IGNORED

Coventry V Leeds

craigBCFC

I just seen on the Leeds forum that they are taking 6,200 fans to Coventry on saturday, apparently its going to be Coventry's biggest attendance for 2 years. Thats pretty impressive but I bet they won't be as loud as our 4.500 at Reading 2 season's ago!

Agree, that was some afternoon!!

Funny how quiet some of these 'big' clubs can be. Who can remember the Geordies singing at St James' Park???

I just seen on the Leeds forum that they are taking 6,200 fans to Coventry on saturday, apparently its going to be Coventry's biggest attendance for 2 years. Thats pretty impressive but I bet they won't be as loud as our 4.500 at Reading 2 season's ago!

crikey! I can remember a few years back playing them in a pre-season friendly and even for that they brought a 1,000 - fantastic support!

I'm not a big one for making arrogant assertions about my club's support - the only thing that really matters is the result, but since relegation to League One a sort of away seige mentality has set in. I believe that we've failed to sell out just two or three allocations in the past three and a half years, and that's with every ticket begged for from the home club.

I note you've been allocated about 700 tickets for Swansea. One of the games we didn't sell out was down there at Christmas a couple of years ago. We 'only' took 3,700 or so. Similarly for a midweek game at Oldham we 'only' took 4,100 out of a total allocation of 4,500.

We've taken 6,700 to Barnsley already this season, but that is local I guess.

And what makes this all the more remarkable is that we have to apply for away tickets in phases (the City away game application date is 15th November, but the match isn't until 12th February). Rather than bore you all any more just take a look at this 'War and Peace' as to how we can get our hands on a precious away ticket. The most notable thing is that you have to be a ST holder or Member (£35, kerching!). Our away tickets NEVER go on general sale. You can't walk up to the ticket office window and buy one. You don't know if you've got one until three weeks or so before a game making travel arrangements difficult.

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/AwayTickets/0,,10273,00.html

The reasoning behind this massive away following is unclear, but I suspect that Elland Road is so over-stewarded and sanitised (as you'll find out) that going away is far more fun.

I'm not a big one for making arrogant assertions about my club's support - the only thing that really matters is the result, but since relegation to League One a sort of away seige mentality has set in. I believe that we've failed to sell out just two or three allocations in the past three and a half years, and that's with every ticket begged for from the home club.

I note you've been allocated about 700 tickets for Swansea. One of the games we didn't sell out was down there at Christmas a couple of years ago. We 'only' took 3,700 or so. Similarly for a midweek game at Oldham we 'only' took 4,100 out of a total allocation of 4,500.

And what makes this all the more remarkable is that we have to apply for away tickets in phases (the City away game application date is 15th November, but the match isn't until 12th February). Rather than bore you all any more just take a look at this 'War and Peace' as to how we can get our hands on a precious away ticket. The most notable thing is that you have to be a ST holder or Member (£35, kerching!). Our away tickets NEVER go on general sale. You can't walk up to the ticket office window and buy one. You don't know if you've got one until three weeks or so before a game making travel arrangements difficult.

http://www.leedsunit...,,10273,00.html

The reasoning behind this massive away following is unclear, but I suspect that Elland Road is so over-stewarded and sanitised (as you'll find out) that going away is far more fun.

6700!!!! That is magnificent support SR1. Infact is is around 1100 more than Bristol Rovers get for a home match!!!!!:dancing6:

http://www.leedsunit...,,10273,00.html

I went to Yeovil v Leeds a couple of seasons ago and me and a friend managed to change our home end tickets for the away end, had to jump through plenty of hoops and there were at least 5 or 6 trying to do the same (dunno how they got on). I thought this was quite a bit of bother but doesn't sound anything like as bad as going through the official channels. But anyway I digress your support that day was good numbers wise but no way near as vociferous as I expected.

I've stood on that open terrace. Like Stockport it's hard to get heard with no roof.

It also depends which match it was. The police down there apparently can't cope with us so moved fixtures all around, from Friday evening to Monday.

Put simply a shedload of beer helps ;)

My great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandad who's been dead for 200 years used to tell me about when Leeds used to be a big club. Word has it they once went some distance - by horse and trap assumedly - in a big competition. I hear the fans still class themselves as unofficial champions of Europe on the back of this?

It is great to see a league one club like Leeds punching so well above their weight in the Championship. We needed a well supported club in this league. The novelty factor of playing so far up the football league pyramid is showing in the way their excited fans are turning up at that stadium called Elland Rd each week. A stadium they previously used to just drive past assuming it was some sort of warehouse, but good news travels fast. Leeds are back in the bigtime playing MASSIVE clubs like former top flight giants Bristol City. The enthusiasm showing as home tickets for this game fly off the shelves and it's all the Leeds faithful, and their new breed of supporters finding the club for the first time, can do to contain their excitement.

See you next week SR1. the banter will be epic even if the game is utter shit :D

To be fair we're just excited about playing a team that is even more hopeless than us.

Back at yer Matty :P

Ps: How many times have we been referred to as "Tinpot" so far on WACCOE, mate? :crying: Everytime I go on there it's Leeds v [insert tinpot club name]

Crazy really as football forums are full of intellectual sorts. You wont find a single daft comment on this forum for instance :rofl2br::dancing2:

Actually, from what I can gather, there is a certain degree of respect from the days of old. Not that I go on there much. Ahem.

I agree. Until you turned up this was most civilsed.

Archived