IGNORED

Swansea Bus

Magic Man

Only the Welsh....

2090696vlarge.jpg

Footballer Scott Sinclair would have felt at home this week as he paraded the promotion trophy he helped to secure around Swansea - on an open-top bus from his native Bath.

The high-flying Welsh club found itself in hot water after celebrating elevation to the Premier League on the bus promoting Bath.

Players including hat-trick hero Sinclair, team bosses and their families were cheered around the Welsh city on a City Sightseeing bus normally used for tours of Bath.

Furious fans vented their anger on Twitter with comments such as 'Why is a Bath sightseeing bus being used for the Swansea footie homecoming?' and 'How village do Swansea look on an open top bus with Bath sightseeing tours on the side?! Could they not have put a banner up???!'.

A spokesman for Swansea City yesterday said the buses used were the best available at the time.

He said: "Three years ago we used the bus that the team used in 1981 but we thought that was not big enough this time.

"We thought they (the buses used on Tuesday) were the best available at the time."

It is understood the club got in touch with the City Sightseeing group, which has franchises running open top bus tours in cities including Bath, last Thursday to organise buses in case the team was promoted in Sunday's Championship play-off final.

Ironically, bus firm First Cymru launched an hourly open-top service in Swansea on the day of the side's Wembley victory.

Former Ralph Allen School pupil Sinclair scored a hat trick to help secure a 4-2 victory for Swansea over Reading.

The 22-year-old former Chelsea striker's goals won the Welsh side promotion into football's top drawer in a move worth an estimated £90 million.

http://www.thisisbat...il/article.html

Not sure what the fuss is about. I wouldn't give 2 hoots what it said on the side of the bus if City were celebrating promotion to the prem.

Probably should have covered it up to avoid unnessecary criticism but jeez... some people are never happy.

Not sure what the fuss is about. I wouldn't give 2 hoots what it said on the side of the bus if City were celebrating promotion to the prem.

Probably should have covered it up to avoid unnessecary criticism but jeez... some people are never happy.

I agree- i think you have to have a pretty warped world-view to go and see your teams victory parade following promotion to the Premier League and go away stressing about the bus they used. The Welsh do enjoy a bit of self pity though....

I clocked the Bath tourist bus on it straight away on SSN, maybe they should of had Welsh flags draping over the bus that would of solved the problem, if City done this and the bus said Swansea tour ride that would be embarrising,.

I clocked the Bath tourist bus on it straight away on SSN, maybe they should of had Welsh flags draping over the bus that would of solved the problem, if City done this and the bus said Swansea tour ride that would be embarrising,.

Have you ever been to Swansea?!

I very much doubt they have an open top bus tour as standard practise!!!

Yes, like Tredegar a lovely place, the beach is loveley, so Swansea council didn't think in advance i love that area, so don't judge people you don't know, lets talk about football.

Yes, like Tredegar a lovely place, the beach is loveley, so Swansea council didn't think in advance i love that area, so don't judge people you don't know, lets talk about football.

O come off it. The vast majority of Swansea is a dump.

Open top Bus? I'd want a hermetically sealed one thanks! :argh:

I've got family that moved to Mumbles many years ago and tbh, the trip has improved over the years, the early days before the M4 was built we had to drive on the A48 through Cardiff. Closer to the end of the journey, through/past a blackened hillside with dead trees as you approached Port Talbot, thanks to the Steel and Petrochemical industries. The last obstacle was the Gas works next to the railway yards just before the Briton Ferry. Just a dig into the 'sand' of Swansea Bay will show you the quality of previous environmental conditions, hence the signs telling you not to dig and eat shellfish (cockles) from the beach.

Who is judging anyone?!

I was merely pointing out that Swansea in general is a dump and is highly unlikely to have any reason to run and therefore own an open top tour bus!

Get over yourself!

Who is judging anyone?!

I was merely pointing out that Swansea in general is a dump and is highly unlikely to have any reason to run and therefore own an open top tour bus!

Get over yourself!

I'm overmyself, good pub, good food, and a great garden, look forward to the new season.

So is Bristol mate....:rofl2br:

Every city has it's fair share of good and bad parts but under no definition would a wise man call Bristol a dump.

It was a simple thing for Swans to cover the Bath label, it should have been done; it's all about marketing. They are on a steep learning curve now obviously.

I agree- i think you have to have a pretty warped world-view to go and see your teams victory parade following promotion to the Premier League and go away stressing about the bus they used. The Welsh do enjoy a bit of self pity though....

Well my view is that if City won promotion, and then paraded around in an open top bus covered in " Cardiff Open Top Tours. See Cardiff Bay at it's most Beautiful" there would be outrage on here.

Well my view is that if City won promotion, and then paraded around in an open top bus covered in " Cardiff Open Top Tours. See Cardiff Bay at it's most Beautiful" there would be outrage on here.

In some respects it would be a greater insult to cardiff than us- our victory parade in their bus! In this case though its a bus from bath, with whom i'm not aware swansea have a particular rivalry with. It'd be like us having a parade in a bus that say's 'enjoy birmingham' on it or something

In some respects it would be a greater insult to cardiff than us- our victory parade in their bus! In this case though its a bus from bath, with whom i'm not aware swansea have a particular rivalry with. It'd be like us having a parade in a bus that say's 'enjoy birmingham' on it or something

Surely no such bus exists!!

Archived