IGNORED

Contract .... Fixed Term Or 12 Month Rolling?

WhistleHappy

With so much being 'up in the air' for BCFC right now... stadium plans, struggling bigtime in league, loads of deadwood to be cleared out next year etc... What kind of managerial contract do you think we should be looking to offer?

I assume we have to pay-off Keiths remaining time on his (I think) 3 year deal.

That was a major mistake by Steve, very costly & maybe reason Keith was given perhaps a little too long to turn things around before the inevitable chop?

When Coppell left I believe Millen deserved his chance but it should've been on a rolling contract basis... in the end we were stuck between a rock & a hard place -& we're all paying the price for that.

So given our present circumstances (on & off the pitch)..... should we put all our eggs in one longterm commitment with a new manager or go for a 'rolling contract' scenario where we risk (a successful manager) walking away for pastures new just at a time when we need him??

I'd go for the rolling-contract -at least for the time being.

What do you think the board will do this time???

With so much being 'up in the air' for BCFC right now... stadium plans, struggling bigtime in league, loads of deadwood to be cleared out next year etc... What kind of managerial contract do you think we should be looking to offer?

I assume we have to pay-off Keiths remaining time on his (I think) 3 year deal.

That was a major mistake by Steve, very costly & maybe reason Keith was given perhaps a little too long to turn things around before the inevitable chop?

When Coppell left I believe Millen deserved his chance but it should've been on a rolling contract basis... in the end we were stuck between a rock & a hard place -& we're all paying the price for that.

So given our present circumstances (on & off the pitch)..... should we put all our eggs in one longterm commitment with a new manager or go for a 'rolling contract' scenario where we risk (a successful manager) walking away for pastures new just at a time when we need him??

I'd go for the rolling-contract -at least for the time being.

What do you think the board will do this time???

Make a panic/cheap appointment.

He already had a 3 year contract as assistant manager. He was'nt going to accept a far worse contract, when he was being promoted from assistant.

...in that case he was never the man for the job. He was being offered a chance to move up, prove, & make a name for himself.

If he was confident of being a success he would've taken the gamble & put the 3year security on the line - where else would such a golden opportunity have presented itself to him?

( as it happens BCFC took the gamble on him & lost ... maybe we should've insisted he took a bit of a gamble too & maybe reduced the length of contract he was holding ?? )

The best club in the world Barca have there manager on a rolling contract, the way forward the problem is Chairman when a manager is doing well they think to sign them up on a good three year contract thinking if they go good compensation, Johnson & Millen contracts shows this. And it has not work out.

At the risk of a mundane posting. I think by law we could not have offered Millen a contract on worse terms (in terms of both duration and wages) for his new posting. So, in terms of the Millen contract, it is perhaps a moot point.

With regards to a new manager, I think a 12 month rolling contract is ideal. Security to the incumbent and not an extortionate severance payment should the worse happen!

SON

Millen already had a 3 year contract as assistant. You *cannot* offer someone a new job with a shorter contract. It's against employment law. :argh:

Millen already had a 3 year contract as assistant. You *cannot* offer someone a new job with a shorter contract. It's against employment law. :argh:

You can offer whatever you like and Millen would have been within his rights to reject such an offer.

If he had agreed to a shorter contract, then that would have been legal - cant see anyone in millens position accepting that tho.

You can offer whatever you like and Millen would have been within his rights to reject such an offer.

If he had agreed to a shorter contract, then that would have been legal - cant see anyone in millens position accepting that tho.

Why not? ... isnt that a bit like saying a Championship player (on top wages & a long contract) would turn down a move to a Premier League club if the initial contract on offer was for only a year? .... (if he truly believed in himself & his ability to make a success of it)

Archived