IGNORED

If It All Goes Tu

redad

Just a thought, but if the AV residents get their way and the council cant find a way around the village green application, does anybody think an alternative site outside of Bristol would considered?? e.g. the old Rolls Royce site at Filton is ideally placed for a Stadium, with good road and rail links. I know this example is not the best place for a club whos heartland and majority of supporters in South Bristol, but if it is imperitive we move to a new stadium maybe appropriate land, ideally brownfield sites away from Bristols ruling control could be considered? I'm not sure what SL can do with the land at Ashton Vale if the worst does happen, but I'm guessing he is working ona plan B to shift it.

If it came to it, I wonder what the cost would be to acquire the land where dreams and Wickes (or whatever it is called these days) would be - I wonder who owns it, probably an investment companies property fund? Ashton Gate is currently on an "island" of land, which includes the hirerite building (now unused), the old car dealer shop (was unused until a couple of months ago), possibly the old mercedes building (demolished), an office, and the factory with the tall blue building as well as Dreams, and the DIY shop with its car park space. The size of this land together with the current stadium must be comparable to Ashton Vale? There must be plenty of alternative places for Dreams and the Wickes shop to move to around the south of Bristol. I also figure that with the size of that land, the new stadium could be built whilst the old stadium is still in place, so we wouldnt have to move somewhere else while it goes up. Everything has its price, I wonder what the cost of that land would be?

From the Sites Assessment of the planning application for Ashton Vale...

"Local agents (King Sturge and WGH) advise that the cost of assembling the Wicks/Dreams units, the various properties to the north west under fragmented ownership and South Bristol Retail Park would be in the region of £25m. These estimates include the funds required to buy out tenants out of their prospective leases, subject to agreement being reached. If however agreement cannot be met, acquisition through the CPO process could be protracted. Overall, the agents conclude that it is clearly uneconomic to buy up land surrounding Ashton Gate and redevelop the existing stadium site, with insufficient land to deliver an extensive solution."

From the Sites Assessment of the planning application for Ashton Vale...

"Local agents (King Sturge and WGH) advise that the cost of assembling the Wicks/Dreams units, the various properties to the north west under fragmented ownership and South Bristol Retail Park would be in the region of £25m. These estimates include the funds required to buy out tenants out of their prospective leases, subject to agreement being reached. If however agreement cannot be met, acquisition through the CPO process could be protracted. Overall, the agents conclude that it is clearly uneconomic to buy up land surrounding Ashton Gate and redevelop the existing stadium site, with insufficient land to deliver an extensive solution."

cool, thanks. I guess that is an estimated cost for all of the properties, I wonder what the cost would be just for Dreams and Wickes, plus the hirerite building for example? The South Bristol Retail park is the new development where Halfords and PC world is which I wouldnt say we would need (although it would be nice)? If all that land is in the region of 25 million, including the newly built shops which would have been fairly expensive to build only recently, the value of the Dreams and Wickes must be considerably less - perhaps 5 million? I wonder how much land is actually on that one site?

Obviously the Ashton Vale land is larger, but I wonder how much of that will actually be used for the stadium plus parking. There must be significant parts which will be path ways and will need to be landscaped, which would in effect be spare land?

There is also the Duckmoor Road industrial estate, but it would be on the wrong side of the site to be able to do much with I would have thought?

No intention as coming across as bieng negative, was just wondering of there was a plan B, C or D.

As I have read on here and elsewhere the council and football club have agreed that AV IS the only available suitable land to build a stadium, my point was would the club consider upping roots and moving elsewhere as other clubs have done. Perhaps the neighboring caouncils and populus may be more accomodationg to a new stadium??, The Rolls site, whilst perfect for such a development, was just an example. There are also pockets of land bewteen the M5 and M49 near Avonmouth if you look on google earth, with a railway line also running close, as I remember though a previous stadium application at Avonmouth was rejected due to possible chemical spills or something, not sure if that still applies?

Guest LongwellRed

I'd rather stay at the Gate.

yep me too if new stadium doesn't happen. Not sure what the limitations would be though and would guess SL might lose interest in any case..

Rolls royce site isn't in a great location for bcfc due to historical fan demographic etc.

However, close to major roads and stations and it could be a good way for the club to expand its fanbase as it would appeal to all of those to the north of the city. That's face it, rovers do not exactly have a massive fanbase for us to worry about.

Guest LongwellRed

Rolls royce site isn't in a great location for bcfc due to historical fan demographic etc.

However, close to major roads and stations and it could be a good way for the club to expand its fanbase as it would appeal to all of those to the north of the city. That's face it, rovers do not exactly have a massive fanbase for us to worry about.

whilst it pains me to say it, the sags also get 40,000 at Wembley ... and I hate to think any city fans would go just for the day out disapointed2se.gif

I'd rather stay at the Gate.

Same. **** it, expand the EE as planned in 05 and then do the Williams (which we already have planning perm for up untill 2014 i believe?).

I reckon with the EE and Williams done it would be getting on for 25/26 k which is plenty for us imo.

The questions just becomes ..."where is there a patch of land where we can prove noboby has walked their dog for 20 years".

I'm not aware anywhere exists. That's how fundamental this decision will be if it goes TU.

What I'd like to see (ultimately) is a Village Green submission where the Govt are planning to build a major trunk route/M-way. That will really test it.

Guest Exiled Hogg

if it gos tits up, knock down the gate completeley and move in with the gas or yoevil for a couple of seasons while the new ground gets built on the existin site wud be my ideal.

A few years ago, there were drawings of the redeveloped 2 tier Williams stand with a matching East end. Bearing in mind the Dolman would probably have to go in the not too distant future (time to get out, health and safety etc).

If three sides were eventually done as in the drawing , give the Atyeo to visiting fans and we would have a very nice stadium although wether the longed for corporate and conference facilities could be incorporated I don't know.

Has anyone still got the pictures perchance?

A few years ago, there were drawings of the redeveloped 2 tier Williams stand with a matching East end. Bearing in mind the Dolman would probably have to go in the not too distant future (time to get out, health and safety etc).

If three sides were eventually done as in the drawing , give the Atyeo to visiting fans and we would have a very nice stadium although wether the longed for corporate and conference facilities could be incorporated I don't know.

Has anyone still got the pictures perchance?

Rough images around at the time.

n581359934_1619072_966.jpg

bbcvu3.jpg

bbcvu3.jpg

I'd go with that image cider head. A properly redeveloped East End and two tier William's Stand could push the Ashton Gate capacity to 40,000 without having to do battle with the lawyer scum representing the Ashton Vale NIMBYs.

bbcvu3.jpg

Nice one CH but there was an image of a two tiered Williams and East end IIRC, The outside images look great but the EE pic isn't the one I was thinking of, maybe the one I am thinking of was earlier.

Archived