IGNORED

Back To Basics

craigBCFC

I have been to the last few games including Portsmouth on Tuesday and the game at home on saturday. I really think the team need to get the simple things back into their game. For example the pressure on the opposition when they have the ball. We are not the best defensively at the moment which is a understatement but we really need to start rushing the opposition into mistakes. There was so many times yesterday that hollighan had the ball and he would run 20 - 30 yards before he was even attempted to be tackled. Surely City must know that he is their most creative player and you would have thought its a must that you stop him before he even gets started. Give a foul away on the half way line, someone give him a kick, let him know he's in a game, I would love to see a few sliding tackles. It gets the fans onside!!! Really press the opposition and get them on the back foot. We seem so content on letting other teams play, right from the front we should really be pressing to the get the ball back. I would seriously consider looking into putting Johnson in midfield with Elliott and Skuse.

Play Adamoah and Rose wide and let them get at the full backs, but it should help us control the midfield more with either winger dropping back in to the midfield when we have lost the ball. Either Skuse or Johnson need to hold to give some protection to the back 4 and not if anything else break up play, a slightly with drawn role should give them a chance to assess the game and see where the danger is coming from. They need a desire to get themselves out of this, a fight and a spirt that couldn't ever be questioned under Gary Johnson.

I think if we really get in the faces of the other team it will get the fans onside if nothing else and by doing this we should hopefully start getting on the front foot. We need to make something happen as a club if that means we grind out 1 win and a draw in the next 2 or 3 games then fine, but its a start. The players in midfield and upfront can only really express themselves if there is a belief that the defence can hold out the opposition.

Lets face it this squad is probably on paper the best squad we have had ever down the Gate. Adamoah is a gem, Danny Rose, Caulker, James all premier league players. Contrary to what people think we are not shit we just need to set a foundation, go out and play with some purpose and a shape as a team, they need to stop hoping things will happen and make them happen, if we went out and really got after a team down the gate played some decent stuff and got a 1 - 0 there would never be a complaint. The dis-orginised unimaginative play on saturday can't continue, we need to see the fight we showed in the first season we got in the Championship which will hopefully unite the players and the fans again as I think we have lost the togetherness we had as a club under Johnson.

Archived