IGNORED

Clarkson

mightyreds89

Ok next game surely we have to start Brett pilltman alongside Maynard? I am truly confused by clarksons role currently ( not his fault I know) he is being asked to sit in front of the midfield 2 currently but I just don't see what it brings to our team as he does not possess enough quality to play this role!

For me he has no speed, no great passing ability, not a big enough work rate nor is he a tackler or a physical presence!

I think playing him in this role is a waste of a player with no effect on the game if w played pitman or even clarkson up front at least it would give te opposition defence something to worry about! And would also see us pressing the ball further up the pitch meaning less pressure on our midfield and defence!

I'm not saying I don't agree with Millen tactic in employing someone to play this role but we just don lt have the right player for that role!!!

Clarkson was poor tonight. But when playing well he's vital - he's vital because Mullen failed to sign a midfielder and because millen plays Elliott and cisse. Clarkson comes deep and links the play. He wasted the ball alot tonight, but I cant see it getting any better if he is dropped.

Clarkson is the link between the defence and attack. Without him we are a 2 teams who happen to be wearing the same shirt. A team of defenders and a team of attackers

Ok next game surely we have to start Brett pilltman alongside Maynard? I am truly confused by clarksons role currently ( not his fault I know) he is being asked to sit in front of the midfield 2 currently but I just don't see what it brings to our team as he does not possess enough quality to play this role!

For me he has no speed, no great passing ability, not a big enough work rate nor is he a tackler or a physical presence!

I think playing him in this role is a waste of a player with no effect on the game if w played pitman or even clarkson up front at least it would give te opposition defence something to worry about! And would also see us pressing the ball further up the pitch meaning less pressure on our midfield and defence!

I'm not saying I don't agree with Millen tactic in employing someone to play this role but we just don lt have the right player for that role!!!

Remind me how many assists and goals has Clarkson contributed from this position in the last 4 games? One sub standard performance tonight and you want to change what has been working very well and been one of the main reasons for our recent good run?

They should play Pitman up front with Maynard just behind him in a entirely free role - let him go where he wants. He has a great first touch, and can create as well, we need Adomah, Woolford, and Elliott to be getting in and around the box to help Maynard and Pitman more.

Clarkson was poor tonight. But when playing well he's vital - he's vital because Mullen failed to sign a midfielder and because millen plays Elliott and cisse. Clarkson comes deep and links the play. He wasted the ball alot tonight, but I cant see it getting any better if he is dropped.

Clarkson is the link between the defence and attack. Without him we are a 2 teams who happen to be wearing the same shirt. A team of defenders and a team of attackers

Did i miss a few games?! Can't really recall an outstanding Clarkson performance to be honest, and Marv runs non-stop between defence and attack anyway. Clarkson cannot pass as he panics on the ball and either boots it aimlessly (sometimes a flukey through ball) or loses it. Maynard and Pitman should definitely be given a chance up front together

Did i miss a few games?! Can't really recall an outstanding Clarkson performance to be honest, and Marv runs non-stop between defence and attack anyway. Clarkson cannot pass as he panics on the ball and either boots it aimlessly (sometimes a flukey through ball) or loses it. Maynard and Pitman should definitely be given a chance up front together

Unless we played 2 out and out wingers Adomah and Woolford able to attack lots crosses for Pitman and Maynard both poachers but I admit but can score a goal themselves with magic of their own unsure if the partnership would work . would be tempted to play Adomah up front with Maynard similar to last season where Haynes with his pace took the attention away from Maynard and then slipped balls into Maynards path to slot them in but Adomah also as shown last few games can also score himself and can take skip past quite a few players.

They should play Pitman up front with Maynard just behind him in a entirely free role - let him go where he wants. He has a great first touch, and can create as well, we need Adomah, Woolford, and Elliott to be getting in and around the box to help Maynard and Pitman more.

Just don't let him take any throw-ins!

I personally don't rate Clarkson and would have Pitman anyday.

Agree. For all the furor about this withdrawn striker/midfielder role he's apparently doing I haven't seen much to make me think he's worth keeping, there are just too many unforced mistakes and I would rather see Pitman and Maynard. I think Pitman has a great awareness and touch around the box and might be a great foil for Maynard.

I personally don't rate Clarkson and would have Pitman anyday.

A good game at Watford, a goal against S****horpe, 2 assists and a goal against Coventry, an assist against Portsmouth (and a "goal" unluckily disallowed). I don't quite understand how the guy could improve on his contribution to the recent run. One poor performance against a very strong Norwich side and we should drop him? He really is the new Lee Johnson for some people isn't he?

A good game at Watford, a goal against S****horpe, 2 assists and a goal against Coventry, an assist against Portsmouth (and a "goal" unluckily disallowed). I don't quite understand how the guy could improve on his contribution to the recent run. One poor performance against a very strong Norwich side and we should drop him? He really is the new Lee Johnson for some people isn't he?

Or you could say one good run of form in his whole time here and we should keep him.

I would like to be proved wrong but I don't think he will carry it on.

Guest Duesseldorf Citizen

He looked as awful as everybody else yesterday.

Was pretty helpful in the last couple of games, though.

I would not blame him (alone) for the Canaries result...

My late mother used to say, " but dear, he means well ".

For around 80 minutes against a pedestrian Norwich, we were slow, did not compete for the midfield, did not even try to close them down and sat back and let them run at us. Apart from that we must have convinced Maynard to move upwards at the very first opportunity. I believe he has already been tapped.

When Adomah brought us level, it was a total shock, we should have been 3 down at that stage of the game. My son took 3-1 for the Norwich score, and had a big laugh, I backed a draw and felt safe after 83 minutes.

Not sure if we travelled up the day of the match, a bad move if we did. In any event we just did not look a winning threat.

No matter, we will get a few more results, we will be safe and all will be well in wurley wurzel land.

We need to dump 8 and sign 4 good ones, and my dog needs to stop farting !!!

My late mother used to say, " but dear, he means well ".

For around 80 minutes against a pedestrian Norwich, we were slow, did not compete for the midfield, did not even try to close them down and sat back and let them run at us. Apart from that we must have convinced Maynard to move upwards at the very first opportunity. I believe he has already been tapped.

When Adomah brought us level, it was a total shock, we should have been 3 down at that stage of the game. My son took 3-1 for the Norwich score, and had a big laugh, I backed a draw and felt safe after 83 minutes.

Not sure if we travelled up the day of the match, a bad move if we did. In any event we just did not look a winning threat.

No matter, we will get a few more results, we will be safe and all will be well in wurley wurzel land.

We need to dump 8 and sign 4 good ones, and my dog needs to stop farting !!!

I thought that. All the media attention of late.

I don't rate clarkson and have been very critical of him but he was poor against Portsmouth and Norwich,

However he has been a vital part in our goalscoring as of late as he's been doing the "Noble Role" as an attacking midfielder behind nicky, so I wouldn't really sound him out or even drop him this weekend I'll prob keep the same squad,

I would like to see nicky or Pitman in the role at some point tho'

No great passing ability? Are you kidding? Have you been watching our recent games? Ok, he had a very poor match last night, but over the last half a dozen games he hsa been the best passer in the side, by some distance.

Your winding me up he gives the ball away so so much! This 4 game run has nothing to do with clarkson pulling any strings he was poor at cov at home against S****horpe and Portsmouth and even worse last night! He is a very lazy passer! All I'm saying is if he's gonna play put him up front! Maynard is so isolated upfront alone! Still have pitman in front of clarkson! For me Maynard pitman and stead are our 3 strikers get rid of clarkson akinde and keogh in the summer! Bring in one to replace them 3 that's 2 down and allows more cash in other areas!

Your winding me up he gives the ball away so so much! This 4 game run has nothing to do with clarkson pulling any strings he was poor at cov at home against S****horpe and Portsmouth and even worse last night! He is a very lazy passer! All I'm saying is if he's gonna play put him up front! Maynard is so isolated upfront alone! Still have pitman in front of clarkson! For me Maynard pitman and stead are our 3 strikers get rid of clarkson akinde and keogh in the summer! Bring in one to replace them 3 that's 2 down and allows more cash in other areas!

He must be very lucky then to get the assists he has? Thats not a bad thing. Any player who plays in that position, attempting to play the killer final ball, will give the ball away more than any other player on the pitch.

Archived