IGNORED

I Said It All Along..

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Guest Tins4Gaffer

LEAVE A CERTAIN MR JOE BURNELL OUT AND WE WILL GET PROMOTED!!

THE LAD IS A JOKE AND ID STRUGGLE TO FIT HIM INTO ANY CONFERENCE SIDE WITH NO EXAGGERATIONS!!

THE LIKES OF TINNION AND WILKSHIRE ARE IN A DIFFERENT LEAGUE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! TOMMY DOC MAKES HIM LOOK LIKE AN AMATUER - I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THE MANAGERS PET (MR BURNELL!) FINDING HIMSELF IN A DIVISION TWO SIDE.. HE CLEARLY DOESNT BELONG IN LEAGUE FOOTBALL!! HE IS A JOKE.. HE CANNOT DO ANYTHING EFFECTIVE WITH THE BALL AND WITH TEAMS GETTING MEN BEHIND THE BALL AGAINST US AND THE FACT THAT WE SHOULD BE TAKING THE GAME TO THE OPPOSITION A CERTAIN MR BURNELL IS JUST A COMPLETE AND UTTER WASTE OF TIME!! :Rage:

Guest Cider_Army

I think we saw the real Joe against Southampton, he was awesome in that game, perhaps against the bigger opposition he performs well like most of the team!

I would not have him in my starting lineup, but he's a good player to have on the bench. What is it 1 goal in about 100 appearences?

...but he's not a goalscorer is he. Nobody has ever said that's what he was. His job is to break up the attacks from the opposition, and help to protect the defenders.

Again, it's not Joes fault that the manager decided to continually pick him along with Tommy. It's been said on here and by many others, both are good, but should not be playing in the same 11 as they are too similar and takes away a bit of the attacking edge we have.

What the effing hell was the reason for that post? Disgraceful personal attack on an individual who most definitely does not deserve it.

Burnell does what he can within the limitations that he knows he has very well and puts his body in where many wouldn't. I know he is not the best midfielder in the club, I know he is not an attacking midfielder and so does the majority of this forum. He probably does as well.

If you want to impress someone with your loudmouth please go somewhere else.

Thank you.

I would not start him next week, but when we play teams away that are likey to batter us i would never have put brighton in this case as they just ain't that good.

Games like QPR away, Plymouth away, Barnsley away, Port Vale away etc are games where JB will excell.

Burnell was not the problem, playing him alongside tommy D was. And if i had to pick one of the two now guess who it would be and it would certainly not be Doherty, as he has no engine and his discipline is questionable.

I will openly admit i was wrong about Burnell, i always knew he had it in him to pull out the occasional good performance, and was a good player when put on his own in central midfield without the Doc, but i always assumed that Doherty would be far more useful on his own in the middle with tins or Wilkshire, but after seeing Joe's performances rescently, and Dohertys, i am happy to accept that Joe does his job far better than the doc does.

Although this does still not change my view that Hulbert would do a better job than either of Burnell or the doc.

Sorry I must have missed that bit then. Can you give me a link to the post where I have said that then? No didn't think so.

I have never said he was "amazing", I've never even been his biggest fan. However he received some criticism, was put back into the team, and proved to most people why he is involved in the team. He's silenced a number of his doubters, including me.

If that makes him amazing then fair enough, but I have never said that at all.

I think we saw the real Joe against Southampton, he was awesome in that game, perhaps against the bigger opposition he performs well like most of the team!

Maybe he's too good for this division and cant motivate himself for games against opposition outside the top divisions :Sleep12: yes i'm being a bit wide

Guest Bristol_Babe

All the players have ups and downs. That's the way life goes.

All that really matters is that the players continue to love their football and that they have confidence.

And then the fans will be happy (hopefully)! how funny

Guest Tins4Gaffer

I'm absolutely devastated you have all suddenly 'accepted' Joe the Joke!

Sorry but I really cannot stand the lad.. he is pathetic at this standard.. he just isn't very effective at all.. Tinman/Doc/Wilkshire are basically Premiership standard and Joe the Joke wouldn't fit into any conference teams if I had my way.. he is just isn't very good simple as that.. he is enthusiastic yes I admit that.. but he won't produce the goods in terms of ability and talent to create things such as quality players like Tinman/Doc/Wilskshire.. Joe the Joke is personally the worst player I've ever seen wearing the City shirt.. enough said..

Tinman/Doc/Wilkshire are basically Premiership standard

Hope the hangover's not too bad this morning...! I haven't been a fan of Joe for a good while now, but that's for non-footballing reasons that I won't go into, but you really have not backed up any of your critism with anything worthwhile, and the above just tops it really! If Tins was able to do something with his right foot other than stand on it, and also had a bit of pace, then he would indeed have graced the Prem, (depending on that said ability, may have even solved a few left-sided England probs!) but unfortunately those limitations meant that he'd never crack top level football. Wilkshire, although I like the lad, never cut it at Prem level, hence being sold to a Div 2 club! And as for Docs....no doubt he'd have potential to be a decent Div 1 player if he had anything other than space between his ears, but Prem!?!?

As an attacking force, Joe is useless, but then that's never been his game, he's a defensive midfielder, and it is a job that he does very effectively.

There will never be any agreement on Joe's place in the squad, and I for one vote that we lay this whole matter to rest, as let's be honest the repetitiveness of it all is getting a tad tedious now, ain't it? Besides the above quote, nothing new is ever added to the debate, so...... :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12:

Guest Tins4Gaffer

There are players in the Prem with less pace than Tinnion and there are no players in the Prem with better distributional skills than Tinman's left peg..

Why does everybody feel the Prem is somewhat superhuman??

IMO there is simply no gap between top 10 sides in the Div1 and the bottom 10 in Prem.. just like there is simply no gap between bottom 10 in Div1 and top 10 in Div2.. Brian Tinnion could easily play in the Prem and stand out as a highly talented player.. Tommy Doc would just look like 'one of the others'.. as would Wilkshire just like he has done..!

Premiership is certainly NOT superhuman..

Brian Tinnion was a VERY prospecterous player at Newcastle United, my little brother is a Newcastle fan and has the book that enlists every Magpies player with profiles on the better players.. and pictures on the very good players (Shearer,Keegan,Beardsley etc). Brian Tinnion had a picture and a long profile, it states how he is such a big under-achiever in the game and how highly rated he was when he was a kid. Tins was skipper of the FA Youth Cup winning side that included Gazza.. he put in a man-of-the-match display from midfield against current champions Everton on the first game of the season which was his debut! Tins was unfortunately out injured for a long time shortly after this and when he came back Gazza/Goddard were playing out of their skin in midfield (Gazza/Tinnion was the brilliant midfield driving force for the Youth Teams AND the first team before Tinny's injury!) so he was forced to "slip into the left-back slot" despite stiff competition from more experienced campaigners but "in the end Tinnion won hands down and was literally ever-present." Another quote - "Fired with a determined attitude and blessed with a quality left foot, Brian Tinnion began raising many eyebrows with his positive bursts down the left flank overlooked by his pin perfect crosses. With team mates stepping aside for him at every set-piece, it didn't take long before he was emphatically drafted into the England U21 squad and installed as skipper. Unfortunately missed a trip of Toulon in May 1988 through 'personal reasons' and so this caused a stir with the coaching staff, he wasnt picked again."

Thats just a small chunk from his profile..

Anyway, back to JB..........

He is a very useful squad member, an ideal person to have on the bench to use in a back three/four and as a defensive midfield player. I certainly don't think he has been solely to blame for the recent form.

I think the biggest suprise was that DW dropped him away from home, where you might expect to need him. He will probably pick him on Saturday when we would expect to take the game to Barnsley. :clap:

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Well put it this, if Joe the Joke starts on Saturday that will be the last home game I go to all season I swear on my mothers life!!!!!

Well what a tremendous posting. Must have taken some thinking about that one! Showing great support for the players, I'm sure they would all appreciate that. ! Why dont you try supporting them instead of posting this absolute rubbish. What good will it do?

No Jope doesn't score enough goals (Nor does Louis Carey, Danny Coles, Tommy the ###### or Brian Tinnion) so why pick on him.

Yes he was a right back, is it his fault he is not played there?

Tommy Docherty aint that good when he is sat in the stands serving yet another ban.

Grow up and get behind the team, whoever plays in it

Archived