IGNORED

How Good A Centre Half

glynriley

Kalifa Cisse .. I thought he was outstanding today. He made one mistake which let Keogh in but apart from that.......

i think anybody could look good playing with caulker but i agree, cisse was immense today, very calm performance as was the same with all our back line.

i think anybody could look good playing with caulker but i agree, cisse was immense today, very calm performance as was the same with all our back line.

Well apart from Stewart........

But agree, Cisse has been very good since slotting into defence, him and skuse have sure tightened it up back there and we looked fairly comfortable all things considering.

Still a case of the sooner Fonts, Carey and Macca are back the better, but I'm certinaley more confident defensively after the last 2 games, that said they could be ripped to bits on monday and then we are back to square one.

good defensivly but absalutly crap when trying to play balls forward, just hoof for long balls with little accuracy and couldn't pass short that well

Stereotypical defensive midfielder at this level then, he can pass a ball well though, I recall when reading beat us at home few seasons back, him and James Harper ripped Marv/LJ to bits in that game.

He's not a long term solution, but with the players wevare missing, he's proving more than good enough cover

So a good defender then

yes but you want someone in your back 4 to have some ability to find someone at least on the half way line from just outside the 18 yard box, don't think i've seen Cisse do it once yet.

Stereotypical defensive midfielder at this level then, he can pass a ball well though, I recall when reading beat us at home few seasons back, him and James Harper ripped Marv/LJ to bits in that game.

He's not a long term solution, but with the players wevare missing, he's proving more than good enough cover

'He's not a long term solution'...... He's 26 so if he keeps playing as he is and just improves his distribution can he not be a solution for a few years at least?

Just thought also as he is a Mali international we losing him during the african cup of nations i take it?

No African nations this year, it's once every two so if he's here in 12 months time then we will probably lose him for a few weeks but it won't affect us this season.

good defensivly but absalutly crap when trying to play balls forward, just hoof for long balls with little accuracy and couldn't pass short that well

what worries me is that he's a midfielder!

Archived