IGNORED

Colin Sextone On Otib Tonight

Martyn Hocking

I noticed Colin Sextone was on this forum tonight around 9pm - he was reading the 'Please Stand By Us' thread but hopefully browsed far enough beyond that to get a sense of the depth of feeling against Millen's appointment and the mess it has got us into.

Depressing to hear SL (if reported accurately) presenting himself as a chairman who sticks with a manager for the long haul on Five Live tonight. We will be playing League One football next term if he sticks with Millen until May, in my opinion. What price loyalty then???

I noticed Colin Sextone was on this forum tonight around 9pm - he was reading the 'Please Stand By Us' thread but hopefully browsed far enough beyond that to get a sense of the depth of feeling against Millen's appointment and the mess it has got us into.

Depressing to hear SL (if reported accurately) presenting himself as a chairman who sticks with a manager for the long haul on Five Live tonight. We will be playing League One football next term if he sticks with Millen until May, in my opinion. What price loyalty then???

I don't think it would be necessary for CS or SL to read this forum to be aware how bewildered and disappointed many fans are with KM's appointment.

They attend matches themselves and will have seen at first hand the muted atmosphere at AG and the general air of resigned depression amongst so many fans.

They will also have surveyed the empty seats and know exactly how many season ticket holders are not turning up at the moment, and the true numbers of our 'gates', and this must go a long way to telling them how dissatisfied many fans are.

I echo your last statement - we have seen nothing whatsoever to suggest BCFC will survive in this division if SL sticks with KM long term.

Martyn,

Interesting. How do you know this ? What's his displayname on here ? Don't think he has posted, but if you could advise his name on here, I would like to check his posting history

Now, im not a investigator or anything. But im guessing that its

ColinS who is under the group Club Officials.

... he was closely watching yesterdays 'petition' thread as we neared the 10,000 signature mark., his profile info has no details & indicates 0 posts.

(membership group lists 'ColinS' as 'club official' though as b'b'the robin says).

Colin has always browsed this site, for at least 10 years, its just at present we are not allowing guest viewing thus he has an account set up to view.

It's nothing new and I'm sure many others at the club read it as well.

IF Mr S does read this. I am very sorry Mr Sexstone, I didnt mean to cause any problems. Really I am a nice man..

Colin has always browsed this site, for at least 10 years, its just at present we are not allowing guest viewing thus he has an account set up to view.

It's nothing new and I'm sure many others at the club read it as well.

If you don't mind me asking, why have we reverted to only allowing signed up members to read the board?

Is it true that its due to the increaced terror risk in western europe?

It also seems to be near impossible for some long time 'guests', people who have been reading this board for years but never posted, to become members.

I have heard of 2 who have tried in the last couple of weeks with no success.

Yet the unusual influx of new members over the same period indicates it is straightforward for others to convert from guests to membership.

Very confusing.

If you don't mind me asking, why have we reverted to only allowing signed up members to read the board?

Is it true that its due to the increaced terror risk in western europe?

I do hope that is joke :laugh: Mainly because some idiots on here thought posting things like pictures of a snipper taking out an Ashton Vale resident would be a great idea. One that was then subsequently plastered all over the this is bristol site. We took the decision between the group of mod/admin that it might be wise to close it off guest viewing for a few weeks and let things calm down. We are nearing a time when we will probably reopen it again soon.

It also seems to be near impossible for some long time 'guests', people who have been reading this board for years but never posted, to become members.

I have heard of 2 who have tried in the last couple of weeks with no success.

Yet the unusual influx of new members over the same period indicates it is straightforward for others to convert from guests to membership.

Very confusing.

Confusing in the sense I have no idea what an earth you are talking about, I do love how normal members know about things that only admin or moderators would have any idea about. Maybe you could inlighten me because you seem to know more about whats going on here than I do.

If users have registered they first have to validate their email address. That is actually receive an email and click on the link. Once they have done that they must wait for admin to check everything over and then they will get a secondary email saying you are ok to post.

Now most of the emails we've had in the past week have been from two things:

They can't remember their password. This is in fact incorrect they can't remember their LOGIN NAME which is different to their DISPLAY name and that's been about 95% of the issues we've had.

The others have been trying to use hotmail or gmail accounts.. we block these to curtail spammers and duplicate users and have done so since 2002.

Guest redcliff red

I do hope that is joke :laugh: Mainly because some idiots on here thought posting things like pictures of a snipper taking out an Ashton Vale resident would be a great idea. One that was then subsequently plastered all over the this is bristol site. We took the decision between the group of mod/admin that it might be wise to close it off guest viewing for a few weeks and let things calm down. We are nearing a time when we will probably reopen it again soon.

Confusing in the sense I have no idea what an earth you are talking about, I do love how normal members know about things that only admin or moderators would have any idea about. Maybe you could inlighten me because you seem to know more about whats going on here than I do.

If users have registered they first have to validate their email address. That is actually receive an email and click on the link. Once they have done that they must wait for admin to check everything over and then they will get a secondary email saying you are ok to post.

Now most of the emails we've had in the past week have been from two things:

They can't remember their password. This is in fact incorrect they can't remember their LOGIN NAME which is different to their DISPLAY name and that's been about 95% of the issues we've had.

The others have been trying to use hotmail or gmail accounts.. we block these to curtail spammers and duplicate users and have done so since 2002.

That's what happened to me!

I was quite content to read the board without ever signing up (for about 2 years). And then one day....BOOOOOM! Daddy can't read his stories!

So then I sign up and get the confirmation email, and click the link to activate my account. But then I found that I was unable to view the board, let alone post comments e.t.c.

So I waited 3 days and still unable to do anything, so I started the whole process all over again. This time with success!

You won't be able to view until such point an admin has OK'd it.. you can login but you won't see anything.

We'll go back soon but it's been eye opening the last few weeks, not least some of the complete morons we've had trying to sign up.. banned users, multiple accounts, fake email addresses... I could go on.

Archived