IGNORED

Ipswich Fan ....

Guest ITFC

We turned down 2 million from Mad Mick a few seasons ago, would say he's worth about 800k now.

He was total class in his first season here, and when i say class he looked like he would play in the prem one day, however he has never recaptured that form of his first season, but still a decent ball winning midfielder who will chip in with half a dozen goals per season

With the way we're playing at the moment I think any new signing would be a bonus!

Leadbitter (LeadBoots) in Midfield is unbelievably bad!

errr first rumours were around £1.5mil

You've been reading Football rumours haven't you?

Go on admit it, because the first step to recovery is admission of the fact that you are a football rumours addic and have come to believe what's posted there. So come on, you can do it, because you are among friends here.

Just say the words....my name is ITFC and I am a footyrumoursaholic. Once you've said it you are half way to recovery and we will all be on hand to lend you help and support because we've all been there too!

Mind you, another 7-1 defeat could send you back over the edge very quickly in which casde alcohol might be the only remedy left.

Was a rumor on here about a midfielder not happy and seeking a move a little while back, think it was implied it was Cisse though. We do have other options in his position so its feasible i guess.

Yep definitely cisse, not a happy chappy.

You've been reading Football rumours haven't you?

Go on admit it, because the first step to recovery is admission of the fact that you are a football rumours addic and have come to believe what's posted there. So come on, you can do it, because you are among friends here.

Just say the words....my name is ITFC and I am a footyrumoursaholic. Once you've said it you are half way to recovery and we will all be on hand to lend you help and support because we've all been there too!

Mind you, another 7-1 defeat could send you back over the edge very quickly in which casde alcohol might be the only remedy left.

No, How can anyone read the sh*te on that site ?

It came about on TWTD & Tiwtter I think but no idea who got the 'original info'

Imagine this ... Deciding last minute to go to posh, watching your team get detroyed , walking out @ 6-1 thinking youve seen enough and hear london road cheer once more ... Was a great day out.

Outburned in his first season, carrying central midfield (both directions) by himself, Elliott recovered somewhat last season (although played out of position). A good header of the ball scoring nine don't make you a offensive central midfielder. Elliott would do great for you in his correct position as defensive central midfielder without any involvement in the offensive play except on set pieces and offensive runs into the box - Should you pay very good money that is.

Well we are looking for a defensive mid..., our midfield is so lazy especially tracking players back, I think it would be a good signing for us :)

Bullard & Elliott

Well we are looking for a defensive mid..., our midfield is so lazy especially tracking players back, I think it would be a good signing for us :)

Bullard & Elliott

Cisse would seem a better signing for you. Probably get him on a free as well

Guest bcfc_kieran

Imagine this ... Deciding last minute to go to posh, watching your team get detroyed , walking out @ 6-1 thinking youve seen enough and hear london road cheer once more ... Was a great day out.

Arsenal fans have felt your pain tongue.gif

Bin there, done that TWICE, Cobblers '82 and Swans '05 (?)

not nice !

Guest Fireman Sam

Nope. Don't think Marvin would leave anyway. Signed new contract in summer as well.

Signed new contract

I don't think so

And he is one of our best players

errr first rumours were around £1.5mil

That would be an excellent price for Marv., and no doubt City would accept it.

We seem to be open to good offers on many of our long standing players with a view to a thorough squad shake up, and Marv. fits into this category along with the likes of Fontaine, Johnson, Skuse and no doubt others.

Marvin's a very solid and popular player who, while never quite recapturing the incredible form of his first season, is a player who will always give 100% and at his best is a real powerhouse in the middle.

He'll get a few goals as well, something we would very much miss from midfield.

I'd be sorry to see him go, but much less so at that price.

Did that at Lu'on a few years back. And although the score wasnt as bad Wycombe too and bloody Docherty got himself sent off as well.... not ****** good..

Did someone just say he's one of our better players??? Hes one of the not good enough players in my eyes been rubbish for 2 season and a poor start to this one! Poor passer, awful first touch that means his 2nd touch is a tackle, no speed out the blocks since his knee injury! only disguised by the fact he gets the odd goal and is seen as a decent return from midfield, if we are even being offered half of the 1.5m reported then we go to sell for that money!! Think a new challenge would do him good! Not a patch on the player of old!

Did someone just say he's one of our better players??? Hes one of the not good enough players in my eyes been rubbish for 2 season and a poor start to this one! Poor passer, awful first touch that means his 2nd touch is a tackle, no speed out the blocks since his knee injury! only disguised by the fact he gets the odd goal and is seen as a decent return from midfield, if we are even being offered half of the 1.5m reported then we go to sell for that money!! Think a new challenge would do him good! Not a patch on the player of old!

way to lower his value mightreds :thumbsup:

No way 1.5m is a joke, beside, he's just signed a new deal. We would need to bring in 2 replacements if he did go. Very underrated player I think, Jewball should look elsewhere, unless Marcus opens his 'war' chest...Ohh the irony

You think? I echo wat Nogbad said, i will be sad to see him go but a lot less at 1.5 mill. Thats a very decent price.. Remember all that interest from Wolves back when Marv was actually good on a regular basis? The bids back then were only 1.5 - 2 mill so to sell him for around that now when he's not really that good would be nice bit of business IMO.

You think? I echo wat Nogbad said, i will be sad to see him go but a lot less at 1.5 mill. Thats a very decent price.. Remember all that interest from Wolves back when Marv was actually good on a regular basis? The bids back then were only 1.5 - 2 mill so to sell him for around that now when he's not really that good would be nice bit of business IMO.

Fair enough. I just think for that type of player, proven Champ player it's a steal. I mean, Do you think you could find many players who would give you 45 games at this level week in week out and pop up with some goals for £1.5m?

I'll go with Nogbads evaluation he talks sense, and sees city play where as I've not been at the Gate for over a 18 months :no:

ermmm , Apparently youve accepted a bid of £1.25 Million .... could be true , could be bollocks (Twitter & ITFc Forums)

If that is true then it shows the utter bollox our board reels out to us.

Arguably one of the first names on the team sheet, no matter what people say here. All this pushing for promotion talk would just be that! Hot air.

I hope it is just internet bs.

Marv loves it at city and Ipshit are well sh*it ... so i dont see the attraction for marv!

Oh, We will see how much he 'loves it at city'

Elliott would do great for you in his correct position as defensive central midfielder without any involvement in the offensive play except on set pieces and offensive runs into the box

Common mistake - Elliott is NOT an effective defensive midfielder - sliding around with Inspector Gadget style long legs never achieved much. A good defensive midfielder possesses a strong competency to predict the play and stop it building, as well as come take the ball off his own back 4 and play simple short balls to better gifted players.

Marvin has been far more effective supporting the loan striker with late runs into the box. As many shots/headers (on and off target) as any player we have.

Guest AlwayBelieves

Oh, We will see how much he 'loves it at city'

I reeeeaally cant see this going through mate! He is our captain at the moment!

I reeeeaally cant see this going through mate! He is our captain at the moment!

Neither can I :L

Probably just the usual last 24 hour panic bs.

Although him and bullard together would be good

Guest AlwayBelieves

Aye good player Bullard, even if he does look like Rocky from Mask.

Bullard is a sort of player we need right now to be honest!

Indeed. Like Bullard a lot, top player IMO.

Be interesting to know what wages he is on with them, any ideas Ipswich fan?

Well he was on £45,000 a week at hull and all hes said since coming here is "Yeah it's a pay cut but its more about the football" so hard to say really.

Archived