IGNORED

Letter From Mp

Guest KP8

I have had a leter back today from my local MP in Weston John Penrose as you can see it seams quite positive:

Thank you for writing to me about the planning inspector's recommendation to give village green status to the site earmarked for the new Bristol stadium. You're far from alone - there are plenty of Bristol City supporters living in the area who feel the same way, so i appreciate your concerns!

As i'm sure you're aware, individual planning applications are a matter for the local council (in this case Bristol City council) rater than parliament, so i have no official say in the matter. That said, i understand why you're worried and i'm delighted to read reports that the Council are currently reconsidering the issue. I've spoken to the club's managemant personally, and have agreed to take the issue up with Government Ministers on their behalf.

In the meantime, let's keep our fingers crossed!

John Penrose

MP for Weston-Super-Mare

I have had a leter back today from my local MP in Weston John Penrose as you can see it seams quite positive:

Thank you for writing to me about the planning inspector's recommendation to give village green status to the site earmarked for the new Bristol stadium. You're far from alone - there are plenty of Bristol City supporters living in the area who feel the same way, so i appreciate your concerns!

As i'm sure you're aware, individual planning applications are a matter for the local council (in this case Bristol City council) rater than parliament, so i have no official say in the matter. That said, i understand why you're worried and i'm delighted to read reports that the Council are currently reconsidering the issue. I've spoken to the club's managemant personally, and have agreed to take the issue up with Government Ministers on their behalf.

John Penrose

MP for Weston-Super-Mare

Sounds good, well done,. so Mr. Penrose has an opposing view to his fellow Conservative Liam Fox.

John Penrose

MP for Weston-Super-Mare

Had exactly the same letter House of Commons crest on the envelope must admit i'm glad John Penrose can see the importance of the Stadium and the benefits to Bristol and North Somerset, just hope the entire scheme gets the backing especially if a new arena can be built alongside what with the employment prospects it would be plain stupid to throw all this away..

John Penrose

MP for Weston-Super-Mare

think your self lucky , my mp couldnt be arsed to reply at all....... cant you tell there are no elections due eh ,,,,,,, still i as they say an elephant never forgets:preacher:

I sent all 5 of Nailseas councillors emails. I had one back which is posted on here somewhere from Anne Kemp who was fairly supportive. The other was from Jeremy Blatchford who trotted out the "I am in North Somerset therefore can't help with issues in Bristol" line. He also cc'ed all the others in, so I guess they felt he had done their bit for them.

I sent all 5 of Nailseas councillors emails. I had one back which is posted on here somewhere from Anne Kemp who was fairly supportive. The other was from Jeremy Blatchford who trotted out the "I am in North Somerset therefore can't help with issues in Bristol" line. He also cc'ed all the others in, so I guess they felt he had done their bit for them.

i cant wait for them to knock my door on the next local elections

To be fair John Penrose doe's try to push Weston-s-Mare forward would have got no support at all with some of the previous Weston Mp's , Jerry Wiggin opposed every expansion put forward by the then council owned Bristol airport . At least he can appreciate the wider scope and employment that a new stadium will bring to the West Country.

Archived