IGNORED

Why Do People Look So Miserable When Using Travelodge Hotels?

Never to the dark side

I have no problems with Travelodge hotels for me personally.

BUT

why do those who generally use Travelodge hotels look so fed up and don't want to communicate with any one else maybe they are NOT football followers?

Its looks like its mainly BRISTOL CITY fans at the THREE travelodge hotels in Blackpool next weekend(friday and saturday nights)

As the SOLD OUT signs have been put up at all three travelodge hotels next weekend

Chelsea are at Bolton on the sunday and Norwich are at Man Utd on the Saturday

So wear your BRISTOL CITY colours with PRIDE next weekend where ever you may be staying in the blackpool area

Some people just have a negative mindset. Compare that to Keith Millen:

"If they keep performing like that and showing the same sort of desire then our first home win won't be far away."

That's measured optimism. He's not saying that we will definitely win our next home game. We may have to go six, seven or eight games at Ashton Gate before chalking up our first win there this season but we will get that victory in a not too distant future.

Can't see what all the fuss is about on here or why people staying at crap hotels are so grumpy.

To be fair an average Travelodge is blighted by:-

1. Being in a grime filled part of town

2. Suffering from paper thin partition walls and floors

3. Employing the least motivated or trained staff for the longest hours and the smallest amount of pay

4. The lack of national maintenance monitoring over its franchisor base

5. Pigeons in their rooms who take up residence under beds - that one was in a news paper article i read recently

6. Tending to attract the poorer end of the market because they are cheap and the less money you have, on average in a western society, the more miserable you are likely to be.

7. Being too close to noisy and dirty roads and football stadia where the average lot of an away fan is not usually pleasurable.

Its all fairly straightforward, therefore, why Travel Lodge guests are generally a miserable lot.

I suggest instead you seek out a decent local B & B... far far better quality and value and not owned by yet another UAE fund.

To play devil's advocate , could it be possible that people at the Travelodge Hotel only become grumpy

when they see a subbuteo team set up at the breakfast buffet, recreating Brett Pitmans header.

Just a thought

Personally, I'd cheer up if I saw a subbuteo team at the "breakfast buffet". I might even try to get my face in to the crowd shots.

However, isn't the Travelodge the hotel chain that provides "breakfast in a box"? Grim doesn't begin to describe it.

I'm not miserable, I have normally got a room for less than £20 so am very happy. Never found much to moan about with travelodge, they are cheap, I don't go there to converse with the staff, rooms are comfortable enough and have a bed and a bog, and it made a trip to Inverness affordable. Hotel was a bit out of town, but the number 5 and 6 busses sorted that out!

Very apt topic, I currently live at a Travelodge hotel in London. I have been here for 3 weeks so far.

And I can categorically confirm that the majority of staff are grumpy and/or rude 7 days a week.

Guest Ashton Gater

I quite like the Big Blue Hotel in Blackpool.

Always take Premier Inn over Travelodge though.

Was hoping to go to Blackpool this year... but yet again it clashes with other arrangements... annoying!

Very apt topic, I currently live at a Travelodge hotel in London. I have been here for 3 weeks so far.

And I can categorically confirm that the majority of staff are grumpy and/or rude 7 days a week.

If it fits your work, try the Travelodge Kew Bridge. Better maintained than most and just a few minutes walk from the Thames. Cross the bridge for cracking pubs in the Kew Green area.

Archived