IGNORED

Rose

Guest toastienick

Obviously not. Did you...?

I can just picture the uproar there would have been on here amongst some, if we had just secured the services of what we all thought to be one of England's best U21 players, who regularly impressed on the left wing or as an attacking midfielder - and then put him in at left back! Millen would have been strung up and you know it!

If HR gnuinely thought that DR was a top future left back, then im sure he would have asked us to play him in that position to see how he fared, or found him another loan moved that gave him the chance to try him out at left back.

At the end of the day, Spurs had a bit of an injury crisis, so thew DR in at left back and he did ok.

In other previous Spurs appearances, he did not play left back. I like HR, but think he is talking bo****ks on this occasion. He may get slightly fortunate in having found DR's best position, but he certainly hasnt groomed him for it.

In fact, if i recall correctly... at the thime DR signed for us, HR stated that he needed to come down to the championship and really stand out and excel, otherwise he was never going to have much of future at the top level.

I think this is a telling part of the article......

"- and I had to go out on loan at the start of the season [to Bristol City] to try to get some games."

.....and then when he was here he just wasn't interested in playing for a Championship side, especially one at the bottom of the table.

He didn't want to play Left Wing, Central Midfield and probably would have played crap as a Left Back too! As DJ said in his article [strangely enough, published while DR & SC were with us], some loan players are just not interested in playing for a lower division club! (paraphrased)

Thanks for posting, interesting article. Still, this has been mentioned before and Bar BS3 just about sums up the situation for me. If HR has been telling him for a year that he's a left back, when Rose is asked why doesn't he say that it is his position. Will also be interested to see where he plays, if he gets a game for the U21s in the Euro Champpionships.

He had no other options, but i think he didn't look half bad at that postion, the time to judge players is when they think and can do things like you, Caulker with King wow, King the best centre, and i think this is the new King. Natch talking but imo King is better than Rio & Terry, when he plays a game and after not playing for so long and play at his leval is amazing, McGrath the only player he reminds me of, if you hardley get booked in your career as a centre back that tells the story.

I always felt he looked more class when tackling back & defending in front of Macca

As the threat of the drop was looming over our shoulder for all the time he was here I guess the opportunity to experiment was never really there TBF to Millers & wiggers

Archived