IGNORED

Chopra Set To Play On Saturday!

Guest bcfcbryant

I'm sat here reading this and was just about to remove the idiotic comments, then I thought no , I'll leave them and hopefully people will agree that the game, the club and the forum can do without this.

I'm all for banter and like to scream and shout and get behind the team that I love, but with attitudes that some have we really haven't evolved in 20 or 30 years have we? Do we seriously wish the player on an opposing team, even if it is Cardiff, to have his legs broken by one of ours? I wouldn't want a player in my team who would do that intentionally.

'Grow up' is too well worn a phrase but sometimes it's the only thing that can be said.

all citys hate the bloke, and I wish it was me that hit him with the programme!

No they don't. And in any case, can anyone recall us winning 3-1 at Ninian Park and Scott Murray celebrating his goal by running down the touchline and doing the ayatollah? Funny how its ok when you're own players wind up the opposition fans, isn't it? Chopra is a good player who I would rather was in our squad than Cardiff's. If he's fit on Saturday, I hope he's on the bench, because he is always a handful.

Guest Ashton Kate

He's a ****** and I hope he is treated as such

A talented ****** but my god he knows it. Kick him hard in the first half he won't come out for the 2nd. Cry on the tele we saw you cry on the tele!!!

Guest Ashton Kate

:rofl2br::laugh: Awww bless, you can only dream of having players of Chopra's ability in your team. Maybe if your defenders focused on marking and tackling him, rather than breaking his legs, you might not concede the mighty 6 again. :shocking:

MARIO jog off back to own site mate and do us all a favour. I smell gassssssssss.

Guest Ashton Kate

I'm sat here reading this and was just about to remove the idiotic comments, then I thought no , I'll leave them and hopefully people will agree that the game, the club and the forum can do without this.

I'm all for banter and like to scream and shout and get behind the team that I love, but with attitudes that some have we really haven't evolved in 20 or 30 years have we? Do we seriously wish the player on an opposing team, even if it is Cardiff, to have his legs broken by one of ours? I wouldn't want a player in my team who would do that intentionally.

'Grow up' is too well worn a phrase but sometimes it's the only thing that can be said.

Of for gods sake its a saying. Good job you did not support City 40 years ago the cries form the Eastend was always go on break his legs....... we all say things in the heat of the moment and believe me I have said many.

:rofl2br::laugh: Awww bless, you can only dream of having players of Chopra's ability in your team. Maybe if your defenders focused on marking and tackling him, rather than breaking his legs, you might not concede the mighty 6 again. :shocking:

Chopra's clearly a quality player at this level, and he's one of those players that if he's your own you love him, but if he's the opposition you hate him for the obnoxious **** he is.

However the point you've made about us only dreaming of having players of his quality is rubbish. Nicky Maynard is twice the player Chopra is. Not only is he a lot younger than Chopra he also scored more goals for a team that would've created nowhere near the level of chances that your boys created last season. Maynard is a far superior finisher and if you look at his goals from last season, you will see that around half of them are screamers.

Well said mate. Sadly the majority of posters on here are keyboard heroes, content to perpetuate the myth that supporting your team equates to mindless violence both on and off the pitch. Makes me ashamed to be a City fan sometimes I must admit, i've only to recall the "banter" in "A" Block of the Dolman to take me back 25 years to the "good old days" of racism and hatred.

Chopra's clearly a quality player at this level, and he's one of those players that if he's your own you love him, but if he's the opposition you hate him for the obnoxious **** he is.

However the point you've made about us only dreaming of having players of his quality is rubbish. Nicky Maynard is twice the player Chopra is. Not only is he a lot younger than Chopra he also scored more goals for a team that would've created nowhere near the level of chances that your boys created last season. Maynard is a far superior finisher and if you look at his goals from last season, you will see that around half of them are screamers.

I think you should change your name to 'WellSaidPhil'. :chant6ez:

Of for gods sake its a saying. Good job you did not support City 40 years ago the cries form the Eastend was always go on break his legs....... we all say things in the heat of the moment and believe me I have said many.

How do you know that I didn't?

Maybe I interperated the tone of some of the comments differently than you, it didn't sound like banter to me.

At championship level:

Michael Chopra played 109, scored 48. A goal every 2.27 games.

Nicky Maynard played 80, scored 31. A goal every 2.58 games.

Not to mention Chopra has played at Premier League level, even though played on the right wing scored some vital goals to help keep Sunderland up.

It's irrelevant that "Chopra would've had more chances" and "Maynard's goals were screamers", the facts are there for you, Chopra is a better striker. :clapping:

No, he isn't.

...and he's not a tenth of the man Nicky Maynard is.

...but then he plays for your shower of shit, so he wouldn't be, would he?

...now **** off back under your stone.

****!

At championship level:

Not to mention Chopra has played at Premier League level, even though played on the right wing scored some vital goals to help keep Sunderland up.

It's irrelevant that "Chopra would've had more chances" and "Maynard's goals were screamers", the facts are there for you, Chopra is a better striker. :clapping:

That's one of the most stupid comments I've ever read. Think about it, it's much easier to score goals for Chelsea, than it is for Wigan. That's common sense. If you get several chances in a match and score say one, that is without doubt less impressive than taking the one chance that comes along. If we look at the amount of goals compared to goalscoring oppertunities last season, Maynard will be significantly higher percentage wise. Playing as a striker for a team that scores a lot of goals and creates a lot of chances is without question easier than scoring a lot of goals for a team that creates very little.

You're comment on him being the better striker is opinion, one that I happen to disagree with, but the comment referring to the amount of chances they have being irrelevant is just nonsense.

At championship level:

you also forgot to mention he flopped at Premier League level.....twice

Guest CardiffBlackLabel

Bellamy is only 50/50 to play against the bob bob bobbing robins apparently.

Not that he's injured per-se, but Dave Jones only wants to play him against either Bristol or Coventry away on tuesday, which is arguably the tougher game

Personally, I'd expect to see Bellers on the bench against the bobbing robins. If needed he can come on for the second half, if he's not needed then he doesn't need to come on.

Not that he's injured per-se, but Dave Jones only wants to play him against either Bristol or Coventry away on tuesday, which is arguably the tougher game

Personally, I'd expect to see Bellers on the bench against the bobbing robins. If needed he can come on for the second half, if he's not needed then he doesn't need to come on.

Just goes to show how much we've stepped backwards when Coventry is viewed as a tougher game than us. badmood.gif

Maynard is a good striker. Chopra blows hot and cold. When he is on form and confident I'd say he is the best in the Championship. But he will occasionally go long periods with few goals.

However, the most salient point of comparison must be that Chopra will probably play at some point on Saturday and Maynard won't.

To be fair Maynard tends to have goal droughts. But when he's on form, theres no stopping the boy.

His 20 goals came from a blistering start to last season, and a blistering end to last season. In all honesty the middle was pretty lean for 20 games or so.

post match:

"We need to defend better"

"To many individual mistakes"

"The referee was crap and robbed us"

And the classic:

"We can't rely on clean sheets"

Good luck boys. Make us proud and prove this doubter wrong!!

the stats we should be looking at is how many goals chopra scored last season to maynards? if i remember rightly maynard score about 5 more than him! this makes maynard better at the moment.

At the moment, Maynard isn't even playing. He's too busy recuperating after his bizarre skiing accident. Hope he doesn't wear out his fingers as well, with all that texting he's currently doing.

Guest Cityfan1899

the stats we should be looking at is how many goals chopra scored last season to maynards? if i remember rightly maynard score about 5 more than him! this makes maynard better at the moment.

If only everything worked that way, Whittingham is a better striker than Maynard too then?

Seeing as half your season ticket holders only bought them because of Bellamy, it seems a little unfair to these people not to play him in your home games. Will they be demanding their money back??

Hope it is true though - anything that swings the odds back in our favour a little is welcome in my book.

Archived