IGNORED

Dj Sets The Right Example

Red Robin

DJ has not dismissed a play-off spot just yet with seven games to go and just seven points between us and the play-offs it could just still happen.

crazier things have happened in the past.

Lets keep the good work going, and yes if others fail we can take a spot.

Yes it is a lot to ask,but whilst it is possible,lets go for seven cup finals and hopefully see where it takes us.

Well done DJ lets hope we can do it.

exciting end to the season.

I doubt we'll do it,

But he's right all the club have to do is win their last 7 games they can't do anymore then that,

recent form has been good performances aren't quite there yet but I for one am becoming alot happer with the stiuation then I did at the end of jan early feb,

The've turned it round well and need to carry it on into next season now

Guest Eastend Fan

I know it's a long shot but think it's entirely possible. We won 6 out of our 7 last games which is pretty damn good form if you ask me. That's 18 points from a possible 21, before that run started we were only just out of the relegation zone by a few points, now we find ourselves 18 points from relegation and 7 from playoffs. That's a lot of ground we have made up on the play off places so if this form carries on we could sneak in depending on what teams above us do (Mainly Reading), however there is no margin for error so 2 losses and thats us out of the race so certainly not getting my hopes up, but it's nice to know it's still mathmatically possible :)

Reading are flying, Forest have a lot of quality and don't you think the likes of Millwall, Burnley and Watford all have hopes to storm on in, too?

It would be fairytale stuff though an ambition is critical.

WE ARE 7 POINTS OFF THE PLAYOFFS, WE HAVE 7 GAMES LEFT, AND THERE ARE

7 TEAMS BETWEEN US AND THE PLAYOFFS, SO WE,LL PROBABLY FINISH 7TH.

HOWEVER, OF THOSE 7 TEAMS ABOVE US, WE STILL HAVE TO PLAY 4 OF THEM

THAT MIGHT BE WORTH SOMETHING.

WE ARE 7 POINTS OFF THE PLAYOFFS, WE HAVE 7 GAMES LEFT, AND THERE ARE

7 TEAMS BETWEEN US AND THE PLAYOFFS, SO WE,LL PROBABLY FINISH 7TH.

HOWEVER, OF THOSE 7 TEAMS ABOVE US, WE STILL HAVE TO PLAY 4 OF THEM

THAT MIGHT BE WORTH SOMETHING.

Shhhhhhhhh, no need to shout

Much will depend on tomorrow nights game. If Preston can turn Reading over at there place then our chances change from ultra slim to slim.

The likely out come is a Reading win and that's our lot for this season.

If Preston can get a result though, I can see a tasty draw between them and Forest this weekend, which means we can pull another 2 points back on both. :chant6ez:

I haven't by any means given up this season, but I don't think the play-offs will happen. I'm just trying to be realistic. I do think its a really important mentality DJ has taken on though, & important on the training field, in the dressing room & on the pitch.

I always said I'd be happy if we could reach the Prem after 5 years. I only want to go up when we're ready.

I'm also looking forward to next season. If Maynard's fit, DJ stays on, & perhaps if Caulker comes back and others perform well again, we *might* just be one to look out for next season... just a thought...

Funnily enough, I'm not sure he's done the right thing here. This may sound perverse, contrarian or negative but though it is good he is showing positivity, when it comes to this sort of thing I certainly think psychology plays a part.

We were going nicely, very nicely actually- not mentioned, not tipped, slowly closing that gap- all under the radar. Fantastic. Now James, though perhaps he was doing the right thing, but he has now drawb attention to our rise up the League. Coming from behind, a long way behind reduces pressure in some regards- best to keep the pressure off for as long as possible I reckon and slowly but surely pressurise those above us without the spotlight on us. With more pressure on though, the greater the chances of us faltering IMO. Many may disagree but as I say coming from behind is an advantage as there is less pressure in psychological terms I think.

I have just listened to his Radio Bristol interview on the BBC site and I feel that if there are any fans out there that still don't think he is a real part of this club then they should be made to listen to it too. The way he talks along with the way he celebrates wins at the end of the game tell me something compltely different.

Another season of DJ is a must in my opinion, he is becoming more and more influential all the time.

Archived