IGNORED

Leeds Tickets

Guest toastienick

Guest toastienick

this loyalty points thing is annoying, just checked and i have 56 but some of my mates dont, now have to wait until next thurs to book

i know in this instance they wont sell out but its still annoying

this loyalty points thing is annoying, just checked and i have 56 but some of my mates dont, now have to wait until next thurs to book

I think it's a good system. It's not like it happens much, this is only the third time in the last 3 seasons as far as I can remember, Pompey in the Cup being the first followed by Newcastle last year. I'd imagine we'll sell out the initial allocation with ease.

I think you will find they will!!

I would get yours, then get the rest next week mate...

was planning on training it up but its like £60 return! ridiculous not paying that looks like a long drive ahead

swansea tickets went on sale only the other day and obviously leeds is the same week so i imagine they will be on sale by monday if not tuesday

Crazy prices.... meaning on the day they will be running near empty trains with a few £60 quid tickets sold.. whereas with some forward thinking(discounted tickets) they could be several hundred more passengers producing much greater profits.

Cant understand why all train companies running normal w/end services via/to/from football towns/citys dont attempt to cash in on guaranteed extra passengers/revenue (would help everyone, people travel for resonable cost - companies make more money - less road congestion, parking probs etc) .

Its stupid when the punters are there for them not to do everything possible to fill their trains - why go half empty when all them extra seats could be occupied with strategically discounted fares?...

BTW

The atmosphere/buzz/ created by travelling with fellow fans is so much better than sitting for mile after motorway mile isolated in a private car with only a couple of others & a radio for company.

In the last few decades the swing from travelling by coach/bus/train & on foot in favour of private cars for both home & away fixtures has for me detracted from the matchday experience's of yesteryear.

Remember marching on foot from the Centre & elsewhere to/from Ashton Gate, all along North Street or Coronation Road (sometimes chanting/singing) in large numbers of red/white wearing City fans?.. or the annual march's along Stapleton Road to the old Eastville ... they were great days. For the most part back then if you werent walking part of the way at least you were packied in tightly on buses having a laugh/moan together.. I think car routine travel has helped to sanitise the whole experience tbh.. OK its convenient (except for parking, jams & risk of vandalism) but it aint half as enjoyable as the shared experience of travelling with loads of others.

Or am I mistaken? .. maybe its just me??

I think it's a good system. It's not like it happens much, this is only the third time in the last 3 seasons as far as I can remember, Pompey in the Cup being the first followed by Newcastle last year. I'd imagine we'll sell out the initial allocation with ease.

What about fans though, that have been following city for 35+ years home and away. But now do not go to as many away games.

Its only giving loyalty to post play off final.

A "fan" could had got caught up in the whole were going to the prem rubbish, bought a season ticket as they thought they would be seeing rooney, renewed season ticket etc and go to a odd few away games.

Who is more loyal?

What about fans though, that have been following city for 35+ years home and away. But now do not go to as many away games.

A "fan" could had got caught up in the whole were going to the prem rubbish, bought a season ticket as they thought they would be seeing rooney, renewed season ticket etc and go to a odd few away games.

Who is more loyal?

Well they can hardly do it based on 40 years of attending can they? I see the point you're making but most of the people that bought a season ticket hoping we won the playoff final are harldy likely to be attending a lot of away games are they, if they even still have a season ticket. If it's based on how many away games you've attended in the last 1 or 2 seasons I'd say it's a decent system, as those that go away the most should have some sort of priority imo.

Guest toastienick

I think you will find they will!!

I would get yours, then get the rest next week mate...

but then ill be sat on my own, great aint it!

Who is more loyal?

What's your plan then?

I take it you can sit where you want in the away end at Leeds? Should be a good turnout, but on the city website it says the allocation is 1800 or so, and can be upped to 2000 if neccesary, someone on here said we could get 5000 if they gave us the whole away stand. I take it this is not possible?

I like the system but then I would as I have 57 points.

Will get my ticket tomorrow .

General sale not until 12pm the day before the match so they can't be expecting to many to be left.

If there are tickets left it does not give those people much time to get down and get tickets, the other problem is these fans cannot arrange any transport before they have bought a ticket, surely BCFC could move the windows of sale forward to give us a better chance of selling our initial allocation and recieving more tickets if needed and to maximise the support we can take to Leeds.

yours MR.

In my opinion the club deserve credit for introducing a reasonable prioritised system.

Obviously it is not perfect and some people may be hard done- but thinking back to the play- off final or Boro cup game

where it was just a free for all, barring season ticket holders that caused a lot of resentment.

Anyway good luck to everyone going to Leeds

Archived