IGNORED

Bristol City Players Now In High Defintion

Never to the dark side

Guest bernie from barrow gurney

Naturally a HD ready TV is required, also, I doubt the HD is free? It's not on Sky and can't imagine them giving it away on freeview? I'm guessing you'd need a HD freeview box to go with the HD ready TV?

It's is superb. I'll never cancel my Sky HD even though I do begrudge paying that Aussie tosser for it

Yes, if you buy a Freeview - HD box, its free.

Now, I went to see a 3D movie last weekend with my kids and in the trailers was promo for Sky 3D footy. I hate sky and the whole pay TV thing, but jeesus, 3D footy really is impressive.

Yes, if you buy a Freeview - HD box, its free.

Now, I went to see a 3D movie last weekend with my kids and in the trailers was promo for Sky 3D footy. I hate sky and the whole pay TV thing, but jeesus, 3D footy really is impressive.

That is exactly the same experience that I had, they showed wildlife documentary clip, but I wasn't interested in 3d tv until i saw a footie clip (and they showed rugby too). Absolutely amazing, just as like being there as you could get. I was very impressed, sadly not going to be on this years Xmas list though!

Went in sony shop at weekend and saw a 3d telly for a grand with a 3d blue ray player and 5 3d films. Didnt realise you could get em for a grand so i became interested. The debit card was twitching but obviously i wanted to try it. What a load of tripe. Watched a clip of football and american football and it wernt that great. Objects stand out slightly from the background thats it. Definition within those objects dont do anything different. So peoples faces dont look 3d just the outline if that makes sense. And people who say balls etc look like they are gonna hit you... nah it dont. A bird was stood next to me as well and she screeched and ducked but it just wasnt worthy of that reaction.

Anyway back to OP point. HD on freeview will be rubbish. BBC dont even pump out recomended bandwidth and receiving it via an arial thats 100 year old technology is not gonna be great.

Guest bcfc_sandhurst

For those who can't afford Sky,like me,and have to rely on a FREEVIEW box.

BBC1 will be transmitting in high definition from Wednesday 3rd October on channel 50.

It will be nice to see the city players in those red and white football shirts scoring a hat full of goals on the football league show on Saturday night.

NTTDS - do you mean the 3rd November fella?

Just because its on HD doesn't mean it's true HD just an upscaled version.

Sorry to disappoint you all but the Football League show will not be in HD. Ive had Sky HD since the start after paying £300 for the box many years ago. One thing you have to get use to early on is that even though you have a HD Channel it does not mean that the content is 100% HD. Take a look at Sky Sports HD, Channel 4H, ITV HD and not every show is in HD. The law says something about only needing 60-70% HD Content on a HD Channel. Another example is Eastenders, that will be on the BBC 1 HD channel from tomorrow, but in SD, the first HD broadcast is on Christmas Day. The BBC have only just equipped the EastEnder set with HD cameras and spent all of our money on one show...........

ITV and Channel 4 offer a simulcast channel which mirrors the Standard Definition. Only some shows are in HD, ITV HD is also regional so Ill watch that and get Central news for example and have to change back to ITV Standard Def to watch local news.

The football league show will probably be one of the last programs ever to be offered in HD. I doubt if the studio is equiped with HD Cameras, Ashton Gate does not have HD cameras, nor do the grouns they visit. Sky Sports may move in for a broadcast but the rights will be for Sky, not the BBC.

The BBC HD channel shows some programmes in HD from mid afternoon of a mixture of shows, kids, docs and entertainment. BBC 1 HD will be a simulcast of BBC1 so youll get Through the Wall, Come Dancing etc on a Saturday evening in HD, then youll see the picture go back to SD for the news, Match of te Day (for the same reason as the football league show) an the Football League show will be SD.

If you want pure 24 hour HD content, youll be looking at pay channels on Sky such as Movies, Discovery and Nat Geo. Freview HD is rubbish. Had to jump in here because its a hobby of mine and didnt want you to be disappointed Saturday night!

This ^^^

Certainly my experience with the 3D. Utter shite. It's rubbish at the cinema let alone on a 42inch screen in your front room

Certainly, my big issue with 3D is that it decides what your focusing on, if you try and look at something else then it really ***** with your eyes and makes me feel quite ill.

Not to mention that its nothing like being at a game because no one sees in 3D more than the front of a football stand anyway (about 30 feet), everything else is just your brain figuring stuff out from depth perception, which is why when a ball looks like it goes strait up in the air but comes down somewhere else and your a bit surprised its because your brain has interpreted where the ball is wrongly because it has no point of reference against the sky.

Guest bcfc BGC

Does everyone realise that you have to turn on the 3G glasses in the shops. Sometimes they are turned off and so you watch a distorted screen.

Guest bcfc_sandhurst

I've got to be honest I love 3D - but then that is because I do it for a living!

3D is changing and getting better and better as time goes on. All the stuff you are seeing now is about 2 years old - the stuff that is being developed at present will blow your socks when it becomes mainstream.

Archived