IGNORED

Village Green Petition - Now Over 30,000

Dollymarie

Some railway line.

Yep (well a bus route), it was this in 2008:

"We, the undersigned, petition Bristol City Council to reject plans to install a rapid transit bus route along any section of the Bristol to Bath Railway Path "Greenway" and wildlife corridor. The Bristol to Bath Railway Path is the most popular route in the UK on the National Cycle Network with 2.4 million sustainable journeys in the last year."

Ours is now the biggest ever and apart from that railway path one, no other e-petition appears to have ever got above the 2,408 names registered by Rich's 'Say Yes to Tesco' one last year. So the numbers are pretty impressive.

... but we can always do with more!!

TenTwoSeventySeven10,277,TenTwoSeventySeven10,277,TenTwoSeventySeven 10,277,TenTwoSeventySeven10,277,TenTwoSeventySeven10,277,TenTwoSeventySeven 10,277,TenTwoSeventySeven10,277,TenTwoSeventySeven10,277,TenTwoSeventySeven 10,277,TenTwoSeventySeven10,277,TenTwoSeventySeven10,277,TenTwoSeventySeven 10,277,TenTwoSeventySeven10,277,TenTwoSeventySeven10,277,TenTwoSeventySeven 10,277,TenTwoSeventySeven10,277,TenTwoSeventySeven10,277,TenTwoSeventySeven 10,277,

:city:

Guest Bounce Around the Ground

I just shared the link to the petition on facebook, linking it to a bunch of friends who are football fans. The petition has an awesome amount of support so farchant6ez.gif

I picked up 355 more signatures this afternoon which will have to be officially added to the total at some point. Most of which were from local businesses who had collected signatures around their offices. Massive thanks to all of them. And also some people from Taunton who sent in several pages today as well.

Guest Fireman Sam

City say they want 30,000 signatures to take to the next meeting.

They say they have got 18,000.

I have got lots from my village.

Why don't they pay a small fee to fans who get 100 signatures in their own time.

That is nothing to pay really, with what they would get.

And before you say they should do it for nothing (Like me)

Have they or you done it yourself?

Just download from BCFC site, and send them or take them in.

COME ON CITY or CITY FANS. :fingerscrossed:

City say they want 30,000 signatures to take to the next meeting.

They say they have got 18,000.

I have got lots from my village.

Why don't they pay a small fee to fans who get 100 signatures in their own time.

That is nothing to pay really, with what they would get.

And before you say they should do it for nothing (Like me)

Have they or you done it yourself?

Just download from BCFC site, and send them or take them in.

COME ON CITY or CITY FANS. :fingerscrossed:

I can see where you're coming from but Isn't there an issue with people receiving payment for signatures? There is too much scope for abusing the system which would then detract from the legitimacy of the whole exercise

Guest Fireman Sam

Anyone know when the petition forms need to be in ? I've been getting signatures but don't know when the deadline is

I think you have until early Nov, around 7th Nov I think

Dolly Mari would know (Sorry if I have spelt it wrong)

Hopefully she will come on this post, to let everyone know.

I wouldn't think it was a problem to give people expenses payment to collect signatures?

Some people have no internet or access to the petition.

You'll probably find the other side have paid some kind of expenses?

COME ON LETS GET OUT THERE!!!!! :fingerscrossed:

The link to the PDF for blank petition forms is at the top of the main page of the forum.

Get the pages of finished ones sent to the address on the bottom. Those abroad collecting signatures can email me a scanned in copy and I can print them out this end. Marie@bristolcityst.org.uk

The link to the PDF for blank petition forms is at the top of the main page of the forum.

Get the pages of finished ones sent to the address on the bottom. Those abroad collecting signatures can email me a scanned in copy and I can print them out this end. Marie@bristolcityst.org.uk

Excelente Marie, I'll pigeon hole your message and send it out tomorrow. My Reuters buddy should be able to help; he covered the world cup in SA so should have a few contacts and some rather decent ones at that!

I tried to get Alan Hansen to sign it but all he could come out with was 'absolutely fantastic' to every question. argh well, can't get em all!!

Guest Fireman Sam

In Support of Ashton Vale Village Green 806

Bristol wants a new stadium not a "village green" 18134

opposition support up 10 today / stadium support up 28 today.

Support the Stadium - A City United - In it Together

City still want to get to 30,000

Come on City fans

While you are at the pub shopping even working, down load a form or make your own and collect signatures to make sure we show these selfish village idiots that we all want a new world class stadium and a beautiful adjoining park for the dog walking and leisurely walks and picnics.

• Admin

Out here I meant...mods by the way... There is no editor function on mobile site... Not for me anyway.

Is there a cog shaped symbol on the same bar that your username appears on when you have posted or is that just an admin thing?

If there is, this is a drop down menu that contains the edit function.

:)

Is there a cog shaped symbol on the same bar that your username appears on when you have posted or is that just an admin thing?If there is, this is a drop down menu that contains the edit function.:)

Edit: missed the key word "mobile".

Edit does appear on the menu under the cog for me on the mobile site.

I guess it's time limited much like the normal skin.

Unless havanatopia means the in browser editor used to post?

Edited by Nibor

On an a vaguely related side note...

Wasn't it Brucie in the Generation Game that you're thinking of? But I think it was originally 'Scores on the board!' - not doors.

"Scores on the doors" came from well known Rugby League hard man, Larry Grayson, who took over TGG from Brucie.

One of Brucie's assistant was Rosemary Ford, and then Brucie used the catchphrase " what's on the board, Miss Ford"

A mine of useless information, me, but hey ho, what a gay day!

"Scores on the doors" came from well known Rugby League hard man, Larry Grayson, who took over TGG from Brucie.

One of Brucie's assistant was Rosemary Ford, and then Brucie used the catchphrase " what's on the board, Miss Ford"

..shut that door , on yer way out! :)

Bizarre.

Some 14+ years ago I had a pressy little Irish art teacher called Miss Ford who was never designed in the first place to control ahem, 'spirited' boys who were never too fussed in the first place whether they did indeed learn art or not.

The prime disciplinary problem area revolved around a cracking character of a lad but a mischievous lump called Sean Considine, (God love that boy! he had a big heart, as well..) Anyhoo - one of his classic class sabotarges involved yelling: ''who's on the board - Miss Ford!''.;.. to raptures of laughter all round and an increasingly pissed off little Irish bird, trying to teach us art.

Up until now I never knew there was anything behind that other than his own sense of rhyme an imagination (not that I ever thought about it at all..come to that) It's funny what the brain retains, eh?