IGNORED

Millen Out!

Guest Kewy88

me, should have gone with gj, did not agree with his appointment and have seen nothing to change my mind

Oh good grief, here we go again.

We deserve relegation with some of fans mindsets.

He's only stating his answer!!! It has nothing to do with how loyal a supporter he is!!!! He could go to every game home and away and still be of the opinium that Millen never was the man to take us forward.

If he had a reasoned argument, yes. However, there are certain members on here who don't like Millen and have never given him a chance. Yet these same people are happy to criticise people like Robbored who did the same with Johnson. We all know Robbored was was wrong of course, as our subsequent promotion to the Championship and Prem promotion challenge proved, but anyone who won't give Millen a chance is clearly making the same mistake. Of course, longer term he may not turn out to be a success, but FFS give him a chance! As for being a supporter, it goes beyond watching games. Some people seem intent on criticising every player, every board decision, etc ... I'm no happy clapper myself and always question decisions from and information from those who run theclub, but some people are chronic moaners and it gets a bit boring after a while. If you don't enjoy watching City then **** off up the road to watch the ****s in blue and white.

Rant over. :ranting:

Same old brainless relpies when someone dares to say he is not happy with Millen go and support the Rovers.I would have thought that people who post on here with concerns of Millen's ability might be doing so because they are worried about our league position in the bottom three in mid November not because they want to support Bristol Rovers.As to the comments about whether Millen will be successful in time , I think time is something we have not got.

What I find strange is that KM glee club are so paranoid they feel the need to start threads like this and 2 other threads so far tonight and yet I haven't seen one thread stating he should go.

I would'nt worry boys Teflon Keith will be ok

for a while yet i'm sure.

this from someone who sulked because i said

(tongue in cheek) that GJ was waving his magic today when losing 4-0 at home to Charlton.

A person who cant handle us who support KM but is still in love with GJ !!!!

this from someone who sulked because i said

(tongue in cheek) that GJ was waving his magic today when losing 4-0 at home to Charlton.

A person who cant handle us who support KM but is still in love with GJ !!!!

There are a lot of mystic Megs tonight.

I support KM or any manager of BCFC always have always will. However I reserve the right to criticise when any manager makes errors and KM sometimes makes an easy target and some of you won't admit he has put a foot wrong either since he took over or even when he was assistant/coach. But I make the same challenge to you that you made to me find the evidence that I don't support KM. As for GJ I really don't like the thought of people talking about him in the sense that he achieved nothing for us, because that will be the challenge if KM dosen't turn things around and then we will really realise what he did achieve if we lose that.

Same old brainless relpies when someone dares to say he is not happy with Millen go and support the Rovers.I would have thought that people who post on here with concerns of Millen's ability might be doing so because they are worried about our league position in the bottom three in mid November not because they want to support Bristol Rovers.As to the comments about whether Millen will be successful in time , I think time is something we have not got.

I agree.

Some of us want Millen to go, others want him to stay.

Just because you'd prefer him to go, doesn't mean you're not City through and through.

Our loyalty is to the club but not to any particular individual (they will all leave eventually, but we, the fans, are here forever).

Oh good grief, here we go again.

We deserve relegation with some of fans mindsets.

Looking a distinct possibility though wouldn't you agree Tom, and au contraire but if it happens I'm not sure blaming 'fans mindsets' will be my initial reaction.

Guest toastienick

i went today, used to do 10-15 away games but cant afford it anymore, havent missed a home league game in 22 years (im 26 now) and i have to say i want millen out. am i a bad fan? any of u gone more than 22 years without missing a home league game?

i just dont think in the situation we are in (where relegation could cripple us financially) we should take a chance on a new boss, he could be the next sir alex, but he could also be the next tinnion, but at this stage we cant take a chance.

just my opinion.

If he had a reasoned argument, yes. However, there are certain members on here who don't like Millen and have never given him a chance. Yet these same people are happy to criticise people like Robbored who did the same with Johnson. We all know Robbored was was wrong of course, as our subsequent promotion to the Championship and Prem promotion challenge proved, but anyone who won't give Millen a chance is clearly making the same mistake. Of course, longer term he may not turn out to be a success, but FFS give him a chance! As for being a supporter, it goes beyond watching games. Some people seem intent on criticising every player, every board decision, etc ... I'm no happy clapper myself and always question decisions from and information from those who run theclub, but some people are chronic moaners and it gets a bit boring after a while. If you don't enjoy watching City then **** off up the road to watch the ****s in blue and white.

Thats all well and good, but its a forum for all to speak their views about the club they love.... Surely people dont have to be told to watch the see you next tuesdays in blue and white...

Im giving Millen a chance, but having said that, i still stick by my mind that an experianced manager would have been better. thats all!

I think you are missing the point; i think the vast majority of us are prepared to give Millen a chance. Kivsy is merely stating what a significant number of us, possibly a majority, said at the time.. that we were underwhelmed by the appointment. He is not, per se, having a go at Millen now just stating what his feelings were when job was confirmed.

One might also argue that we already knew what Millen was like since he has been at the club for 10 years. So its a bit much to have a go at someone who is stating an opinion, and a reasonably valid one at that, especially since KM is not exactly an unknown commodity.

All of that said, does it mean that Kivsy is not prepared to support BCFC now?.. i very much doubt it.

Some people want Millen to regardless of results, win or lose they don't like him or want him at the club.

A decision that with hindsight was wrong will be ripped apart by those people.......no doubt many of them hated Gary during the long run of losses we had years back.

Personally I find it's the same view of some with no view of long term and would happily get a new man in now and right off this season already. When personally I think there is still a lot to fight for with the play-offs not being a impossible goal this season

I think Millen has done okay considering the difficult situation he found himself in when Coppell left. The one thing, however, I do worry about is his lack of charisma. His interviews are dour, his comments are meaningless and he doesn't inspire any hope. If he is as uninspiring in the dressing room as he is in front of the camera then I think we are in trouble. Anyone who mangles the English language like he does is hardly able to communicate his message to the players in an effective way.

(His constant use of 'we was' instead of 'we were' is driving me to distraction!!!)

I think you are missing the point; i think the vast majority of us are prepared to give Millen a chance. Kivsy is merely stating what a significant number of us, possibly a majority, said at the time.. that we were underwhelmed by the appointment. He is not, per se, having a go at Millen now just stating what his feelings were when job was confirmed.

One might also argue that we already knew what Millen was like since he has been at the club for 10 years. So its a bit much to have a go at someone who is stating an opinion, and a reasonably valid one at that, especially since KM is not exactly an unknown commodity.

All of that said, does it mean that Kivsy is not prepared to support BCFC now?.. i very much doubt it.

I'm not missing the point. You claim that the vast majority are willing to give Millen a chance. My post was clearly aimed at those who in my own words 'have never given him a chance'. Kivsy was not just saying what his feelings were at the time. He also clearly stated '... and have seen nothing to change my mind'. So, wins away at Swansea and Middlesbrough didn't suggest that we are making progress? Our unbeaten run of 5 games didn't suggest signs of a potentially good manager? His excellent signings of Caulker and Rose (I would also include Pitman, but he will take time to adapt) do not seem to suggest that he is making some very good decisions? If you were not happy with Millen's appointment or don't think he is the man to take us forward (only time will tell), then fair enough, but at least have the b******s to admit when he does things right.

I am also not directing that post entirely in the direction of Kivsy, but others on the forum. Having responded to his post, I can see why it may have looked like that. I don't think Millen is immune to criticism, but it is helpful to suggest why you don't think he'll succeed, rather than just saying that you don't agree with the appointment. Whether his appointment was right or not, he is now our manager. What is gained by constantly harping back to SL's decision to appoint him? Would you suggest sacking him now and bringing the club back into turmoil? If not, then just get behind him and see what happens. You suggest Millen was not an unknown commodity. I think that is the exact reason SL decided to give him the job. It gave us stability, just when we needed it. His excellent run as caretaker manager at the end of last season also indicated that he may be a success if given the role full-time.

It is helpful to suggest why you don't think he'll succeed, rather than just saying that you don't agree with the appointment. Whether his appointment was right or not, he is now our manager. What is gained by constantly harping back to SL's decision to appoint him?

InCider - my problem at the time - and now - is that we ditched GJ because we didn't think he could get us into the Prem, only to replace him with a manager who has no track record of sustained success at any level of management. That was a massive, and - I felt (and still feel) unnecessary gamble. If we are prepared to spend £90m on a new ground, why weren't we prepared to spend a tiny fraction of that headhunting a quality manager when Copout legged it? Millen could easily have been appointed as caretaker for a few weeks while the deal was being done.

Instead, I believe Lansdown appointed Millen in a fit of pique at having been humiliated by the Coppell fiasco. Result? the worst start to a season in living memory.

I'm not missing the point. You claim that the vast majority are willing to give Millen a chance. My post was clearly aimed at those who in my own words 'have never given him a chance'. Kivsy was not just saying what his feelings were at the time. He also clearly stated '... and have seen nothing to change my mind'. So, wins away at Swansea and Middlesbrough didn't suggest that we are making progress? Our unbeaten run of 5 games didn't suggest signs of a potentially good manager? His excellent signings of Caulker and Rose (I would also include Pitman, but he will take time to adapt) do not seem to suggest that he is making some very good decisions? If you were not happy with Millen's appointment or don't think he is the man to take us forward (only time will tell), then fair enough, but at least have the b******s to admit when he does things right.

I am also not directing that post entirely in the direction of Kivsy, but others on the forum. Having responded to his post, I can see why it may have looked like that. I don't think Millen is immune to criticism, but it is helpful to suggest why you don't think he'll succeed, rather than just saying that you don't agree with the appointment. Whether his appointment was right or not, he is now our manager. What is gained by constantly harping back to SL's decision to appoint him? Would you suggest sacking him now and bringing the club back into turmoil? If not, then just get behind him and see what happens. You suggest Millen was not an unknown commodity. I think that is the exact reason SL decided to give him the job. It gave us stability, just when we needed it. His excellent run as caretaker manager at the end of last season also indicated that he may be a success if given the role full-time.

I have 2 problems, firstly 3 separate threads (like this one) were started last night with the same theme and not one calling for Millens head, that to me is paranoia and secondly I find it pathetic that it seems to be totally off limits to even criticise what is perceived as individual errors by Millen so far and also his get out of jail free card for the previous 2 years, if people really believe that Millen had little or no input under GJ what the hell was he being paid for?.

whether people want him to be manager or not dont you think this whole debate is just a tad boring now? he is the manager it would be pointless to bin him now and start the whole rebuilding process again with a new manager bringing in even more new players to add to the oversized squad that is already there! "KEEF IS OUR LEADER"

whether people want him to be manager or not dont you think this whole debate is just a tad boring now? he is the manager it would be pointless to bin him now and start the whole rebuilding process again with a new manager bringing in even more new players to add to the oversized squad that is already there! "KEEF IS OUR LEADER"

How boring will it be if we get relegated?

still just as boring! give the bloke a chance, when johnson took over how many games on the bounce did the city lose and didnt he turn it around?

Well - I must say I an BITTERLY dissappointed by this thread.

It's Sunday evening, it's dark, so I was cruising for a nice piece of ass, and 'came across' this thread.

Keith Millen out! It cries!

That will do me, I thought - but there seems to be a misunderstanding, and this is'nt a gay's only thread at all?

:blush:

'How embarrassing!'

I'll get me coat ......

still just as boring! give the bloke a chance, when johnson took over how many games on the bounce did the city lose and didnt he turn it around?

no comparsion really. GJ was a hugely experienced manager. No need to "give him a chance". Always had faith in him.

GJs first 17 games? Including all those defeats - 23 points if I'm not mistaken...

no comparsion really. GJ was a hugely experienced manager. No need to "give him a chance". Always had faith in him.

GJs first 17 games? Including all those defeats - 23 points if I'm not mistaken...

red badger....

Haven't I seen your name in the small ads in the Evening Post lonely hearts?

:handbags:

InCider - my problem at the time - and now - is that we ditched GJ because we didn't think he could get us into the Prem, only to replace him with a manager who has no track record of sustained success at any level of management. That was a massive, and - I felt (and still feel) unnecessary gamble. If we are prepared to spend £90m on a new ground, why weren't we prepared to spend a tiny fraction of that headhunting a quality manager when Copout legged it? Millen could easily have been appointed as caretaker for a few weeks while the deal was being done.

Instead, I believe Lansdown appointed Millen in a fit of pique at having been humiliated by the Coppell fiasco. Result? the worst start to a season in living memory.

We did not ditch GJ because he couldn't get us into the Prem. We were losing heavily at home 0-6 v Cardiff and 2-5 v Doncaster. We even lost to Plymouth FFS. I was as big a fan of Johnson as anyone, but he did lose the dressing room and we were in danger of relegation. You mention managers with no track record, but West Brom and Newcastle got promoted with inexperienced managers. You talk about spending more money on getting what you call a quality manager, but SL seems to be in the firing line because we are losing money. He is in a no win situation IMO. Do you honestly think that if Alex Ferguson or Mourinho were managers, that they could have undone this damage any quicker? The worst start to a season in living memory is down to Copout ******* up and leaving Millen with an unbalanced squad (GJ didn't exactly leave a balanced squad either). If you honestly believe that players like Hunt, Stewart and co were good signings, then I would suggest that you are wrong. Again though, I will state the same thing. Millen WAS chosen as our next manager. What's the point in harping on about that decision now? Do you think we should sack Millen at this point? If you think that would be the right decision, I would suggest that you are advocating a certain relegation.

Guest AngelsBCFC

ok lets just say at some point in the future Mr Millen did ever decided to step down and retire as Manager of Bristol City how about replacing him with ......... Chris Turner English former footballer Manager.He managed Leyton Orient, Hartlepool United on two occasions, Sheffield Wednesday and Stockport County he seems like the ideal candidate for the position but personally Jose Mourinho,Jamie Redknapp,David Beckham,Alan Shearer would do just fine as well as Managers

You mention managers with no track record, but West Brom and Newcastle got promoted with inexperienced managers. You talk about spending more money on getting what you call a quality manager, but SL seems to be in the firing line because we are losing money. He is in a no win situation IMO. Do you honestly think that if Alex Ferguson or Mourinho were managers, that they could have undone this damage any quicker?

Again though, I will state the same thing. Millen WAS chosen as our next manager. What's the point in harping on about that decision now? Do you think we should sack Millen at this point? If you think that would be the right decision, I would suggest that you are advocating a certain relegation.

TWo separate points here, so I will answer them separately:

1. Newcastle and West Brom both had squads packed with Premier League players (Newcastle's Championship squad last season contained players they had paid £40m for, even after shifting a few big names) so were favourites to win promotion anyway. That said, yes their inexperienced managers have done well.

However, I would suggest that someone like Chris Hughton has a wealth of playing and club experience that is far more impressive than Keith Millen - being a coach at Spurs/Newcastle and playing your whole career in the top flight is a rather different learning experience to the one Millen has gone through. The biggest club KM has ever been employed by is Watford/BCFC (take your pick which is the bigger!).

2. Yes, Millen was chosen as our next manager and I have nothing against him personally. My beef is with Steve Lansdown and the bizarre selection process he went through to appoint first Coppell (on the grounds that Millen didn't have enough experience to take the club forward to the Prem) and THEN Millen, five minutes after Coppell flounced out. Millen had no more experience second time around than he had in May so could not have been the right candidate in August if he was the wrong one in May.

If we were a lower league team I would be more inclined to say let's be patient, let's give a new guy a chance. But we all know how hard the Championship is, and we all know that Millen would not have been offered a manager's job at any other Championship club. He might keep us up BUT his appointment was a massive (and unnecessary) gamble - that is my point.

He won't get sacked while we are still in touch with the team 4th from bottom of the table, but he definitely would be if we were a long way adrift of safety in January.

2. Yes, Millen was chosen as our next manager and I have nothing against him personally. My beef is with Steve Lansdown and the bizarre selection process he went through to appoint first Coppell (on the grounds that Millen didn't have enough experience to take the club forward to the Prem) and THEN Millen, five minutes after Coppell flounced out. Millen had no more experience second time around than he had in May so could not have been the right candidate in August if he was the wrong one in May.

If we were a lower league team I would be more inclined to say let's be patient, let's give a new guy a chance. But we all know how hard the Championship is, and we all know that Millen would not have been offered a manager's job at any other Championship club. He might keep us up BUT his appointment was a massive (and unnecessary) gamble - that is my point.

He won't get sacked while we are still in touch with the team 4th from bottom of the table, but he definitely would be if we were a long way adrift of safety in January.

What was bizarre about the selection process for Coppell? Lansdown made his mind up who he wanted and went out to get him. I can't see anything bizarre about that. At the time everyone thought it was a first class appointment. Once Coppell has left (and I think to suggest he 'flounced out' is completely misrepresenting what happened) Lansdown knew he had to act quickly and the only possible course of action was to appoint Millen. Utter nonsense to suggest that if Millen was the right appointment in August, he was the wrong one two months later. The situation had changed, and to my mind Millen was absolutely the right appointment then - in fact the only appointment that could possibly have been made. The fact that he has limited experience of being number one is irrelevant. Every manager has to make the step up at some point, and Millen had substantial experience as a highly qualified coach and as an Assistant Manager over many years. In fact he had more experience than many managers have when they take on their first appointment.

I don't know that Millen would not have been offered a manager's job at any other championship club. There have been several appointments like Millen's in recent years, and he is a very respected coach. The suggestion that Millen's appointment is comparable to Tinnion's, or to Tony Fawthrop's, is, frankly, laughable.

We have just taken 11 points from our last six games, a fantastic return. Saturday's defeat doesn't alter the fact that Millen is turning this around, and with time I believe he will prove to be a very good manager. But having fans on his back all the time certainly won't help.

Cje - I didn't say Coppell's appointment was bizarre, I said Millen's was. If he wasn't the right man in May after his caretaker stint, he wasn't the right man in August either.

He should have done another caretaker

stint while we interviewed candidates.

I simply don't buy the idea that giving him a 3-year contract was our only option. Leicester dumped their manager after a few games, hired Sven and are now mid-table.

And before someone says 'I don't want an idiot like Sven here' compare his CV with Millen's....

Problem I have is the dire performances we're putting in full stop,

They are the worse I've seen from a city side and I do rate them worse from the heavy defeats to baadiff and Donnie last season,

We have no plan b, we concide early each half home and away there if no fluid movement to our game, we are leaderless both on and off the pitch,

I'm all for giving millen a chance but nothing has changed and at home we have the worse record in the football league and that is where the majority of fans make their mind up on a manager,

I said when he was appointed I'd give him until xmas and that hasn't change but if we don't start picking up home wins then millens postion become unatainable and he has to go,

We can not rely on away wins to keep us up

Archived