IGNORED

Village Green Petition - Now Over 30,000

Dollymarie

Celebrity endorsement would be a real plus - I know Tony Robinson often attends matches - might he pose for a photo signing the petition? How many celebs, former players, current prem stars/managers could the club get to sign and be photographed a gallery of such photos on the main site would be really good. The Ashton gate 8 would be a great start or indeed the 76 ers who really would have graced such a stadium....................

Celebrity endorsement would be a real plus - I know Tony Robinson often attends matches - might he pose for a photo signing the petition? How many celebs, former players, current prem stars/managers could the club get to sign and be photographed a gallery of such photos on the main site would be really good. The Ashton gate 8 would be a great start or indeed the 76 ers who really would have graced such a stadium....................

Great shout MD...

Is anything along the suggested lines planned?.... if not it'd be good if someone could get onto it...

* how about contacts in the music world? -ie: CS has booked bigname music acts for AG concerts - wonder if he's still got Elton Johns agents number?

Eltons about as big as celebrity names gets & he's a football fan & he's performed in Bristol twice in recent times -both outdoors due to lack of arena! - he might do a publicity signing (or he might have a tantrum! :) )

or Rod Stewart arena performer football fan (hmm I dunno though he's a Scot ..would he support an English World Cup ? maybe not)

GET SOME BIG NAMES SIGNING IN FRONT OF THE MEDIA CAMERAS - ITS THE WAY TO GO!!!

• Admin

There's a nice quote from a Kathryn Nelmes - a local resident - in a discussion on the Bristol wants a new stadium, not a village green facebook group: "I am not a fan of football so would rather a church,mosque or village green that no one uses than a eyesore."

I've replied to her saying: "it's pleasing to note that as a local resident you agree that no-one uses this "village green". If you could repeat this claim at next month's council meeting that would be most useful"

There's a nice quote from a Kathryn Nelmes - a local resident - in a discussion on the Bristol wants a new stadium, not a village green facebook group: "I am not a fan of football so would rather a church,mosque or village green that no one uses than a eyesore."

I've replied to her saying: "it's pleasing to note that as a local resident you agree that no-one uses this "village green". If you could repeat this claim at next month's council meeting that would be most useful"

Nice spot

The fight is on....

In Support of Ashton Vale Village Green 15 vs 8818 Bristol wants a new stadium not a "village green"

A tale of TWO petitions... This is NO TIME FOR COMPLACENCY!!

WE the People of Bristol & friends have a loads of support + 8000... BUT the swampies have an 'inspectors report' backing their 15 current signatures

Come On U Reds!!!

:city:

Technically more than 10,000 have now signed this petition due to the paper signatures that aren't added when you take the total from the online figures. :D

Hi Dolly,

Do you know if the Club, ST, or anyone with 'celeb' contacts are hoping/planning to get some media photo-op's of any high profile petition signatories in favour of our proposal? ... It could help the cause no-end as mentioned previously in this thread. ...

Hi Dolly,

Do you know if the Club, ST, or anyone with 'celeb' contacts are hoping/planning to get some media photo-op's of any high profile petition signatories in favour of our proposal? ... It could help the cause no-end as mentioned previously in this thread. ...

Some more stuff planned with hopefuly the next piece of promotion out shortly from the fans.:cool2:

I see Steve Comer Lib councilor for Eastville has signed the petition for the village green, He supports the gas, capt gas on his facebook friends..

Does it actually say Steve comer Lib councillor by his signature though? if not a. can not prove it's him and b. surely more than one Steve Comer somewhere or just someone trying to put dirt on him.

One of the problems is going to be that if the PROWG committee cannot decide whether to accept/dismiss the TVG recommendation then it will goto a full council vote. Any councillor who has publicly said they are in favour of the Stadium or TVG will likely not be able/allowed to vote. I suspect that we will find all the Stadium support vote wise vanish whereas the Green/in favour of TVG who have kept silent will win through the vote.

I am starting to have serious worries, at the end of the day the petitions whilst nice mean very little - is there a legal ground to deny the TVG recommendation - I am starting to think there may not be.

Great shout MD...

Is anything along the suggested lines planned?.... if not it'd be good if someone could get onto it...

* how about contacts in the music world? -ie: CS has booked bigname music acts for AG concerts - wonder if he's still got Elton Johns agents number?

Eltons about as big as celebrity names gets & he's a football fan & he's performed in Bristol twice in recent times -both outdoors due to lack of arena! - he might do a publicity signing (or he might have a tantrum! :) )

or Rod Stewart arena performer football fan (hmm I dunno though he's a Scot ..would he support an English World Cup ? maybe not)

GET SOME BIG NAMES SIGNING IN FRONT OF THE MEDIA CAMERAS - ITS THE WAY TO GO!!!

Thanks WH being so far away want to gte involved somehow so glad you feel its a good idea. have tweeted john Cleese twice but who knows how many such messages he gest or whether he really looks at it - big name celebs would help David Beckham? given his ambassador role of 2018?

• Admin

Can we get someone from our trust explaining to the rovers fans that are signing their petition that its in the intrests of both teams with have a new stadium. There seem to be a lot of south glostershire/eastvile people posting in support of them.

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/92120-town-green-will-destroy-reputation-of-bristol/

:doh:

tch, its such a shame these people cant see the wood for the trees, completely miss the bigger picture & either through ignorance or sheer malice would prefer to cut off their noses to spite their faces rather than back something that will benefit all of them and their families in the long run. On the other foot if they were in our position now, I'd forget the possible benefits to a 'rival' football club, I'd be looking at what the development as a whole would mean to the entire city of Bristol, BCFC although major players in the scheme are or will be by no means the only significant developers of this site - and for the 'greens' if this goes ahead the wildlife & birds will be hugely better off with careful management of their sanctuary...

Come on Gas get yer heads out of yer backsides & think about it a bit more before automatically just seeing Red & turning green with envy... its aint all about BCFC ... its a great opportunity for Bristol to at last have a music venue befitting a city of our size, the arena is long overdue.. oppose the scheme & EVERYBODY LOSES .. inc the Birds, Bee's & the rest of Bristol -that means Gas heads as well as us. :grr:

Guest Brislingwood Red

Some f*cking beaut has put my name on the petition supporting the village green as a joke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the hell do you get it removed ?????????????

Guest Ark at ee

The more I read about all this the more I feel that the Country needs a "Department of common sense". Where things that are patently stupid can be thrown out without any further ado, and importantly no more expense.

It is also arguable that where people have started these applications purely for "vexatious" purposes that if their application is thrown out that they should face some financial penalty for all the time they have wasted.

Perhaps we should have a simple Vulcan rule drawn directly from Star Trek - "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".

Oh dear god they are a sad bunch. Can someone get on there and remind them who it was who raised the money for the graffiti to be removed, who helped send Jamie Cooper to the millennium, and whos been helping raise money for charity for years via fans football games.

Truth is they don't care about that.

They don't want anything good to happen in our city if it benefits us as well.

My mantra is to have absolutely nothing to do with them in any respect.

No fans games, what, "friendly" rivalry with a bunch who'll play ringers and kick you about? No thanks, nothing.

They won't help (Did they sign up to the World Cup stuff?), forget them, they are utterly pointless.

Noticed that a WALTER MITTY who was a fictional character in the James Thuber book "The Secret life Of Walter Mitty" has signed "In Support of Ashton Vale Village Green" Petition.

S'pose there might be a real WALTER MITTY around Bristol.

Trouble is, anyone with a few spare email addresses can add names to either Poll, just use a phone book to look up the details.

I once had a Internet Service Provider where you could have an infinite number of different email addresses.

Ive noticed that they have a few first name only / or dubious names on their huge petition of 153 names. Someone has put gashead as their surname, very inventive. Alot seem to be in south gloucs, hillfields etc not suprisingly.

Looks like they have set up a link on their forum to drum up some more signitures!! C****!!!

Ive noticed that they have a few first name only / or dubious names on their huge petition of 153 names. Someone has put gashead as their surname, very inventive. Alot seem to be in south gloucs, hillfields etc not suprisingly.

Looks like they have set up a link on their forum to drum up some more signitures!! C****!!!

This is why online petitions aren't really worth the paper they are written on (well you know what I mean anyway).

Same with the VG/TG hearing, you could basically say anything and there would be no consequences for lying/making things up.

BCAGFC

The sag forum and their alternative forum are telling fans to support the village green. Luckily on football forums we have a poster who works for Bristol city Council and the fact that the sags are doing this has been duly reported.

What a bunch of small minded people, it reminds me of when I was 10, if I / we can't have it then nobody can.

Good luck tonight boys!!

The sag forum and their alternative forum are telling fans to support the village green. Luckily on football forums we have a poster who works for Bristol city Council and the fact that the sags are doing this has been duly reported.

What a bunch of small minded people, it reminds me of when I was 10, if I / we can't have it then nobody can.

Good luck tonight boys!!

As I have said they will not laugh when they realise that the Horfield Residents Association have been in contact with the Ashton Vale Assoc for advice on TVG. Bearing in mind you just need to prove, access - check, 20 years - check. Seeing as a piece of tarmac, a building, a path, a car park and just about anything you can imagine have had TVG approval in the past. Will be nice to see how much Rovers ground is worth on their balance sheet when it can never be expanded, built on, improved :dancing6: as they say, be careful for what you wish for.

If FIFA use the Ashton Vale situation to hold the Cup elsewhere, they'll probably turn round and announce the 2018 World Cup will not be staged in England due to "potential lack of support" not just the village green committee, but all Bristolians would be villified.

30,000? Never happen. Not hit 10k yet. Sad.

Dolly said she had loads of written signatures to put on there the other day.

Plus I think they (the club) want the 30,000 to be made up of not just the petition, but the facebook page also.

Guest Blondie-Red

Oh dear god they are a sad bunch. Can someone get on there and remind them who it was who raised the money for the graffiti to be removed, who helped send Jamie Cooper to the millennium, and whos been helping raise money for charity for years via fans football games.

Not all of them are, I have know Rovers fans who have signed the petition. On my petition I have signatures from Ipswich, Plymouth, ManU, Swindon Town, Liverpool, Bath City fans who live locally and think we deserve a stadium. I havent spoken to anyone that is against it, I will be so disappointed if it doesnt get built!

Us...............Them

9514 ..... vs .... 433

:fingerscrossed:

:fingerscrossed:we should break the 10,000 online petition barrier sometime soon!

:city:

Under 400 to go for 10,000 ... then just another 207 to be the biggest e-petition on the council's website ever!

Keep those e-sigs coming!