumped there in Dec 1999 and there is no distictive well worn path until 2003. So gooing by the photos hardly anyone must have walked across the field when it was a tip or they must have hovered across.

just googled ashton vale and found there website in which I found this blog

ILLAGE GREEN by ASHTON VALE HERITAGE GROUP - written 24/04/2010 22:58:40

The date for the Village Green Application has been set and Ashton Vale Residents are being asked to attend the meeting at The Council House, commencing Monday 17th May at 9.30am. The application hearing is set to last up to two weeks and so residents are being encouraged to come as often as possible to show support and to hear what is being said.

If you would like to attend and need help please contact us and we will arrange transport for you.

If you or a member of your family or a friend have used the fields regularly for a variety of reasons at any time in the last twenty years or longer then you can still make a statement which can be included in the application. Its not too late.

Please remember that the objectors are saying no one uses the field, we all know that is absolute rubbish, there were seven people over the fields between 7am and 8am this morning and at least ten children playing in the fields this evening, compare that to The Marsh at the same time and there were more people using the fields. Unless you write how you use the fields they will continue to say we don't use them.

We are always struck by the number of people we meet in the fields who say there is no point to trying to save the fields because the Council always get what they want and that they have no interest in the people in Ashton Vale. We know that the people in Ashton Vale feel let down but you can still make a difference, please try and contact us.

Surely not sad enough to sit there and count gasmask.gif

Probably because all the local residents have all just made up they use it because they are selfish and can't see the bigger picture.

Yes, but to be fair you can't expect local residents to care about the bigger picture with regards to Bristol. I imagine most people there would rather have a field (of any description) in their back garden than a football stadium.

Archived