IGNORED

Future

Guest peg_leg_greg

Guest peg_leg_greg

ok. the year is 2010. where are city? all the leagues are the same jus diferent teams. where are city? are we gettin midtable every season in the premiership or are we living life low in the non-league world. have we won any cups? where are city? are we wel known or not? what are your views on are future?

I honestly can't see us being in division two for much longer.

In seven years, until 2010, I'd like to think we could be a side challenging for a play-off spot into the top flight. I honestly believe that.

HOWEVER, it's all just potential!

Anything could happen I suppose but if the youth continue to prosper (only one player on Saturday was above 26 years old) then we should continue to progress.

Guest KingswoodRed

I'm sorry to put a down side to this posting but a huge meteorite hit Earth in 2007 and obliterated life as we know it.

However, as we well know cockroaches are hardy old devils so when Earth returns to normal, and football becomes a force again in the world of sport, Bristol Rovers & Cardiff will have a head start on all the rest of us with regards to fans.

:clap: :clap: :D

Hopefully the Club has some sort of 5 Year Plan that they are aiming for. If I was in charge, my aims would be:

. Promotion out of Division 2 by the end of 2004 Season

. Consolidation of a Divison 1 place in 2004-05

. The arrival of 2 or 3 High quality Division 1 standard players on top of the ones we already have.

. Continued use of the Academy to provide First team quality players

. Aim for a mid-table place in Division 1 2005-06 season.

. Produce a cup run to 5th round or better in F.A Cup.

. Assess (sp?) Danny Wilson's role as manager, with a view to possibly renew-ing his contract.

. Continue to nurture Academy players and quality signings for a finish in the top half of division 1 for 2006-07 season.

. Aim for promotion to premiership for 07-08 season, (passing Man Ure on the way down. :how funny: )

Of course we could be in the Ryman league after forming a break-away team after the move to Easter Compton has gone ahead... :P

I'm sorry to put a down side to this posting but a huge meteorite hit Earth in 2007 and obliterated life as we know it.

The world doesn't end as Lee Matthews, Mickey Bell and Peter Beadle are sent to outerspace to provide a barrier for the comet to rebound off and earth is saved.

Meanwhile back at Ashton gate.........

City are just recovering from being relegated from LDV Premiership 1 into the LDV Premiership 2 where Leroy Lita's 30 goals where not enough as City lost a relegation decider to Bolton (those jammy northerners!) and subsequently Shaun Taylor loses his job and is replaced by a 'dream team' partnership of Tony Adams and Brian Tinnion. All is well at AG's 50,000 super stadium that year as City gain promotion back to the top flight and win the Intercontinental Anglo - Japanese Shield/Vase with veteran Super Scotty Murray heading a last minute winner against Jubilo Iwata to take the crown.

Happy days.

The world doesn't end as Lee Matthews, Mickey Bell and Peter Beadle are sent to outerspace to provide a barrier for the comet to rebound off and earth is saved.

Why do they need Mickey Bell and Peter Beadle? :Confused13:

Guest The Clevedon and Romford Vessel

Why do they need Mickey Bell and Peter Beadle?  :Confused13:

For moral support! :how funny:

Hopefully the Club has some sort of 5 Year Plan that they are aiming for.

I think they have one already.

It's something realistic like, 1. Still be in business, 2. Still be able to afford full timers. 3. Be one of the clubs in any revamped league restructure. 4. get some good kids sell them on (see part1). 5. Keep the fans happy with reasonably attacking football and the odd signing. 6. Hope other teams aren't as sensible and rise through the leagues by good business sense.

I am not being nasty here, I much prefer this plan to the one's that have been sold to us before.

1. Premiership by 2005, 2. Major trophy by 2007 3. Champions League winners 2010, etc, etc, etc, 4. Herds of Internationals begging to play at our 75000 all seater covered stadium. etc etc etc ( you know the ones) :Cheeky22:

Unfortunately this isn't a PC game.

So many clubs will have finally gone bust by then that money conscious City, with a prudent board in charge, are one of only 40 professional clubs left in the League.

If a triangle was drawn from Swansea - Walsall - Bournemouth, City would be the only remaining club in that area giving us a massive fan base. This in turn would be boosting our finances and making us highly competative. Due to the lack of clubs, player's wages will have fallen into line with reality.

Archived