IGNORED

Marvin Elliot

Guest cidercam

Guest cidercam

One of our biggest problems this season has been giving the ball away too easily and I'm afraid the biggest culprit time and again is Marv. I have just watched a re-run of QPR and he was at it again. Great defensively, breaks up the game well, good engine and a massive heart but his passing and control is consistently not good enough. Love him but I would give Cisse a run out now.

Guest CITYRED

cidercam, on 23 October 2010 - 04:25 PM, said:

One of our biggest problems this season has been giving the ball away too easily and I'm afraid the biggest culprit time and again is Marv. I have just watched a re-run of QPR and he was at it again. Great defensively, breaks up the game well, good engine and a massive heart but his passing and control is consistently not good enough. Love him but I would give Cisse a run out now.

Completley agree - great guy, runs all game and tries his hardest but attacking wise his distribution is not good enough and he gives the ball away far too often. Brilliant in defence however, but Cisses distrubution might be better.

Both sub appearances from Cisse this week has seen him do exactly the same thing. The whole point of this type of midfielder is to win the ball and retain possession. In recent games Skuse, Elliot and Cisse have been guilty of giving the ball away too cheaply.

They were all guilty of giving the ball away easily last night especially second half when we most needed a calming influence. Problem was there was no one in space anyway because apart from their keeper, everyone was in our half and our players were getting closed down quickly and so hurried their pass.

Archived