IGNORED

Fallon?

Guest Cyprus_Red

Guest SwindonBob
Lets see.. money? 

this of course makes sence since Swindon has/is in administration..

I would just like to point out that we are not in administation and have not been since March!

Guest SwindonBob

Aren't you a bit worried that the lessons haven't been learnt ?

Not sure what point your making there? Clubs that come out of admin have to provide the football league with all financial documentation on a monthly basis. Also any attempts to buy or loan players have to be approved by the league once they are satisfied that the club can afford too and stay within their budgets. Whether you choose to belive that STFC is now running at a monthly profit is up to you! If I were you i'd be more worried about your own financial problems. Losing £2 Million each year (according to WDP) is not healthy.

p.s. Fallon is the first player we have paid for since we signed Sam Parkin for £50K at the start of last season. Fallon also cost £50K for the record. Parkin, Mooney and Fallon all for a total of £100K. Not a bad bit a business I do believe! Credit where due eh chaps?

Guest ziderhead2003

I hope he does #### at swindon cause 1 i hate swindon! and 2 it would of bin a waste of money. I EFIN HATE SWINDON.................................. :sport5: :Rage: :sport5: :Rage:

Guest Mcveigh_stfc
ziderhead2003 Posted on Nov 17 2003, 06:08 PM

I hope he does #### at swindon cause 1 i hate swindon! and 2 it would of bin a waste of money. I EFIN HATE SWINDON

I'm going to have a wild guess here but spelling isnt your strong point now is it Junior!!!??

Have a look at your own shoddy finances before you ringers criticise ours!!

That Lee Miller was a good signing wasnt he!!?? :rolleyes:

Guest swindonite

We've actually been out of administration since Aug 2002, the club got screwed over by a group of property developers, promising the earth but delivering nothing other than getting the club into more debt by wasting money on such things as travelling about via helicopter. They were booted out at the back end of 2001 and the new board found out what a mess they'd made which is why we had to go into admin again.

I can assure you, unlike yourselves our club is living within it's means now. We have one of the smallest wage bills in the division and gates are well above the break even figure.

Given your huge losses year after year, how long before you guys have to enter admin?

That Lee Miller was a good signing wasnt he!!??  :rolleyes:

Yeah actually , :Cheeky22: he is starting to show real promise and has a great first touch , is good in the air and can finnish , name one striker at you club who has all of those attributes. And another thing 2-1. :how funny: :how funny: :how funny: :how funny: :how funny: :how funny: :Cheeky22:

Guest swindonite

Yeah actually , :Cheeky22: he is starting to show real promise and has a great first touch , is good in the air and can finnish , name one striker at you club who has all of those attributes. And another thing 2-1. :how funny: :how funny: :how funny: :how funny: :how funny: :how funny: :Cheeky22:

We have far better striker than Miller - Sam Parkin, cost a fraction of the cost of Miller as well! :rolleyes:

What was that, only Millers 4th goal of the season last Saturday? Parkins all ready got 9 and he's missed 5 weeks through injury!

Guest SwindonBob

STEADY ON NOW YOU WILL BE TALKING OF PROMOTION NEXT; HAVE YOU RECOVERED NOW THEN FROM YOUR BEATING AT THE GATE.

I think our chances of reaching the playoffs are just as real as yours. Yes we were disappointed to lose at AG but thats life. We still managed to grind out decent away wins at tough places like Oldham and Colchester and now we have more aless recovered from all our injuries we are looking to get back on track (looks like you might be too).

Insults aside, no team is going to run away with the title and the league is so wide open. Hopefully both are teams will meet again next season in the first division!

Guest Mcveigh_stfc

If i could give City an award it would be for the quietest fans in the division!!!

The last 3 times weve played you you've been far 2 quiet!!,oh yes you beat us 2-1 but if we had our strongest team that day then you wouldnt have beat us!!! :TheBird:

Guest Bootylicious
If i could give City an award it would be for the quietest fans in the division!!!

The last 3 times weve played you you've been far 2 quiet!!,oh yes you beat us 2-1 but if we had our strongest team that day then you wouldnt have beat us!!! :TheBird:

How nice of you to even think of giving us an award.

As for the rest, well we shall see in the return fixture, but i have no doubt City will once again beat your team of no-hopers! :Cheeky22:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"If i could give City an award it would be for the quietest fans in the division"

And thats all you can really say isn't it.

We can soak up losing £2 million losses, you can't

We can get big gates, you can't

Infact what is there to Swindon Town FC? You're one of those teams that just make up numbers, you have no character, no History. Your just a small town team that got in the Prem once and shamed itself on sky playing Liverpool

Guest ziderhead2003

what an your fans r loud! :how funny: Yeah what lot turn out every game. 6000 if your lucky. REAL LOYAL AND GOOD SURPORT U GOT.

Guest swindonite
"If i could give City an award it would be for the quietest fans in the division"

And thats all you can really say isn't it.

We can soak up losing £2 million losses, you can't

We can get big gates, you can't

Infact what is there to Swindon Town FC?  You're one of those teams that just make up numbers, you have no character, no History.  Your just a small town team that got in the Prem once and shamed itself on sky playing Liverpool

I'll remind you of that when you fail to get promotion again and have to go into admin.

Remind us of the last time you played a season in a division above us? And having such major trophies as the LDV windscreen wipers to your name is hardly anything to shout about, might not be much but we can at least say we've got a league cup to our name.

In your short 21 years of history, 15 of them have been spent in the bottom 2 divisions. Not much to be proud of is it?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"I'll remind you of that when you fail to get promotion again and have to go into admin."

But we won't go into admin, our directors will keep us out of it. Our losses are getting smaller and we have the ability to improve our ground and bring in new faces.

Our financial prudence is paying off big time, and when we do go up and leave you with the rest of the nobody teams that no one cares about I'll send you a programe so you can dream about the days when you managed to be in a respectable posistion

Guest Cyprus_Red

there were no fans at your ground last season were brought more fans than u 2000 were waiting outside the attendance was bout 6000 your fans r rubbish

Guest Red_Rat

Mr Swindon man.u just seem to be jealous of our clubs superior Footblling ability and Financial status,let alone our 3 times larger fan-base.We won't have to worry bout going into admin. if we don;t go upcos we're going up....and your guna help us when we beat you 3-0 at he ounty ground.

Guest Mickey Bells left foot

"might not be much but we can at least say we've got a league cup to our name".

and how long ago was that!?

Swindon fans, (AKA probably didn't go last season but now go because they're on the fringes of the playoffs, will stop going when a losing run starts again though).

Please can you give us aload more seats this season so we can bring the full amount of fans we want to bring!

Also you say how Parkins been out for 5 weeks with injury and scored 9, Miller has been on the bench for plenty of games this season, and he WILL be better or as good as Parkin in the future I believe!

Never heard of Fallon so I can't comment!

""might not be much but we can at least say we've got a league cup to our name".

You've also got a record 100 goals conceded in the Premiership since it started!

HANG ON! Is that another Swinedon excuse i hear?

Guest SwindonBob

Time for everyone to wake up and smell the coffee methinks. If everyone is honest with eachother then its all to obvious to see that neither club have had a major league success in recent years. We could go on all night bickering over fan bases, finances and who's got the best strikers until where all blue in the face. The simple truth is neither team is good enough to be in division 1 ('cos if they were then they would be there). The longer any club club stays in the lower leagues the more likely to stay there. No team has a right to say they 'belong in division 1', you have to earn it. All I will say is this: The key to getting out of this league is consistancy, nothing else. Crowd size, ground or finances are irrevevent (although they can sometimes help). I have seen both Swindon and City play various games this season and truely believe both clubs can make a push at least for the playoffs if they can be more consistant. Nothing is more annoying than going to a home game full of hope and expectation after a good away win only to draw at home against the lesser opposition.

Archived