IGNORED

Tommy Doc

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Guest Tins4Gaffer

I certainly dont see Tommy Doherty as a holding midfield player! Fair enough he pocesses alot of naturally good timing with his challenges/interceptions etc but that naturally good timing is there on everything he does. Tommy really should be allowed to break out into more advanced positions instead of easing back/sitting which frustrates him alot because it's just wasting his talent. As far as I'm concerned he's the best in Div2 when he is at his sharpest. It's Tommy's attacking attributes and good vision that impresses me about him.. he shows glimpses of real quality with his quick feet and is a really good little passer at times.. Tommy Doherty prefers to release effective balls forwards unlike a certain Joe 'the Joke' Burnell! :Rage:

Docherty is a class act on his day.The problem is that those days are getting fewer as the season goes along.He started the season well but since getting injured(again) he's struggled to find his form.Part of his sending off at Wycombe was down to his frustration at his lack of form.

IF he could stay fit and maintain some form he's a valuable player and would almost certainly be in my starting line-up most weeks.

Archived