IGNORED

David James For England!

Calculus

Just had the pleasure of watching Switzerland's first two goals against England. Joe Hart having a mare, as did Robert Green and Paul Robinson some time ago. I know Jamo isn't the future, but any chance of an emergency call up to help us through the euro qualifiers?

Just had the pleasure of watching Switzerland's first two goals against England. Joe Hart having a mare, as did Robert Green and Paul Robinson some time ago. I know Jamo isn't the future, but any chance of an emergency call up to help us through the euro qualifiers?

Yup lets drop Joe Hart after a mistake. Sounds about right!

Just takes the spotlight off the overrated, overpaid, talentless bunch in front of him. These are people paid a King's ransom who have not mastered the basic skills of the game. Can't control a ball and constantly giving it away. Walcott for instance is the Ivan Sproule of the England team; loads of pace and no brains at all. And how does the pedestrain Milner get in the side ahead of Johnson and Young? Note that yet another fairly minor team does the basic things much better. But of course the clubs do not accept there is anything wrong with coaching in this country and fight any reform tooth and nail. No doubt we will qualify and the players and tablois will be saying yet again that we will win it.

Just takes the spotlight off the overrated, overpaid, talentless bunch in front of him. These are people paid a King's ransom who have not mastered the basic skills of the game. Can't control a ball and constantly giving it away. Walcott for instance is the Ivan Sproule of the England team; loads of pace and no brains at all. And how does the pedestrain Milner get in the side ahead of Johnson and Young? Note that yet another fairly minor team does the basic things much better. But of course the clubs do not accept there is anything wrong with coaching in this country and fight any reform tooth and nail. No doubt we will qualify and the players and tablois will be saying yet again that we will win it.

Agree with much of this. Remember though, for all the Swiss may be a minor nation their coach is very decorated and an excellent coach is always of use. Ottmar Hitzeld, sure we've heard of him- only one of two coaches to win 2 CLs with different clubs in the last 20 years. Very flexible tactically too- hell Switzerland beat Spain last summer thanks to his tactical nous!

What mistakes?

He has to stay for the first goal, any touch he has to wait for and can't get over when there is no touch.

The second, Milner stands aside and the ball goes through the wall Hart had set.

Absolutely. Manager has made a terrible job of team selection. We have virtually no creation. Our attacking options are Young, Downing and Zamora..... Not great but Dwoning andf Young must be an improvement on Milner and Walcott.

Harts a quality young keeper to be fair and he is not the problem, we should be thankful we finally have a decent keeper that has come through..

The problem is we cannot execute the basics, our ball retention is dreadful. We have no ball players in the middle bar Wilshere its disgraceful really. The problems in English football are so deep rooted it imo is going to take a decade if not more before we see players that are technically at the level of a Spaniard or Brazilian.

Agree with much of this. Remember though, for all the Swiss may be a minor nation their coach is very decorated and an excellent coach is always of use. Ottmar Hitzeld, sure we've heard of him- only one of two coaches to win 2 CLs with different clubs in the last 20 years. Very flexible tactically too- hell Switzerland beat Spain last summer thanks to his tactical nous!

Capello is of similar stature to Hitzfeld (of whom I am a big fan, as is Alex Ferguson who it was said nominated him as successor before he withdrew his retirement) but the problem is not at that level it starts with the hopelessly inadequate coaching from an early age. That is why our players have less technical ability.

one "mistake" and drop the young keeper??

we wont have any keepers left soon!

Great work by Young!

Which begs the question why he (as one of the few in the squad who can control, pass, cross and shoot and takes good set pieces) did not start the game. Milner or Young (or indeed Johnson) is a no brainer imo. Still, this is the country that made Carlton Palmer an international. :innocent06:

Which begs the question why he (as one of the few in the squad who can control, pass, cross and shoot and takes good set pieces) did not start the game. Milner or Young (or indeed Johnson) is a no brainer imo. Still, this is the country that made Carlton Palmer an international. :innocent06:

Yeah, too true- Graham Taylor, Carlton Palmer- halycon days! :laughcont:

What mistakes?

He has to stay for the first goal, any touch he has to wait for and can't get over when there is no touch.

The second, Milner stands aside and the ball goes through the wall Hart had set.

He should of been ready in case the first goes straight through, it happens so much!

The second was a MASSIVE mistake, he got his foot to it, which means he could of got a hand to it!

Bottom line guys Walcott not good enough, Bent not good enough, Parker not good enough, Milner not good enough.

Why stop there? :disapointed2se:

Yet again a major problem in midfield where we were completely outplayed. Perhaps the poor dears are tired?

Bottom line guys Walcott not good enough, Bent not good enough, Parker not good enough, Milner not good enough.

Didn't Parker get voted Football Writers Player of the Year? Still though, technically speaking though I do wonder- Milner not the best, Bent does score goals- though not today alas, Walcott has pace to burn... Overall though, if Spain, Holland, Germany amongst others saw that they won't be too scared of us for the most part.

Lampard is the most overrated footballer I've ever seen.

He is on his way down for sure but the guy scored 20 goals + a season in a top league for the last 5 years at least. Jose Had no problem getting the best out of him so why could England never do it?

He is on his way down for sure but the guy scored 20 goals + a season in a top league for the last 5 years at least. Jose Had no problem getting the best out of him so why could England never do it?

No doubt he's a good goalscorer but he isn't a team player in my opinion. At Chelsea he usually plays just behind the striker and if your a Chelsea player, you will get numerous chances in that position so of course he will score a lot, elsewhere on the pitch however he goes missing. England should finish with Lampard now and play Gerrard/Wilshere together in the middle for now on and when Gerrard is out play the young players like Rodwell.

Heard an interesting but contentious call on 606.

Suggests that in many cases, top foreign players may make some of our top players look better than they are. Potential examples may well be, Terry and Carvalho- the latter compensating for the lack of pace and to a small extent, technical nous of the former, Gerrard and Torres before the latter went off the boil totally and Lampard bombing on while Essien- and before him Makelele- took care of the shop in a defensive sense.

I dont know if DJ is the answer of Englands goalkeeper. But Im very glad he is a City player. Probably the best keeper in cc.

I dont know if DJ is the answer of Englands goalkeeper. But Im very glad he is a City player. Probably the best keeper in cc.

Heard an interesting but contentious call on 606.

Suggests that in many cases, top foreign players may make some of our top players look better than they are. Potential examples may well be, Terry and Carvalho- the latter compensating for the lack of pace and to a small extent, technical nous of the former, Gerrard and Torres before the latter went off the boil totally and Lampard bombing on while Essien- and before him Makelele- took care of the shop in a defensive sense.

Not so much contentious as spot on imo. In their club sides they have the foreign players to do the sophisticated stuff while they do the blood and guts. At international level they have to do it all themselves and they are not up to it. It's straight 4-4-2 or nothing and they can't even do that very well.

Cant see things improving anytime soon when Terry thinks along these lines ..... "we didnt get the LUCK WE DESERVED today ...... " .

We got exactly what we deserved today.

When comments like that seem acceptable to an England captain then we're in trouble - what a crock of over-payed multi-millionaire shite!! ..... ;) ..... Bobby Moore (RIP) must be turning in his grave.

What mistakes?

Totally agree. Pub defending by those in front him. On the first goal, where was Ferdinand going? I know he had ballet lessons as a kid, but really................

I think the team needs a bit of an overhaul before it can progress.

GK: Hart

RB: Richards

CB: Cahill

CB: Dawson

LB: Baines

RM: Young

CM: Henderson

CM: Parker

LM: Johnson

ST: Bent

ST: Carroll

I think a line up similar to this should at least be trailed at some point.

A good, hungry side in my opinion.

I thought Henderson was a RM? Anyway i like the idea, but i would still put Gerrard in for Henderson, Rooney for Bent and Terry for Dawson. We need some experience in there.

Like various elements of the side, less so the formation. Not sure how technically adept the central midfield are- imagine Henderson and Parker v Xavi and Iniesta!? Carroll and Bent would IMO have question marks over their all round game.

Cant see things improving anytime soon when Terry thinks along these lines ..... "we didnt get the LUCK WE DESERVED today ...... " .

We got exactly what we deserved today.

When comments like that seem acceptable to an England captain then we're in trouble - what a crock of over-payed multi-millionaire shite!! ..... ;) ..... Bobby Moore (RIP) must be turning in his grave.

In football these days it is out of the question to say you have played badly. The players' egos are such that they can never be the case so Terry will actually believe what he says. Contrast with Matt Pryor saying the England cricket team had bowled and fielded badly yesterday. Not inclined to insult our intelligence the way footballers do.

What mistake. First goal he could do nothing about and the second Millner moved,it was his fault not Harts.

Eh? Leaving out our best player for some years?

Archived