IGNORED

Were These Danny Wilson's Decisions?

Guest Far_East_Red

Guest Far_East_Red

Well, if he has seen the light then I've got nothing but praise for him. Seems to be quite a coincidence that so many good decisions were made.

1) Playing with pace in the side.

2) Making Matty Hill captain - quite a motivator I would think with his upbeat approach. Don't really think a quiet grafter such as Joe Burnell is the right choice or a hot head like Tommy Doherty. Both should struggle to get back in the side anyway.

3) Playing Amankwah in a position he feels comfortable in.

4) Dropping Butler after some error prone performances.

5) Playing Wilkshire and Tinnion in central midfield.

6) Dropping the 'lets clone Wigan's approach of trying to get a goaless draw or nick a one nil win.

Well, the only explanations I can think of are either Danny has had the 'flu and Frank Barlow picked the team, someone put some happy pills in his tea before he picked the team or he now realises that you adapt the formation to suit the strengths of your squad rather than copy another team with a different set of players. Hopefully he realises that the best available players are not suited towards grinding out goaless draws away from home and, aside from not suiting the fast, young attacking players we have, it is probably at the catch up stage where away wins are needed. Anyway, lets hope whoever made the selections keeps the job and I'll include Danny in that if he can now see the glaringly obvious.

Don't know the answer Far East, all i do know is that when i heard the make-up of the team it sounded just right.

Pacey, attacking and assertive. Lets face it , if we are facing the prospect of a season floundering in this division it would be much preferable if we at least attempt to take it by the throat and fail gloriously, whilst notching as many goals as possible.

We all know we've got the players to put the opposition on the back foot and the crowd to roar them on if they see them really going for it.

Unchanged team next week Danny, and now they believe in themselves lets see City really put on a show for the home fans. :clap:

Some good points raised, except i think you have the reasons for Burnell not being a good captain, wrong. Doherty is the quiet one who tries to lead by example, Burnell is far more vocal and always has been even when not captain he is talking to players and organising them.

Although for me Hill has alwyas been my choice for captain.

Archived