IGNORED

Neil Danns

James

I know this is a name being thrown around on here and in the stands following our game vs Palarse as the "ideal candidate" to fill the chasm that is our creative midfielder role but are there any legs to this rumour?

I only ask as I got chatting to a couple of R's fans pre game yesterday and they seemed to think that his "certain move from Palace" was now down to a toss up between them and us?!

Just wondered if anyone on here "in the know" *cough* boatman/mrdc *cough* had heard anything?

seems like a bit of a strange scenario to now be a choice between the high flyers and us but you never know?

I know this is a name being thrown around on here and in the stands following our game vs Palarse as the "ideal candidate" to fill the chasm that is our creative midfielder role but are there any legs to this rumour?

I only ask as I got chatting to a couple of R's fans pre game yesterday and they seemed to think that his "certain move from Palace" was now down to a toss up between them and us?!

Just wondered if anyone on here "in the know" *cough* boatman/mrdc *cough* had heard anything?

seems like a bit of a strange scenario to now be a choice between the high flyers and us but you never know?

you mean Yessirfarmer.gif

I think he'd be a great signing.

However, I don't think he'll want to come to us. The impression i get is he doesn't like us very much what with the history between us and palace. His goal celebration was one of making a statement to our fans by running over to the dolman stand. He also got a bit of stick during the match. I'd be delighted if we signed him but just can't see it happening...

Guest MC Risk

Danns looked like just what we need in the game against palace - exactly what we need :fingerscrossed:

Agreed......he looked spot on for what we are after......energetic/creative and not afraid to shoot.....would be an excellent capture but cannot see it if we are up against QPR,

Anyone know or have an incline for what is available for transfer funds......i cannot see it being much unless we ship out at least 3 players, and at the moment their does not seem to be much interest in our fringe players

There was a rumour some weeks ago about City being interested in Neil Danns and after seeing him boss the midfield against City I hoped that there were some truth in the rumours.

Speaking after the game about Danns to a well informed mate he reckoned that Wigan were considering a 3m bid for him. If thats the case then its would be game over for City.

He certainly looked the part and just the type of player Millen is looking for.

Crystal PalaceDanns signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with Crystal Palace on 22 January 2008 for a fee of £600,000, rising to £850,000 should the club gain promotion to the Premier League. After initially having a tough time with recurring injuries at Palace, Danns managed to establish himself in the Eagles' line-up in his second season at the club.

So out of contract in the summer.....interesting??????

Crystal PalaceDanns signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with Crystal Palace on 22 January 2008 for a fee of £600,000, rising to £850,000 should the club gain promotion to the Premier League. After initially having a tough time with recurring injuries at Palace, Danns managed to establish himself in the Eagles' line-up in his second season at the club.

So out of contract in the summer.....interesting??????

Yep and looks like not to sign another due to Palace's downfall. A fee of around 800k-1mil is what he will leave Palace for.

Rumours site again....................

05 Jan 2011 20:08:30

Neil Danns will definately be leaving in the January window.

Quite a few clubs are interested although it is widely thought he has narrowed his choice down to QPR and BRISTOL CITY.

The obvious choice would be the London club as they are looking up at promotion this season and Dann, s would not have to relocate.

It is thought that Dann, s could favour a move to BRISTOL CITY though, as he fancys the move to the West Country.

Both clubs could easily match his wage demand.

The new man moving into the hotseat at Palace could influence his decesion, and will move a mountain to keep him at the club!

Guest Eastend Fan

From the comment above I like the bit where it says he "fancies a move to the West Country". Maybe this is a reason he would not choose QPR, wants a different scene and a change of living style so not staying in London could be a big option.

Great signing if we get him, perfect partener for Elliot to have a commanding midfields. Fingers crossed ey

If it is a toss up between City and QPR the we would be in with a great chance of signing him. He played under Colin at Palace and if I remember rightly wasn't always in the team and wouldn't fancy a move to work under a manager who already has a plethora of talented midfielders.

Like all footballers Danns will want to join a club where he's likely to be first choice.

Neil Danns is on twitter, I think every City fan that is on there should tweet him and ask him to join us, I already have, cant do any harm!

his username for twitter @dannzy1 quote the hashtag #bristolcity too

lets start a campaign!

Dear god no. The dial on the Cringeometer only goes up to a 1000.

Please think before you bring our clubs name down to a level of desperation, leave that firmly to the gasheads.

Guest greg_cpfc

If you're looking for a creative midfielder, he probably isn't what you want - definitely more of a box to box player, (almost) always gives 110%, won't stop running, and can score goals. But like I said, I don't know if that exactly is what you want.

Would be gutted to see him go, and he's been offered a new contract - don't buy into all this 'cash strapped' bollocks, we're very much financially secure.

I'd be surprised if he wanted to go to the West Country, apparently his lady wants go back up North because he (or possibly both) are from Liverpool, so I was wondering if he was holding out for a move to perhaps Wigan/Blackpool... it's all conjecture anyway.

And yes he is out of contract this summer, and I will be gutted if he goes. Could be difficult to replace.

If you're looking for a creative midfielder, he probably isn't what you want - definitely more of a box to box player, (almost) always gives 110%, won't stop running, and can score goals. But like I said, I don't know if that exactly is what you want.

Would be gutted to see him go, and he's been offered a new contract - don't buy into all this 'cash strapped' bollocks, we're very much financially secure.

I'd be surprised if he wanted to go to the West Country, apparently his lady wants go back up North because he (or possibly both) are from Liverpool, so I was wondering if he was holding out for a move to perhaps Wigan/Blackpool... it's all conjecture anyway.

And yes he is out of contract this summer, and I will be gutted if he goes. Could be difficult to replace.

from this he sounds more like a younger and fitter version of Noble? worth buying even if not played every game, especially seeing he won't be too expensive although not holding my breath if we're against top half champ teams and low prem teams.

Thanks Greg for the info. He certainly won't sit in the midfield spraying passes around, which is what people usually seem to mean when they say creative midfield player. There again there are not many of those around anywhere. Even in Argentina, where the concept was pretty much invented, the playmaker seems to be a thing of the past.

Would be perfect for us, just what we need. On the other hand I would have thought you lot would move heaven and hell to hang on to him, like yer mate below sez...

Warnob wont use him, he doesn't really need him. To be fair the Rse are the best team Ive seen in this div, just the manager is a complete tool

Would be perfect for us, just what we need. On the other hand I would have thought you lot would move heaven and hell to hang on to him, like yer mate below sez...

Warnob wont use him, he doesn't really need him. To be fair the Rse are the best team Ive seen in this div, just the manager is a complete tool

Warnob a tool? That maybe so, that maybe so. However, Warnob has a proven track record of getting teams promoted from this division.

Found this on YouTube, its just clips from the first 6 games of this season..

My link

From watching this and the game at AG, you can see he is a top class player. But on the other hand, his playing style is completely different to ours, whereas at Palace, they compliment each other.. What i mean is he is a 'box to box' player and runs non stop, where as we are a slower team and play completely different to him. I am just wondering if this will help us or make us worse?!

Having said that, he is top of my wishlist for the transfer window... and maybe we should look into the Sheffield Wednesday left-back, he had Adomah in his pocket all day and could provide support attacking left.

Warnob a tool? That maybe so, that maybe so. However, Warnob has a proven track record of getting teams promoted from this division.

Would you want him as manager here. I wouldn't.

I know Palace fans who didn't want him there either. doubtless there will be Rse fans of like mind.

Found this on YouTube, its just clips from the first 6 games of this season..

My link

From watching this and the game at AG, you can see he is a top class player. But on the other hand, his playing style is completely different to ours, whereas at Palace, they compliment each other.. What i mean is he is a 'box to box' player and runs non stop, where as we are a slower team and play completely different to him. I am just wondering if this will help us or make us worse?!

Having said that, he is top of my wishlist for the transfer window... and maybe we should look into the Sheffield Wednesday left-back, he had Adomah in his pocket all day and could provide support attacking left.

Agreed mate but the big problem is he played in a Bristol Rover's shirt on loan last season & once a player wears a Gas shirt he will never be excepted by our own supporters. Shame but true.

Archived