IGNORED

Peter Ried!

Guest Midge

Surely a no-brainer, did really well for Sunderland can't judge him at Plymouth as they are in dire straits surely this man would jump at the chance to manage us

Surely a no-brainer, did really well for Sunderland can't judge him at Plymouth as they are in dire straits surely this man would jump at the chance to manage us

I agree actually. Before Man City got their money he was the best manager that they had seen in years.

Got to be better than the clueless muppet we have now, and will probably be affordable.

He's a muppet!

well..... we aren't gonna appoint Pep Guardiola or Sir Alex. I'd suggest that whoever we appoint next will split opinion throughout the fanbase. I can think of several names I'd take over and above what we have at the moment - and Peter Reid is among 'em.

Peter Ried would be a shit appointment.........

But still better than Keith.

....... this speaks volumes.

There was a documentary featuring Reid a few years ago and he didn't half tear into the players in the dressing room.

No holds barred and he wasn't exactly tongue tied.

One thing's for sure, no player would ever dare give less than maximum effort under him from what I saw.

A manager who led Sunderland to their highest ever Premier League finish, yet some people still say that it would be a bad appointment, but no-one says why just the word "no".

So why would he not be any good then?

Who would be better because we aint gonna attract Martin O Neill, oh but some would see that as a bad appointment aswell

A manager who led Sunderland to their highest ever Premier League finish, yet some people still say that it would be a bad appointment, but no-one says why just the word "no".

So why would he not be any good then?

Who would be better because we aint gonna attract Martin O Neill, oh but some would see that as a bad appointment aswell

Some managers lose their 'mojo' in the business. GJ is an example of that. Peter Reid was at one point a good manager. Football and it's style in this country has moved on quick swiftly in the last decade, he simply has not adapted to that.

Oh ******g iye!!

Giving the pampered pros a few 'handgrenades' was exactly what got Mr Johnson the hoof eventually.

Mssrs Carey, Hartley, Orr, etal did'nt like it, did they, and caused a players revolt - I call it 'back-stabbing'.

How dare a manager 'gee-up' this failing shower of under-performing prima-dona's??

Whilst there no-doubt exists the perfect middle-ground, you can either have Keith at one extreme, or Ried / Johnson at the other.

What should have happened was a full clear out last season / over the summer: now just look at our squad - how much money is going waste on fringe players, whilst some of the real dead-wood still wamrs the bench / treatment room on thier inflated salary.

BCFC players: "earn you money".

igiveup.gifigiveup.gifigiveup.gifigiveup.gif

For someone who likes to get on his high horse regarding rudeness on this forum you really have no concept of constructive criticism do you...

"clueless muppet" I think the common phrase that gets bandied about in these situations is "if the cap fits"

Haven't you got any homework to do?

Oh ******g iye!!

Giving the pampered pros a few 'handgrenades' was exactly what got Mr Johnson the hoof eventually.

Mssrs Carey, Hartley, Orr, etal did'nt like it, did they, and caused a players revolt - I call it 'back-stabbing'.

How dare a manager 'gee-up' this failing shower of under-performing prima-dona's??

Whilst there no-doubt exists the perfect middle-ground, you can either have Keith at one extreme, or Ried / Johnson at the other.

What should have happened was a full clear out last season / over the summer: now just look at our squad - how much money is going waste on fringe players, whilst some of the real dead-wood still wamrs the bench / treatment room on thier inflated salary.

BCFC players: "earn you money".

igiveup.gifigiveup.gifigiveup.gifigiveup.gif

Pretty sure we tried pretty hard to get rid of all the dead wood this summer without anyone wanting to take them!

While I think Millen's time is nearly up I can't help feeling a little sorry for him! Inherited a squad of overpaid players that no-one wants to take off his hands!

Jack's mythical "best".

As rare as realistic Rovers fan. Some even say it simply doesn't exist.

You already did...

...that's what mythical means.

...More homework?

Anyway Jordan, if you don't like what I write feel free to place me on your 'ignore' list. I'm tempted to do this with you, but believe it or not I actually quite enjoy some of your posts.

Have a nice day.

Archived