IGNORED

Sexton Confirms Mcinnes No1 Target

Guest WickwarRed

I really hope this is lazy journalism.

Totally agree with that Matt, to me that sounds like a agent trying to russle up some interest in Mcinnes, i cant see for 1 min Sexton saying to anyone other than board members he is my number 1......rubbish!!! And if you have watched his team play you will know he is not for us :disapointed2se:

According to the Scottish sun anyway!

http://www.thescotti...answer-Col.html

Hers a quote from one of there fans on there forum "I don't think a club fighting relegation in the Championship would take a chance with a rookie manager from the footballing backwater that is Scotland."

True words imo, would we take that chance?? I know i wouldnt not in the postion we are in.

Guest sportingmad0209

Managers who wear tacksuits never seem to do well at City...

That counts out Martin O'Neil then...

Let's disregard any manager who wears a tracksuit! :worship2:

Hers a quote from one of there fans on there forum "I don't think a club fighting relegation in the Championship would take a chance with a rookie manager from the footballing backwater that is Scotland."

True words imo, would we take that chance?? I know i wouldnt not in the postion we are in.

I wouldn't describe him as a rookie manager. He has been managing for 4 years, he took over at St Johnstone in 2007.

I wouldn't describe him as a rookie manager. He has been managing for 4 years, he took over at St Johnstone in 2007.

I was just quoting one of their fans, thats how they see him after 4 years of Management.

Coming from St. Johnson doesn't sound promising but the manager McInnes took over from

didn't do a bad job when he left St. Johnstone .

Owen Coyle joined Burnley (fron St.Johnstone) - Burnley were languishing near the bottom of the Championship

having won 1 of their last 10 games.

within 2 years Coyle had got them into the Premier League.

Maybe Sextoy thinks this guy can emulate Coyle?

CR

Interview on radio Bristol this morning with the editor of Jock Sun, he said the rumour started with them because McInnes

name comes up every time a Championship manager loses his job?

Chairman Colin Sexstone has already confirmed in private the Saints gaffer is his No1 target to fill the post.

So a private statement is splashed across the papers.

Exactly!! Its rubbish, well i hope it is anyway :preacher:

Seems like a good shout IMHO - I think we don't need someone whose solution is a 'big ticket' player, a la Jones and Davies, rather someone who can maximise limited resources - St J's are absolutely no-one so to get them up to 4th is some going.

The only problem I have is that he's Scottish, and they sometimes don't travel well. Mind you, that Moyes fella did OK, and some fella called Ferguson has won a few things...:laughcont:

Let's hope this is utter bollocks, the thing that worries me is that he would be probably quite cheap, we'd have to pay compo, but in the long run he cost a lot less than some of the other candidates.

Scares tye shite out of me that in the situation we are in we would bring in a manager with 1 club and no experience of managing at championship level, worrying.

I'd be happy with McInnes, but what i hope happens is that we get a list of people together, spend the next week TALKING to them and choose the one that the board feel is best for the job. What we don't want to do is appoint on the basis of "He's done really well at that club" or "He got them to the play offs a couple of seasons ago." In all honesty i'd be happier with a McInnes or a Karl Robinson than a Jones or a Davies, but whoever gets the job we need to get 100% behind them- even if they're perceived to be the cheap or easy option :city:

Archived