IGNORED

How Bad Was It

gordie

For those of you who made the effort to go today how good or bad was it, were there any real positives to be taken or was it all doom and gloom,

Posiitves, the team were up for it and came out firing, also Jon Stead who continues his decent form in difficult circumstances and lastly two well taken set piece goals. Unfortunately thats off-sett by allowing Cardiff far to much space in and around the 18 year box, being one dimensional with the ball i.e. long diagonal balls foward, more often than not aimlessly hit forward. Unable to retain possession and perhaps worst of all our defence being so one paced which worries me most of all as form in this case no longer comes into it, if the mind is willing but the body cant do it. Finaly getting to the ball second after the initial burst of energy and returning to same old performance that has plagued this start to the season.

Change is needed fast in my view.

Wolf I don't know what game you were watching but Adomah looked like he was still at League 2 level. Did shit-all all day as well as Rose on the other wing. I'm Macca's biggest critic but he was fairly ok today, best he's been all season. Stead was clearly the stand out, Caulker looked promising. Skuse and Marv were bossed which was a disappointment, and the biggest concern was we couldn't string 2 passes together. I saw us get well beaten under GJ but still be trying to pass the ball. Long ball all day long.

What worrys me most is that Millen had 2 weeks to set up the gameplan and prepare the team for this game, and from what I gather, defensively we were just as suspect as ever. If we can't shut up shop after taking the lead how will we ever pick up enough points to stay in this league.

I thought that Mccalister had a pretty decent game today compared to his other performances of late. Liam Fontaine won a fair few tackles and put his head in more than usual. Louis had a bit of a shocker at right back. Caulker put his head in where it counts too...yet we still conceded three goals. The referee made questionable decisions throughout in my opinion. Every time one of their players appealed for a freekick they seemed to get it, and they were very cynical about taking out our players every time we had a promising attack.

The atmosphere at the new Car*diff ground was pretty awful again just like last season. Nothing at all like the old Ninian park-obviously they're all happy to sit and enjoy their comfier seats and decent view. Other than loud singing after each goal, it was pretty easy for a few of our fans to completely outsing them.

David James made two or three decent saves but I couldn't help feeling he could have done a lot better for the first freekick, but without seeing it again I can't say that for certain. He was the only player out of the 11 who disappeared straight after the whistle...not that it's worth reading anything into that.

Stead again put in a really good shift. He's gonna prove to be a real astute signing and at least you know he's gonna put in the kind of commitment every game that we expect from a player wearing the red shirt.

Danny Haynes didn't really get a look in today. He had a few openings which he squandered. For each of these I couldn't help thinking what could have been if we had a fully fit Nicky Maynard playing.

Adomah unfortunately didn't really get in the game today and every time Rose got into a bit of space he tended to choose the wrong option and gifted the ball to the opposition.

Skuse tracked back and put in a few good tackles but him and Marv failed to really dominate central midfield. That pairing is unlikely to work and needs to be looked at. Can't see what Lee Johnson has done wrong this season-had a cracking game against Barnsley and hasn't really had a look in since, despite being our only real midfielder who can get the ball down and knock it around the midfield.

Not the worst performance but again we've come away with no points. I'm not too downbeat yet but come Friday it may be a different story. We're already two wins away from safety and really need to start putting some points on the board shortly before it really is too late. We always believe and all that....roll on Tuesday and let's hope the usual optimism and good, positive atmosphere doesn't evaporate into another home defeat.

Archived