IGNORED

Robins V Tractors Matchday Thread

mart

I don't know what's worse, the performance (which I saw [had to leave at 80mins for otherwise couldn't get home]) or the reaction from those not in attendance.

Funniest thing is the gleeful undertones to some of the posters...

We played badly today, doesn't make Millen a bad manager (nor does a win make him a good one)

Killkenny (who has not had much pre-season game time) should, in hindsight have started. Skuse and Elliot as a partnership has never and will never work.

Spence might be needed at centre back sharpish. He is composed and classy. We need his brains in the middle because unfortunately Tangs and Liam ain't dominant enough to form a partnership.

Surprisingly, (for Riaz) Macca was one of our best players.

Adomah was awful. No support for him but by last seasons standards he was crud. Stead was on his arse and (surprisingly for me) moaning a lot.

Jamo had a stinker. JCR was good until his mistake.

Saw a few minutes of Killkenny. He looks good. My dad said to me before the game that he'd be skipper by the end of the season and I think I agree.

Worrying for sure, but one defeat isn't the end of the world. I hope this is a wake up call.

Yours, one of the happy clappers.

:innocent06:

Tonight is going to be fun.

Self evident and scary that after all this time Keith has not noticed. Given that I cannot see any grounds for assuming that with the same players things will improve. No doubt it will be sorted out in training; again. :innocent06:

when KM, with his hands tied in a number of ways, saved us from relegation?

Good grief.

At what point of his/our 45 game season did he stop putting us in a relegation fight and start saving us from one?

Today is one game, people shouldn't over-react.

They will, and it's understandable why they will, but we move on, get Killkenny in the side (who presumably only wasn't on fitness grounds), keep looking for defensive reinforcements (as the management team have clearly been doing all summer) and put in a shift against Swindon.

when KM, with his hands tied in a number of ways, saved us from relegation?

He is incompetent and his selection today proved it.

He is part of the problem, not a solution. The problem being behind the scenes we are stale and all out of ideas. We have been for a long, long time.

Keith and co do not have the answers!

Just got in, forget the crap performance, what a crap attendance for an opening game, we always used to have pretty much full houses.

Does this say anything about the fans prognosis for the season?

What it says is......people are fed up paying lots of money to watch sub standard dross dressed up as football. I had a season ticket at Ashton Gate for 15 seasons, and hardly missed a game home and away. Now I go and watch Arsenal 5 or 6 times a season, whatever the score, at least the football is quality. Loyalty is great. but it somehow loses it lustre after watching Bristol City season after season. I love Bristol City but I just can't live with them!

What it says is......people are fed up paying lots of money to watch sub standard dross dressed up as football. I had a season ticket at Ashton Gate for 15 seasons, and hardly missed a game home and away. Now I go and watch Arsenal 5 or 6 times a season, whatever the score, at least the football is quality. Loyalty is great. but it somehow loses it lustre after watching Bristol City season after season. I love Bristol City but I just can't live with them!

what a tit,what is your connection with London exactly.

Just got in, forget the crap performance, what a crap attendance for an opening game, we always used to have pretty much full houses.

Does this say anything about the fans prognosis for the season?

Getting rid of the student tickets rules me out...

Thanks for the attendance; no matter how many times i see that number it still looks shocking!

Just listened to Millen via world... blimey, he sounds a broken man already.

Indeed he sounds worryingly like John Ward when he confessed he did not know what to do and needed help. Another very nice, perhaps too nice, man.:disapointed2se:

Getting rid of the student tickets rules me out...

Yeah, went today but been mulling that over myself- appreciate it's a difficult economic situation and that players contracts are so watertight for some odd reason but it'd be interesting to know how many that has knocked off the attendance or will knock off the attendance in the medium term. Generally, football in this country is a tad overpriced.

Well lets look on the upside.

Some of us backed Ipswich and made some money. If we do get relegated and Gas get promoted, we can meet in the middle and at least have 2 blood curdling fixtures to look forward to.

I made the point last season before Carey recieved his new contract, that he and Milly had played together for City and been together for probably around 12 years, there had to be a special bond there. Skuse also a City boy, will always be hard to drop having grown up with Milly around the club.

I hope Milly selects Wilson and Carey as our centerbacks against Swindon, Wilson deserves his chance, he wont get any younger. My other concern is our lack of goals. We failed to score in 4 pre season matches and yesterday, even with our supposedly best combination of Stead and Maynard. The attack did not supply goals, even with possession, more shots and was it 12 corners. The defence supplied errors, perhaps if we recieved a 2 goal start ?

I dont see any points away to Cardiff and Leicester , but at the moment we are only 3 points off automatic promotion. Thats a plus :laughcont:

Archived