IGNORED

Best Game Of The Season

Robbored

What a great show today. City were superb all over the pitch and gave promotion chasing Burnley nothing all game. Closing down, harrasing and pressing all over the pitch.

Defensively City were superb and even when Cisse went of injured Burnley were restricted to half a dozen long shots, none of which bothered James. In fact I remember just one save that Jamo made all game. Nyatanga in particular had a terrific game at left back.

Albert, JCR , Pitman and Maynard all had good games particulary Albert and JCR who caused Burnley problems all game and Pitmans goal was a great example of top goal finishing. Maynards goal was a result of shocking defending and I doubt he'll ever score an easier one.

Considering just how many first choice players were out injured todays performance is even more impressive.

I was well impressed with the whole team and left AG on a high once again. Nice feeling.

It was the best performance of the season today but I can't help feeling it was a bit of a nothing game. Burnley didn't even seem up for it which was strange.

Albert and Maynard were the standouts. I really can't see Maynard being here next season.

I can't help feeling it was a bit of a nothing game. Burnley didn't even seem up for it which was strange.

Yeah indeed, very much agree.

Had the feel of an end of season run around.

Adomah was very good, a constant threat and man of the match for sure, although his delivery was actually quite poor when he went outside instead of in.

Maynard had a decent game, Stewart was solid but always seems to look uneasy when in possesion and Campbell-Ryce was largely good. It is interesting to see how Campbell-Ryce seems to have slid rather quickly into the scape goat role, he seems to get incredibly rough ride without much justification.

What I think was most interesting today was just how much freedom we grant to our men on the flanks. It was evident at Norwich and has been visible at times throughout the season, but with the midfield two of Elliott and Cisse/Johnson holding their position, the men on the flank seem to have a great deal of licence to drift around the park making themselves available regardless of location.

Good result, decent performance, pleased.

It was the best performance of the season today but I can't help feeling it was a bit of a nothing game. Burnley didn't even seem up for it which was strange.

Give a little credit to City. We were well 'up for it'. It was well deserved win.

They gave Burnley nothing and made a decent side look ordinary.

Give a little credit to City. We were well 'up for it'. It was well deserved win.

They gave Burnley nothing and made a decent side look ordinary.

I gave us credit by saying it was our best performance. I just didn't feel there was much on the game.

Burnley could have gone 6th today so I think we deserve a lot of credit. Why is it when we play well people have to suggest the other team were poor? We made then look poor. Today was much more enjoyable than Scunthorpe for example. We certainly don't hang on to games 1-0 anymore like we did under GJ. I enjoy the prospect of home games. Albert, Maynard, Pitman, JCR.. All exciting.

Brilliant performance by all in a red shirt today. Both Albert and Jamal were outstanding but take nothing away from everyone. They were all a credit to a red shirt.

Taking nothing away from our performance but I honestly thought Burnley were one of the poorer teams to visit the Gate this season? Particularly as they appeared to have a tactic in the first half that as soon as they got into our half they shot???? Bizarre.

chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

Burnley were poor and disappointing today. Whether that was due to us or them I'm unsure. At half time I thought I'd been watching two pretty average sides play a drab contest. However, we certainly showed more desire and passion to win throughout. The second half was much more exciting and we ended up deserved winners in the end. Like others I'm looking forward to seeing more of Pitman and Maynard working together.

Archived