IGNORED

Hill

Guest Jack

Guest cidered153

All credit to Matty, Played with his heart on his sleeve and gave 100% as always and there is no reason why the Bristol lad should not be asked to fill this role again WELL DONE CITY! :clap::clap::D :Party27:

Yeah, interesting one this.

Matty seems really popular with the players, maybe that's why he was chosen. I have wondered why Tinns doesn't get it? Is it becase he is seen as pat of the management team now and not one of the lads?

Matty at centre of defence as well for most of the game his best position IMHO. :rolleyes::wacko:

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

After such a superb performance you gotta keep that team.

Matty Hil ldeserves to keep the captaincy for a few reasons.

He was proud to have it.

He took it as an honour to have it.

He enjoyed it and was gratefull to have it.

He was a great captain done the job superbly and led the team onto a superb victory.

The bloke has a lot of passion and that means a lot to me as a fan for a player to have so much passion.

There is only one man in my eyes that can rival him for the captancy and thats Tinman.

Well done Matty i hope you keep the arm band mate!

I think he tends to give it to the younger lads as opposed to Tins as the theory is that the responsibility will assist their development and instill a deeper element of maturity...unfortunately, you then get a headbutt from docs that blows a big raspberry at this theory!!! Tins is a natural captain on field anyway, and with someone else wearing the band, you've then essentially got two, which can't be a bad thing!

Guest cidergeorge
My only worry is that wilson will see this as a great win but will not realise that it was the players and matty hill as captain who won it for us wilson will(but hopefully not) go back to his old team and we will go back to drawing

:rolleyes::wacko:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Already reading that Burnell or Doc will take the armband on Saturday!!! Surely last Saturday's performance justifies leaving the squad as it is. The team has picked itself!

C'mon City

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken
I think he tends to give it to the younger lads as opposed to Tins as the theory is that the responsibility will assist their development and instill a deeper element of maturity...unfortunately, you then get a headbutt from docs that blows a big raspberry at this theory!!!  Tins is a natural captain on field anyway, and with someone else wearing the band, you've then essentially got two, which can't be a bad thing!

I never thought of this before and i think that you are most probaly right. Its not a bad idea when you think about it cause adding the responsibility of leadership to youngsters can only make them stronger and it should also make the player a better captain as he gains more experience of being one. So in 5 or 6 years time this player would be a absolutely fantastic captain.

Tins is the player who the younger captain looks to when he wants to gain experience on how to "do it".

I think Hill is the right man for the job, his passion for this club has prooved to be great and his determination always seems to be good. I also think it will help him develop more than it would any other player.

All in all great post and well thought of HZ25 :rolleyes:

Archived