IGNORED

Elliott/fontaine/johnson/mcallister

Economou

These four have played well over 100 league games each now, been part of the furniture for at least three seasons and are still playing a vital part in our current championship campaign yet are, I would say, generally unappreciated.

Congratulations to all four of them and hopefully they have a few years left with us. I think two or three of them may well end up as City legends in future.

In my opinion Johnson, Elliot and Fontaine have looked good this season, with Mccalister having a mixed bag. To me Johnson looks to have more confidence, and I feel that Gary leaving has helped him massively as he now feels he has less preside on him. This season we have seen glimpses of the old Marv, and he undoubtably places his best football alongside Lee. Also 3 goals is a good return so far. Fonts looks to have a good partnership with Caulker, and I hope he carries on improving as a defender. My only negative point on Fonts would be that he continues to lump the ball up from the back, a bit too often in my opinion. And as I said with Macca, some good games some bad.

Overall 4 great servants to the club, who as you said, don't get the plaudits they deserve.

Archived