IGNORED

Sky Sports News

eskay

....and in the Championship tonight Leicester City take on Bristol City..... followed by several minutes of interviews and comment about Leicester and not one mention of us!!

It goes to show how changing the manager can (sometimes) work well, they were relegation fodder when Sven took over and now they are pushing for the play-offs. It is quite incredible what changes a manager can make with what he inherits (and if he is credible the signings/loan signings he can make). Not a dig at Millen - just an observation.

The irony of it was I am sure SL said Sven originally applied for GJ's job!

For or against Millen the profile of a manager has a huge bearing on the amount of news reporting. The only time i see City in the news other than a turgid match report is when David James is doing some charity or football related PR work.

I am sure if Copout was still here and we were languishing near the bottom we would be in the news a significant amount more; being in the news is usually a positive thing. Well, they do say any publicity is good publicity.

Perhaps It has something to do with the fact they have new mega rich foreign owners who have a limitless budget for players and are able to attract Premier League players on large salaries !!

Whereas we've had to make do with an England keeper and signings from Wolves, Bolton, Spurs......

Sven was available when our mega rich English owner chose Millen. And yet we still have 'experts' on here claiming that Millen was the only option available to us.

Perhaps It has something to do with the fact they have new mega rich foreign owners who have a limitless budget for players and are able to attract Premier League players on large salaries !!

We have a mega rich british owner, that should count for more!!

....and in the Championship tonight Leicester City take on Bristol City..... followed by several minutes of interviews and comment about Leicester and not one mention of us!!

It goes to show how changing the manager can (sometimes) work well, they were relegation fodder when Sven took over and now they are pushing for the play-offs. It is quite incredible what changes a manager can make with what he inherits (and if he is credible the signings/loan signings he can make). Not a dig at Millen - just an observation.

I dont think this is true is it?

I was just sat watching that, thinking the same thing. As part of my job I watch Sky Sports News a lot (it does get boring after a while) and you rarely ever see any interviews with Millen. The occasional David James piece pops up, but the same can be said for the likes of Doncaster, Sheff Utd and Watford. Generally though there is a huge blind spot when it comes to us, I always thought 'Bristol' were the rugby team....

Sven was available when our mega rich English owner chose Millen. And yet we still have 'experts' on here claiming that Millen was the only option available to us.

Yes, of course Sven could have assessed the squad, shipped out the underperforming, signed players to our weakest areas, get players motivated when GJ and SC couldn't, all within 19 days before the window closed and in the meantime throwing Millen out who had turned us from a relegation faced club into a mid table club at the end of last season.

Sven, the saviour of the universe. would have been your choice after SC left?

Unfortunately football is all about money. Until we get a new stadium where we are getting 19,000 - 20,000 fans every week we won't have the finances to attract top players to the club. We can't pay the salaries and Lansdown isn't prepared to keep bankrolling the club!

This stadium is so important to our progression as a club. It would also help if we could attract a manager that has experience of getting clubs out of the championship and who would be prepared to stay for more than 5 minutes!

Millen out who had turned us from a relegation faced club into a mid table club at the end of last season.

Well KM was a bit of a gamble based on his string of results at the end of the season, he had no real managerial heritage or history. A bit like getting married to someone because the sex was great for the first couple of months you met only to find after 6 months..............!!

Whereas we've had to make do with an England keeper and signings from Wolves, Bolton, Spurs......

Sven was available when our mega rich English owner chose Millen. And yet we still

have 'experts' on here claiming that Millen

was the only option available to us.

I've not heard anyone say that! Still think if millen keeps us up he should be given a full preseason to see what he can do !

I'm in support of millen and what he's trying to do however if it was a choice when coppell walked out , of pardew mclaren sven I'll be honest and say millen would be my last choice!

But he's here what's done is done and he gets my full support !

Yes, of course Sven could have assessed the squad, shipped out the underperforming, signed players to our weakest areas, get players motivated when GJ and SC couldn't, all within 19 days before the window closed

Well the facts are that Sven joined Leicester several weeks after KM took over at City. At that point Leicester were neck and neck with us at the bottom of the table.

He has since turned them into play-off contenders in less time than it has taken KM to move us to the dizzying heights of 19th place (4 places lower than we were when GJ left).

Forgive me if I think Sven has done a better job than KM in rather less time but the league table is there for all to see.

Keith's best mate Donnie has claimed on here on numerous occasions that Millen was the only option available. He wasn't.

Millen was the sensible option in the circumstances. A good move by the Chairman, as it's turned out, and he should be congratulated.

Martyn, you didn't answer the question, if it was to awkward to give a straight forward answer, then perhaps you would like to give (with the benefit of hindsight) who with 19 days left of the transfer window, would you have given the job to and then specify why he would have been a better choice than the present incumbent.

Well the facts are that Sven joined Leicester several weeks after KM took over at City. At that point Leicester were neck and neck with us at the bottom of the table.

He has since turned them into play-off contenders in less time than it has taken KM to move us to the dizzying heights of 19th place (4 places lower than we were when GJ left).

Forgive me if I think Sven has done a better job than KM in rather less time but the league table is there for all to see.

You are overlooking that Sven was given significant investment during the Jan window which included the signing of Yakubu. A completely different scenario to Millen.

To compare what he's done at Leicester and what Millen is doing at City is not a fair one, but that doesn't support your arguement does it?

You are overlooking that Sven was given significant investment during the Jan window which included the signing of Yakubu. A completely different scenario to Millen.

To compare what he's done at Leicester and what Millen is doing at City is not a fair one, but that doesn't support your arguement does it?

Id be interested to know your views on Keiths latest comments, and how, since the Reading game, were "slightly ahead on our points total target"

please tell me this thread is a joke? how the hell can you compare an ex England, Benfica & Man City manager with over 20 odd years experience to somone just starting out at a second division club? not only that but despite what some people say Mr Lansdown doesnt have an endless stream of money, the finances of both clubs couldnt be more different. Keith, with what hes had to work with compared to Sven hasnt done to badly for a pup still trying to find his feet in managment. i do sometimes question the level of intelligance some city fans have! grow up and stop finding ways to have a pop at Millen.

Correct

I can confirm that. It was just before Sven took over the Ivory Coast for the World Cup finals. After all that has happend since then i wish SL excepted his application.

Brilliant, I hope SL is tearing a strip off Keith as we speak, he must try harder so that sky talk about us more.

**** me, who cares we are playing a team managed by Sven who is up there with Keane in sky's ass licking stakes.

And who we beat 2-0 earlier in the season

I can confirm that. It was just before Sven took over the Ivory Coast for the World Cup finals. After all that has happend since then i wish SL excepted his application.

Thanks for that. Your source isn't the article from The People posted further up in this thread is it??

Martyn, you didn't answer the question, if it was to awkward to give a straight forward answer, then perhaps you would like to give (with the benefit of hindsight) who with 19 days left of the transfer window, would you have given the job to and then specify why he would have been a better choice than the present incumbent.

Wow - could you be a bit more patronising Geoff??

In case you hadn't noticed, Sven joined Leicester AFTER the transfer window closed. He has transformed their season using the players who were already there plus a handful of loan signings. Makes a bit of a nonsense of your 19 days figure, doesn't it?

Yakubu is on loan from Everton - there was no transfer fee involved so I hardly see how that creates an unfair comparison. I'm guessing his wages between January and May will amount to rather less than the £1m+ we spent on Pitman and Stead? And I'm guessing Keogh isn't playing for free either?

please tell me this thread is a joke? how the hell can you compare an ex England, Benfica & Man City manager with over 20 odd years experience to somone just starting out at a second division club? not only that but despite what some people say Mr Lansdown doesnt have an endless stream of money, the finances of both clubs couldnt be more different. Keith, with what hes had to work with compared to Sven hasnt done to badly for a pup still trying to find his feet in managment. i do sometimes question the level of intelligance some city fans have! grow up and stop finding ways to have a pop at Millen.

If Sven wanted the City job, can you explain why we chose a 'pup' instead of an ex England, Benfica and Man City manager with over 20 odd years experience?

Millen is useless, as is Lansdown as a chairman. The club need new fresh thoughts and ideas instead of the " let's get Scott Murray to work in the commercial office to boost ST sales". Were a joke and time has come for a massive clear out and change of direction (which for clarity is currently heading south).

Yakubu is on loan from Everton - there was no transfer fee involved so I hardly see how that creates an unfair comparison. I'm guessing his wages between January and May will amount to rather less than the £1m+ we spent on Pitman and Stead? And I'm guessing Keogh isn't playing for free either

Sven has also brought in two other loans, not as high profile as Yakubu but both have added depth to the squad. They are a much stronger outfit now that when City turned them over earlier this season.

I doubt a top manager like Sven would have gone to any Championship club unless he was assured that he'd have a decent amount of investment. He has a reputation to maintain and he's not likely to take a job unless there is a good chance of being successful and that means pots of money. Money was the only reason he went to Notts County.

I fail to see your point here. even if Yakubus loan deal is less than both Stead and Pitman, the difference is that we have two quality strikers for the price of 1 quality striker who wont even be a leciester player next season! i know which deal id chose.

No, the difference is that Leicester are competing the play off places, and Yakubu may make all the difference to their sucess, while we are still fighting to stay out lof the relegation zone, despite our two quality strikers..

As for Yakubu only being there on loan, If leicester should get promotion then they are in a stronger position to sign him permenantly. If they get promoted and he doesn't stay at Leicester, then will they be that worried, as being a prem club with very wealthy owners will give them the ability to buy very good players? On the other hand, if we are relegated, then the good news is that our two quality strikers will put us in with a great change of promotion straight back from league 1 - whoop de doo! Whether Stead and Pitman would want to stay for that challenge is another matter.

Keith's best mate Donnie has claimed on here on numerous occasions that Millen was the only option available. He wasn't.

COMPLETE AND UTTER GARBAGE

Millen was the sensible option in the circumstances

This above is what I've always said, which was simply Lansdown's view when he appointed him.

As for the thread, Sven's Leicester are always going to be higher profile, they have been a succesfully premier league club and have the former england in charge and also have signed a proven premier league striker who is in his prime on what is likely to be a VERY expensive loan.

They are always going to be higher profile and are similar club to "Roy Keane's Ipswich" and "Neil Warnock's QPR"

Think i will give it 30mins tonight , by then we should be 2-0 down and a laughing stock all weekend. Cant believe Sven applied and he was turned down... clearly shows no ambition

Think i will give it 30mins tonight , by then we should be 2-0 down and a laughing stock all weekend. Cant believe Sven applied and he was turned down... clearly shows no ambition

Let's be clear, Sven enquired before we appointed coppell,at the time who would have preferred Sven to Coppell??

No, the difference is that Leicester are competing the play off places, and Yakubu may make all the difference to their sucess, while we are still fighting to stay out lof the relegation zone, despite our two quality strikers..

As for Yakubu only being there on loan, If leicester should get promotion then they are in a stronger position to sign him permenantly. If they get promoted and he doesn't stay at Leicester, then will they be that worried, as being a prem club with very wealthy owners will give them the ability to buy very good players? On the other hand, if we are relegated, then the good news is that our two quality strikers will put us in with a great change of promotion straight back from league 1 - whoop de doo! Whether Stead and Pitman would want to stay for that challenge is another matter.

'IF' I love how your talking about best case scenario for Leicester (promotion) and worse case for us (relegation). In all likelihood both clubs will be in the Championship next season. Bias is Bias, and if's and buts are a poor argument.

Let's be clear, Sven enquired before we appointed coppell,at the time who would have preferred Sven to Coppell??

You know for sure that Sven enquired about coming to City? because top managers like him don't 'enquire' or apply for jobs. They get approached.

Archived