IGNORED

Just Got Back

Guest daniel hill

Guest daniel hill

Well I did not see that result coming!

On the drive up, stuck in traffic on the A3 I was wondering is this worth it? And after we conceded an early goal my pre match thoughts were comfirmed.

After the debarcal that was Watford goal, the defence were all at sea and no leader. Someone chirped up in the crowd and shouted to James '' Sort your F@**ing defence out'' James just turned and gave the bloke a confirming smile to as if say ''I know'' James was not best pleased with his defence.

I think we have found our new left back. Nicky Maynard. he got so frustrated with Nyatanga and Fontaine not being able to sort out who was marking/tackling what player. Nicky just got stuck in.

Cisse just seamed to be disinterested.

Caulker will be missed next season. For a young lad he carries a lot of weight on those shoulders of his, even having to direct our Captain in defending.

If only we could find a left footed Albert then our left midfield would be spot on. Woolford is no solution.

We need a creative midfielder because all be play is hoof ball, When we are under pressure instead of keeping the ball on the deck we resort to hitting the ball up forward only to loose it.

Imagine how many more goals our strikers could score if given a decent ball.

Anyway it was a quality second half and the supporters were amazing. Come on you reds!!!!

One thing I think we can agree on is the quality of the support. Until the Watford goal (and that didn't last long either) all you could hear was the City chants, we sounded like the home team on the radio. Great show.

Also just back - One of those nights where we got a few breaks. Maynards first goal could have been disallowed for two balls on the pitch at the throw-in, cracking save by James from a deflected shot, and some of Watfords finishing was woeful. We stuck to our task, Caulker and Carey were superb at the back, Albert a constant threat, and late on, Woolford made a couple of useful contributions. We scored 3 goals, Pitmans was an absolute cracker, had a great evening, so sod the negatives, let's enjoy the win, look at the positives, and if we keep playing ike we have in the last two games, we should be good enough to survive.

Bucksred said on another post that Cisse was now an asset. SO CONFUSED!!!!!!

each to their own opinion. No 2 people will ever have the same opinion on a football match.

We have posters who post on nearly every thread and according to them, they watch nearly every game......... they know absolutely nothing ! Not even if they watched until they were 80. They sing, shout , parrot other fans and beat us over the head with their nauseous nonsense on Otib and thats it. I dont mind at all, if football keeps them amused, I have golf mates in their 60's and 70's, watch City or Rovers nearly every week, they have no clue. Then we have fans who could watch 5 games a season and tell us everything we need to know in one thread. There is a huge difference in fans and their opinions. Wannabe experts, I think " Consider the source " !

I do read otib most days and had a flutter on a City win at 4/1........ Like Bucksred with Cisse, thats an asset.

Sorry but I have to disagree with a lot of the OP's original statements. The goal was waiting to happen at either end on that pitch. Woolford really played well in the second half, Cisse got through a mountain of work and quite how he expected better football on that pitch I don't know. The Watford team made it clear right from the start that they were going to bypass the midfield and we had to do the same. the main difference was we went around it more than over it.

We deserved our win after a couple of performances where we didn't get our just deserves.

On the drive up, stuck in traffic on the A3 I was wondering is this worth it? And after we conceded an early goal my pre match thoughts were comfirmed.

After the debarcal that was Watford goal, the defence were all at sea and no leader. Someone chirped up in the crowd and shouted to James '' Sort your F@**ing defence out'' James just turned and gave the bloke a confirming smile to as if say ''I know'' James was not best pleased with his defence.

I think we have found our new left back. Nicky Maynard. he got so frustrated with Nyatanga and Fontaine not being able to sort out who was marking/tackling what player. Nicky just got stuck in.

Caulker will be missed next season. For a young lad he carries a lot of weight on those shoulders of his, even having to direct our Captain in defending.

If only we could find a left footed Albert then our left midfield would be spot on. Woolford is no solution.

We need a creative midfielder because all be play is hoof ball, When we are under pressure instead of keeping the ball on the deck we resort to hitting the ball up forward only to loose it.

Anyway it was a quality second half and the supporters were amazing. Come on you reds!!!!

Now, see, you went and spoiled a perfectly good OTIB post by being positive in the last two lines, sort it out!!

Guest bobthered

Just seen the goals.

Pitman's was a bit like the Shef U winner on Friday, a real rocket.

Good to see Nicky score and another towering header from Marv.

Good stuff.

where did you see them? SSN? Internet?

Odd how Watford fans on 606 say the opposite, stating that it was BCFC who kept the ball down, whereas at every oppertunity they resorted to hoofball instead of the free flowing football they were seeing prior to their poor run of form.

Great to see the return of a 'just got back post' - these posts were what first brought me to Otib, and oddly they seem to have been in very short supply this season.

We can all have our views from the armchair but there is nothing like hearing from people who've made the trek to god knows where and are happy to share thoughts in the early hours.

Archived