IGNORED

Help Ex-player With Planning Application ...

RedUn

Hello All Football Players and Supporters,

WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT

I am asking for your help in supporting a new development at Camberley Town Football Club that will provide facilities for the Community and YOUR CHILDREN for years to come.

My name is Darren Barnard. I am an exprofessional footballer who started out at Hawley Select (now Hawley Raiders) I played football for Wokingham Town and eventually became a professional at Chelsea, Bristol City, Barnsley and Aldershot, eventually finishing at Camberley Town where I am now the manager. I was fortunate enough to also play 24 times for Wales.

I have spoken to a lot of people at the local football clubs due to my involvement at Camberley Town and my commitments at Curley Park Rangers as manager of the Under 10's Raiders, and we all agree we are desperately lacking good facilities in and around the local area.

Throughout my career I have gone from park football to the international arena and I have always valued the support I was given at an early stage. My Dad, Geoff, spent hours practising with me to make me a better player. We were only able to do this because of the facilities available to us.

In Camberley and the surrounding areas there is a severe lack of full sized grass pitches, mini soccer pitches and floodlit pitches for training. At Camberley Town we plan to redevelop the existing site to create 5 new mini soccer pitches, a 3G artificial pitch and 10 commercial 5 a side pitches, as well as building a new pitch for the senior football team. The 5 aside and artificial pitch will be floodlit. We believe this development will enable ALL the local sides to keep enjoying the game we all love at some high quality facilities.

To see more about the plans and the development please go to our website www.camberleytownfc.co.uk and click on the map of the development.

I must stress this is for the Community benefit, it is not exclusive to Camberley Town Youth.

All the local teams will be able to use the facilities.

We do however, have some local residents who are not in favour of the scheme and are therefore opposing it.

This is why we NEED to voice our approval of the development and in order to do so we need YOU to register your details in support of the scheme. Go to www.isupportctfc.com and add your support. It only takes a minute to register, PLEASE help us to help the children, they are the Future and it will be a bright future for football in the local community if this development is given the go ahead.

WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT

Many Thanks for your time.

DARREN BARNARD

Please forward this email onto everyone, we need their support too.

WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT

I am asking for your help in supporting a new development at Camberley Town Football Club that will provide facilities for the Community and YOUR CHILDREN for years to come.

My name is Darren Barnard. I am an exprofessional footballer who started out at Hawley Select (now Hawley Raiders) I played football for Wokingham Town and eventually became a professional at Chelsea, Bristol City, Barnsley and Aldershot, eventually finishing at Camberley Town where I am now the manager. I was fortunate enough to also play 24 times for Wales.

I have spoken to a lot of people at the local football clubs due to my involvement at Camberley Town and my commitments at Curley Park Rangers as manager of the Under 10's Raiders, and we all agree we are desperately lacking good facilities in and around the local area.

Throughout my career I have gone from park football to the international arena and I have always valued the support I was given at an early stage. My Dad, Geoff, spent hours practising with me to make me a better player. We were only able to do this because of the facilities available to us.

In Camberley and the surrounding areas there is a severe lack of full sized grass pitches, mini soccer pitches and floodlit pitches for training. At Camberley Town we plan to redevelop the existing site to create 5 new mini soccer pitches, a 3G artificial pitch and 10 commercial 5 a side pitches, as well as building a new pitch for the senior football team. The 5 aside and artificial pitch will be floodlit. We believe this development will enable ALL the local sides to keep enjoying the game we all love at some high quality facilities.

To see more about the plans and the development please go to our website www.camberleytownfc.co.uk and click on the map of the development.

I must stress this is for the Community benefit, it is not exclusive to Camberley Town Youth.

We do however, have some local residents who are not in favour of the scheme and are therefore opposing it.

This is why we NEED to voice our approval of the development and in order to do so we need YOU to register your details in support of the scheme. Go to www.isupportctfc.com and add your support. It only takes a minute to register, PLEASE help us to help the children, they are the Future and it will be a bright future for football in the local community if this development is given the go ahead.

WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT

DARREN BARNARD

Done! Please sign ours too!

http://epetitions.bristol.gov.uk/epetition_core/view/stadium_not_green

Guest Bishops Finger

Darren was pure class in his time with us, can recall many a free kick he would plant in the top corner with those red boots he had! Definitely one of my favourite ever players, and contrary to popular opinion much better than mickey bell!

Guest bcfc_sandhurst

I live in Sandhurst which is next to Camberley and I can't stress how important this is to the local town.

Camberley as a small town has had lots of recent regeneration in recent times that benefits everybody locally - a brand new extension to the local shopping centre with cinema etc

I imagine that the same people that are opposing the clubs plans are among those that use these nice new facilities but yet again it is their NIMBY and rather selfish attitude that prohibits what could be very important for local children who wish to play and lean the game of football.

Irrespective of Darren's previous connection with Bristol City - I urge everyone to sign this as the club does a lot of great local community work that goes unnoticed and unpraised. This is what grass roots football is all about and if you have ever dreamt of your child playing football and being able to do it in a safe and friendly environment then I urge you to sign

I know Camberley fairly well - my Mrs's aunt lives in Frimley which is next door to it, and good luck to the football club. What this does highlight is the FA are paying capello 6 million a year, and that area has a massive lack of football facilities, why cant the money be distributed more sensibly?

Guest Ashton Kate

WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT

WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT

DARREN BARNARD

Done good luck Darren..........

WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT

<snippage>

Go to www.isupportctfc.com and add your support. It only takes a minute to register, PLEASE help us to help the children, they are the Future and it will be a bright future for football in the local community if this development is given the go ahead.

WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT

DARREN BARNARD

I'm told this could do with a few more expressions of support so if you've nothing better to do for 5 mins during the Festive break, go to it ...

Archived